Anybody have good DIRT2 settings on the new driver?

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Mattijs
Cross Eyed!

Anybody have good DIRT2 settings on the new driver?

Post by Mattijs »

Managed to get the new driver working without four eyes. that's good.
I've used the FOV changer tool for dirt 3 which should work for dirt 2 as well (50/50 changes made it says).
I actually didn't notice the difference but that might be because my brain was so tired getting the vireio driver to work (took 4-5 hours of randomly moving dll's around...which i know...makes me look like a newb hehe...still after having found what works for DIRT2 just doesn't for dirt3 so there IS something mysterious going on)
The old vireio also works now on only dirt2 but gives fout eyes instead of proper stereo once i insert an tried and tested xml entry.

Does anybody have good settings for the new driver's profile?

The cockpit is HUGE now and you're completely seated with your nose on the steering wheel. Very nauseating pitch yaw and roll transformations.

Could anybody with good succes on either driver post a screen shot maybe to show me what to expect?

Is it possible to really get dirt to a stage where it looks as good as the demos and you feel like the world, the steering wheel and the cockpit are 'there' or am i just stuck with too high a hopes?
museumsteve
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Anybody have good DIRT2 settings on the new driver?

Post by museumsteve »

You're doing well trying this all out mate, it doesn't go un-noticed ;)

On DiRT 3 not working, did you force DX9 in "my documents/my games/dirt3/hardwaresetting.xml" There's a Force DX9 option which you need to enable
Mattijs
Cross Eyed!

Post by Mattijs »

yes yes...i've forced it.
Either have the double hook thing with four eyes on dirt 3 or nothing.

Same with old vireio on dirt 2. Four eyes or nothing.

The new one i can get working on dirt2 but it seems there are too little variables to play around with to actually get it to work right.
mr.uu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by mr.uu »

Try without perception exe running.
Only the dll in the dir of the exe should give the injection.
Mattijs
Cross Eyed!

Post by Mattijs »

mr.uu wrote:Try without perception exe running.
Only the dll in the dir of the exe should give the injection.
Thanks!!! That did the trick!!!

Turns out my FOV change didn't work in dirt 2...that's why i was stuck with a too big cockpit.
In dirt3 the fov changer does work and i'm a happy camper! Trying all different combinations....Differences are subtle so it's hard to sometimes tell if a parameter even has any
outcome like the world scale factor....It might do something, and i had the feeling it did...but i can't put my finger on it.
Could it be that it is just a scaling factor that when right makes a correct IPD a correct ipd in the game world???

I'm still looking for the best setting on the new driver but i got it (sometimes, in between times when you screw it up again and are worse off and start trying combo's)
very playable. I am pleasantly surprised to find that imo the resolution actually isn't that bad...I'm actually driving really well with the rift

Return to “Development / General Discussion”