Razer hydra laser show

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
Drwho
One Eyed Hopeful

Razer hydra laser show

Post by Drwho »

Hey i'm working on a project of a laser show controlled by the razer hydra but i'm unsure as to how to tell servos on an arduino what to do corresponding to the hydras X and Y axis. I am a programmer but i've never used a dll before.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Razer hydra laser show

Post by cybereality »

Here is some example C++ code to interface with the Hydra. Of course you need to download the Sixense SDK and link with that.

You'll also have to remove the references to OGRE and replace with whatever you are using for 3D vectors/orientations.

Hope that helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Drwho
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Drwho »

cybereality wrote:Here is some example C++ code to interface with the Hydra. Of course you need to download the Sixense SDK and link with that.

You'll also have to remove the references to OGRE and replace with whatever you are using for 3D vectors/orientations.

Hope that helps.
Thanks a lot ill see what i can do with this. Sadly hours of googling hadn't helped so this was a last ditch effort. :D
zalo
Certif-Eyed!

Post by zalo »

If you want, you can use unity in between because there is "off the shelf" hydra code on the asset store and dead simple serial libraries already in Unity. Plus it lets you visualize the hydra input.

Communicating back and forth between unity and an arduino is easy as pie, even without uniduino (an asset store plugin designed to make all of this easier).

You might need pro to use the hydras though...
Drwho
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Drwho »

zalo wrote:If you want, you can use unity in between because there is "off the shelf" hydra code on the asset store and dead simple serial libraries already in Unity. Plus it lets you visualize the hydra input.

Communicating back and forth between unity and an arduino is easy as pie, even without uniduino (an asset store plugin designed to make all of this easier).

You might need pro to use the hydras though...
Thanks for the tip and in terms of the hydra plugin theres a hack to make it work with free.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”