Z800 64bit 3D Enabler tool for Window Vista / Seven

Gnap
One Eyed Hopeful

Z800 64bit 3D Enabler tool for Window Vista / Seven

Post by Gnap »

Hi,

I was searching for a working tool to enable 3D mode for my Z800 HMD under Win7 64 but nothing worked (Labtool don't work in 64bit)
So, I decided to write my own, and share it!

Tool created with :
eMagin SDK 2.2 and Windows Driver Kit

Test configuration :
Windows Vista 32bit + IZ3D Driver 1.10RC
Windows Seven 64bit + IZ3D Driver 1.10RC

Have fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
genetic
Cross Eyed!

Re: Z800 64bit 3D Enabler tool for Window Vista / Seven

Post by genetic »

Sounds great. If I ever get around to getting a new computer I will give it a try. Thank you.

On that,

I saw this today

https://e-store.emagin.com/miva/merchan ... gory_Code=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

6.40 firmware

Can anyone say once and for all if the new firmware is needed to avoid the 60fps problem?

Half the posts on this forum say yes and the other half say no.

Can anyone say " I have firmware ........ and I am sure that S-3D works even below 60 fps"
vrekks
Cross Eyed!

Post by vrekks »

Gnap you are a god. I have been looking for a soloution to this problem for some time now. I am going to give this a try tomorrow so I can use the iz3d drivers on Win Vista Premium 64 bit. If it works for me I'm going to donate some money to you over paypall or something.
Last edited by vrekks on Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Who has ever torn himself from the claw that encloses you when you drop a seed in a TV parlor? It grows you any shape it wishes! It is an environment as real as the world. It becomes and is the truth. Books can be beaten down with reason. But with all my knowledge and scepticism, I have never been able to argue with a one-hundred-piece symphony orchestra, full colour, three dimensions, and I being in and part of those incredible parlors."
Gnap
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Gnap »

Thank you very much,
but as you certainly know, Gods doesn't need money :wink:
If you realy want to give some money, give it to a charity organization instead.

Gn@p
hassovr
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by hassovr »

hi genetic,
i received my new firmware and it was the 6.40-version. i installed it and everything worked, but it was still flickering (gta4).
the new firnware does everything like the former one (6.3e). SYNCPROBLEM IS NOT SOLVED.
the only new feature is, that for to switch the z800 in 3d-mode, you can push button 3 on the controller box. labtool must not be started.
there is a little hope on this blue-line-coding thing.
look in the FAQ thread in the iz3d-forum, there i talk with blackQ about this.

hassovr
vrekks
Cross Eyed!

Post by vrekks »

I can tell you this genetic: I have the old firmware and I can NOT get the 3d test image to work using the iz3d driver. I'm going to order the new firmware and pray that it solves the problem. Ill let you know what the outcome is.

Gnap: Do you have the new firmware? Is there -03 written on the bottom of the box the vga cable plugs into?
"Who has ever torn himself from the claw that encloses you when you drop a seed in a TV parlor? It grows you any shape it wishes! It is an environment as real as the world. It becomes and is the truth. Books can be beaten down with reason. But with all my knowledge and scepticism, I have never been able to argue with a one-hundred-piece symphony orchestra, full colour, three dimensions, and I being in and part of those incredible parlors."
Gnap
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Gnap »

Hi vrekks,
My firmware version is 6.3E and I use Simple Shutter mode in IZ3D driver.

Hope it helps.
DarcSchnider
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DarcSchnider »

I downloaded all the stuff mentioned here however how did you get the emax driver in vista64 mine still shows up in device manager as not loaded. Or does that even matter?
Gnap
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Gnap »

The emax device is for headtracking (i think). Unfortunately, there is no 64bit driver. But the 3D works well without as the tool directly communicate with the Z800.

Gn@p
DarcSchnider
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DarcSchnider »

Gnap wrote:The emax device is for headtracking (i think). Unfortunately, there is no 64bit driver. But the 3D works well without as the tool directly communicate with the Z800.
Gn@p
Ah, that just means then I am not getting display to the hud. well at least I know Im not barking up the wrong tree. How to you reset the eprom so windows detects the new display?
Gnap
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Gnap »

On my computer, windows has detected a "generic display" just by plugging the usb cable.
Tell me if it works, I it doesn't I can try to add a "Reset EEPROM" functionality in the tool.

Gn@p
DarcSchnider
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DarcSchnider »

which tool is that? Laptool will not work with vista64 or at least not for me. the only things I have install is the iz3d driver 1.10rc and the enable 3d app form this thread.
Gnap
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Gnap »

Sorry, I was talking about the "enable 3d app" of this thread.
DarcSchnider
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DarcSchnider »

Gnap wrote:Sorry, I was talking about the "enable 3d app" of this thread.
Thanks got it all working :) now just need to figure out the flipping that keeps happening.
leachy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by leachy »

You are an absolute legend. I was just looking for just such an application. And it works like a charm in vista64, no drivers needed! Thank you
Last edited by leachy on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

Nice work!
Im maybe going to buy these glasses for Arma2
Can you read values of the headtracking with the SDK?
If yes, would it be possible to maybe emulate trackir or joystick POV or something so that we can get ARMA2 support in x64 systems?
leachy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by leachy »

CyberVillain:
Can you read values of the headtracking with the SDK?
I believe the SDK provides programmers with this functionality and I have used a couple of very good programs that used the SDK in creation - checkout FSX800 3axis headtracking for FSX
If yes, would it be possible to maybe emulate trackir or joystick POV or something so that we can get ARMA2 support in x64 systems?
Again I believe this WOULD be possible, just need someone to write such an application. Also the head tracker doesnt currently have drivers for 64bit windows flavors, so they would also need to be created.

I also have a further idea about the Left Right Eye Syncing issues. I see nvidia have recently released another shutter glasses model, fully wireless. It uses a usb dongle to transmit the L/R signal to the glasses. Now the emagin Z800 used to use the DDC pin on the vga cable for the same function (to signal L or R eye). Could an adapter be made up that steels the USB dongles eyeswitching information and sends it up the emagin DDC pin???? If the timing of these 2 signals is similar I recon I could write a bit of microcontroller code to do any conversions. Anyone got any ideas or specs on these signals?
This would make the Z800 3D compatable with anything the shutterglasses would have worked on (except the screen resolution limitation of course).
freencky
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by freencky »

Thank you it seems interesting!
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

Unfortunately, it seems there is STILL no 64 bit tracker driver for the Z800. I'd love to know exactly why its so hard to port a driver from 32 to 64 bit. I guess the way 64 locks down unauthorised drivers without test mode would be a big disincentive since it would cost them money. If they would at least release the source however, it would allow others to reimplement it.

Currently its very much looking like I need to install Windows 7 32bit, to be able to use what I need, without needing to write my own drivers, etc. I don't like having to run in test mode either to do stuff like PPJoyJoy, that I can do with no hassle in 32 bit.
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

My job has a 64 bit driver, let me see if I can get ahold of a copy this week.
arti
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by arti »

PalmerTech wrote:My job has a 64 bit driver, let me see if I can get ahold of a copy this week.
Hello Palmer, I know this post is over a year, but I took time looking for a 64bit driver for the Z800 tracker and saw you mentioned that you had one driver in your work, could you post it please?

Thank you very much and good luck with your Oculus project.

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”