LeapMotion

Discussion of tools and products that add VR physicality. Samples include VR treadmills, special hand controllers, gesture technology and more.
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

LeapMotion

Post by WiredEarp »

Whose received their LeapMotion now?

I'm just playing with mine ATM. Have to say, i'm not mega impressed. I don't really see it being that useable for VR, and even using it on a screen I find it seems pretty inaccurate ;(

For example, just pushing my finger forwards and backwards (no translation up/down/left/right) to select tiles in one of the games, the cursor moves up to a couple of inches in those other directions. However, this is probably because it switched itself into 'robust' mode as it claimed my room lights were too bright. Dimming the lights makes it more accurate (still not as good as I hoped) but that doesn't seem a long term solution. I guess its going to have difficulties normally though, since I have a downlight directly above my desk.

I'll have a better play this weekend hopefully.
Apotheosis
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: LeapMotion

Post by Apotheosis »

Yeah I got mine this week too and haven't been overly impressed. Other than the tiny form factor, there isn't a lot going for it. It loses tracking a lot, gets a bit jerky at times and most of the content I've seen in the airspace store is junky. I tried the rift leap demo and that was cool, I'm hoping it's just early days and better code will emerge.

Return to “Physical VR Tools”