Hydradeck RTS

totallymichael
One Eyed Hopeful

Hydradeck RTS

Post by totallymichael »

The creator of the Hydra Deck and Hydra Cover Shooter just released his new RTS prototype. If you've got a Rift and a Hydra you have to try it out. I'm amazed that nobody's thought of this before. RTS's in VR will be amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYvwMd4JCIM
RoTaToR
Cross Eyed!

Re: Hydradeck RTS

Post by RoTaToR »

nice Concept.

Maybe they can include a squad counter.
colocolo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by colocolo »

that's cool! i always wished to do that with my Warhammer army. :D
fireslayer26
Cross Eyed!

Post by fireslayer26 »

Very cool! Almost like a badass 3D version of the game Black and White!!!
www.abcliveit.com Change your life! PM for details
imPsimon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by imPsimon »

colocolo wrote:that's cool! i always wished to do that with my Warhammer army. :D
I would like to stand in front of a virtual board that looks like a regular Wargame board which you use
to play Warhammer, Field of glory, Flames of war and other miniature games except now
the terrain and miniature are not static like in real life.

Turn based strategy could be made really cool in the same fashion.
When playing a game like Europa Universalis IV or Civ 5 you can sit in a virtual room decorated to proper era with a map rolled out
on the table where you se your moves in realtime on the map.
Maybe sitting in a bunker or a military "planning room" (better word?) playing a game of Unity Of Command or other
ww2 strategy game on a map.

Cant wait to see more how this game develops, looks great so far.
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

The scary thing is that I can see this used for actual war in the not-too-distant future. With the drones that are being created and used by the US (and probably other armed forces), this would seem a pretty efficient way to control autonomous machines in battle.
colocolo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by colocolo »

android78 wrote:The scary thing is that I can see this used for actual war in the not-too-distant future. With the drones that are being created and used by the US (and probably other armed forces), this would seem a pretty efficient way to control autonomous machines in battle.
Autonomous or not.
IMO it doesnt matter if i get killed by a drone or a human...or a atomic bomb. What's the difference.
Either a loving zombie of soldier kills me or Terminator. Its the same. The soldier doesnt think for himself and.... All we can hope is that people will awake and start to disbelieve what press is telling them. No matter how cruel the news are. Its basically all badass blackmailing what they are doing.

Return to “Oculus VR”