Ouya game confirmed for Rift

Direlight
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Ouya game confirmed for Rift

Post by Direlight »

Rift is officially multi-platform.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/24/445928 ... ickstarter

Motion controls, tegra 4, and 3d support is coming as well from doing some Ouya research.

Console is currently sold out in some places, kickstarter products are dominating even on big markets like amazon. :)
Evenios

Re: Ouya game confirmed for Rift

Post by Evenios »

sounds nice though to be honest for me thats not that huge of news. well on one level it is...the idea of using the Oculus Rift for a console.....but i think the Rift would do muuch better if it could be used with like the PS4...because the Ouya is nice but not exactly a super computer you know :-p neat to know none the less.
Lilwolf
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lilwolf »

Licensing on the larger consoles make it impossible to write a game that requires something like the rift right now. You might be able to get them to create a game that optionally works with the rift at best.

I think it's also would be expensive / impractical / impossible for Oculus to release api's for the major consoles without spending a crap load. (but with 16mil in venture capital. I wonder if they could??)

xbox one / ps4 + rift would = amazing.

wii u + rift would = great.

ouya + rift = kinda cool / possible stepping stone.
Direlight

Post by Direlight »

.but i think the Rift would do muuch better if it could be used with like the PS4
Remember the Ouya business model, they upgrade every year or so. So the next Ouya will be Tegra 4 and thats's enough for low a resource OS. They can upgrade the OS as well, and nvidia is planning grid support, which might work better on a local computer, like nvidia shield, my new direct-line wifi modem is very low latency, it only adds about 10ms on tests.

I'm sure they'll be more then a few Rift games, when it's not as limited GPU wise, plus conversion methods will work as well. (converting external consoles to Rift-PC format)
Hadtstec
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hadtstec »

Its an Oasis Terminal! Sweet :woot
whoisonline
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by whoisonline »

Thats cool, the more platforms the merrier :-)
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

Evenios wrote:sounds nice though to be honest for me thats not that huge of news. well on one level it is...the idea of using the Oculus Rift for a console.....but i think the Rift would do muuch better if it could be used with like the PS4...because the Ouya is nice but not exactly a super computer you know :-p neat to know none the less.
Then may be you should wait till OUYA gets TEGRA4 upgrade. (As they mentioned they have intentions for releasing tech upgrade every year). Which is bound to happen soon enough once NVIDIA get their SHIELD Foothold in market as they have not said TEGRA 4 is SHIELD eXclusive. Then there is LOGAN a more promising SoC is also on the way but thats little far.Now TEGRA 4 has 72 GPU Cores and Quadcore A15 thats nice & meaty enough to play REAL RACING 3 level game in 720P Stereo.wHich is enough for DEVKIT you already hold i think that is technically 640X800 per eye.

Or Go and Purchase NVIDIA SHIELD.Sure some one will come out game for RIFT soon as its OPEN ENOUGH to be ANDROID DEVICE it has a CONTROLLER and it has HDMI & USB out TOO. so most requirements of rift fullfilled here.it has built in quality controller which is handy when you can't see out of your rift while playing!!

Return to “Oculus VR”