I must say great job by Cyberith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BqmjweLol0
remosito
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Cyberith at Gamescon VIDEO

Post by remosito »

whelanweb wrote:I must say great job by Cyberith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BqmjweLol0
definitely looking forward to checking them out on friday! :-)

friction still seems very high and strapping in to cumbersome. I ain't gonna get out of my flight chair,
hop onto the virtualizer and strap me in like this everytime I land on a planet or spacestation or
walk around my spaceship in Star Citizen. Something I could have totally seen myself doing with
the omni. Actually something I want to be able to do easily with a ODT I'd want.

But I really like the support structure/legs on it. Might just have to adapt it to my needs I guess.
As they are from Austria shipping cost will be survivable :-)
Starcitizen - Elite:Dangerous - Xing - Gallery: Six Elements - Among the sleep - Theme Park Studio - The Stomping Land - Son of Nor - Obduction - NOWHERE - Kindom Come : Deliverance - Home Sick - prioVR
3dvison
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by 3dvison »

I know I have said this before but here goes...
Formica & Teflon...You put one(Formica) on the walking surface and the other(Teflon) on the soles of the shoes....
Xemakon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Xemakon »

So what did she say about the Omni vs Cyberith?
remosito

Post by remosito »

Xemakon wrote:So what did she say about the Omni vs Cyberith?
something along the lines of:

omni has a curved surface, while this one has a flat one. And that she imagines a flat one being a lot more naturally/easy to walk on than the curved one. She imagines curved one to feel/be like constantly walking a bit uphill....
Starcitizen - Elite:Dangerous - Xing - Gallery: Six Elements - Among the sleep - Theme Park Studio - The Stomping Land - Son of Nor - Obduction - NOWHERE - Kindom Come : Deliverance - Home Sick - prioVR
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I didn't understand a thing, but the device looks cool.
remosito

Post by remosito »

3dvison wrote:I know I have said this before but here goes...
Formica & Teflon...You put one(Formica) on the walking surface and the other(Teflon) on the soles of the shoes....
what's the advantage compared to teflon on shoes and surface?

teflon-teflon to little friction? that combo is likened to ice. jumping on ice not so safe I guess....
yomer
Cross Eyed!

Post by yomer »

We need an opinion from someone who has tried both.
mr.uu

Post by mr.uu »

She definately does not know the Omni, talks about comparing but "...imagining walking on barrel-rolls upwards in the Omni...", etc.
Her opinion is not worth the viewing time...

Imho both are cool concepts and very similar.

yomer +1
Lookforyourhands

Post by Lookforyourhands »

GO Cyberith !! That's really awesome. N yeah, no idea what she's saying but she's hot.. ;)
brantlew
Petrif-Eyed

Post by brantlew »

She's also tiny, so that bodes well for the adaptability of the design.
RoTaToR
Cross Eyed!

Post by RoTaToR »

mr.uu wrote:She definately does not know the Omni, talks about comparing but "...imagining walking on barrel-rolls upwards in the Omni...", etc.
Her opinion is not worth the viewing time...
Thats it!

For the english guys: 98% shes talkin about the "new" Oculus Rift. Nothing new!

But the Cyberith looks interesting! Its a shame that in my room is only free space for one device.
hast
Cross Eyed!

Post by hast »

remosito wrote:...I ain't gonna get out of my flight chair,
hop onto the virtualizer and strap me in like this everytime I land on a planet or spacestation or
walk around my spaceship in Star Citizen. ...
Didn't the Cyberith guys demonstrate using the harness for sitting? So you could be in this thing and sit down and then stand up to move around. I imagine that you could put a joystick and stuff on the circular platform since it turns with you.

It would probably not be the best experience in the world, but it could be interesting. (At least for something that has a more balanced amount of walking/sitting. I imagine if you spend most of your time sitting (like in a space sim) you might want to sit in a better chair. But for something like Battlefield/Titan fall I imagine this could be really cool.
remosito

Post by remosito »

hast wrote:
remosito wrote:...I ain't gonna get out of my flight chair,
walk around my spaceship in Star Citizen. ...
Didn't the Cyberith guys demonstrate using the harness for sitting? So you could be in this thing and sit down and then stand up to move around. I imagine that you could put a joystick and stuff on the circular platform since it turns with you.

It would probably not be the best experience in the world, but it could be interesting. (At least for something that has a more balanced amount of walking/sitting. I imagine if you spend most of your time sitting (like in a space sim) you might want to sit in a better chair. But for something like Battlefield/Titan fall I imagine this could be really cool.
Yeah, definitely building my own simpit. Already have a bolt to the floor movie theater seat that I will use for that.

So for me your idea is not really the solution. As for sitting in the virtualizer. assuming low friction turning and enough off the floor it could make a heck of a turret pit though with a track gun :-)

Return to “Oculus VR”