WAR THUNDER : tracking not working in official support. vrsn

Mattijs
Cross Eyed!

WAR THUNDER : tracking not working in official support. vrsn

Post by Mattijs »

I've never used war thunder before the official rift supported release.

I've managed to get it working on my pc at work (some colleagues wanted to see a demo)

but on my good fast home computer i get RIFT mode BUT without any head tracking.

I've managed to get tracking back with opentrack but i never used that before and also don't have a hydra.

The setup guide tells something about removing the opentrack folder (which is on my pc for other purposes).

It isn't in the war thunder folder though and seeing i've never tried the previous rift unofficially supported version with iz3d etc... they should be unrelated yeah?

Anybody else had this?

I wouldn't really care if it weren't for the fact that the camera with opentrack is too close to the dash vs the rift where you could see inside the neck of the pilot.

I've seen some dials in opentrack to change the 3 other DOFS (it's a 6 DOF trackIR hijack right)...can i change the camera's position that way to be more at the back of the cockpit?

If i can, the rift tracking not working would just be annoying because of the alt-tabbing out of war thunder and unplugging the usb to get opentrack working.

If i can't...i would really like to get the official support fully working.

Thanks yall
museumsteve
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: WAR THUNDER : tracking not working in official support.

Post by museumsteve »

You need to remove the Opentrack folder on your PC. I think what happens is War Thunder sees the Opentrack folder and dll and it overrides the official tracking. There's probably a more technical reason but I think that's the basis for why it doesn't work :)
This is also why it works on another PC (which probably doesnt have Opentrack on anyway)

Return to “Oculus VR”