Another B**l*cks article

zacherynuk
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Another B**l*cks article

Post by zacherynuk »

.. deliberate press announcement / PR attempting to cash in this time on the OR name in search engines no doubt

http://www.news10.net/entertainment/gam ... experience

Check out the "Strong Competition" http://cinemizer.zeiss.com/cinemizer-ol ... #Technical Details

Whopping 870x500 resolution per eye.
HUGE 30 degree FOV
Direlight

Re: Another B**l*cks article

Post by Direlight »

I've seen this thing before, this sums it up.
It's price point begins at $799 and goes up from there should the user want head tracking, a light shield, and/or 3D. Gamers will probably want at least two of those.
Pay extra for what should be basic features? assuming they're competitive.
Nedo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Nedo »

Carl Zeiss has come out with its own immersive video headset, beating the Oculus VR to the market by months.

they beat Oculus... but nothing happened... silence :lol:
CaptnYesterday
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by CaptnYesterday »

Maybe just me, but isn't this 'Apples to Oranges'? I see the appeal of this product for sure. Really neat tech, just not for the same reasons as the rift. FOV for one, dedicated software development, the list is endless... this is a mobile TV.

Likely enough that the attention the rift is getting makes timing for this product optimal, but these products are just as similar as they are different. In the end, any attention that HMDs get will only make the best of them look better, raise popularity and adoption of a revolutionary new level of immersion. Adoption of something truly new is tough and although we are already in the fold, we have a world out there get pull onboard. :mrgreen:
Testing with: ATI 7970, 8GB 1600 ram, Core i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Java 7 x64. For science... you monster.
Omarzuqo
Cross Eyed!

Post by Omarzuqo »

zacherynuk wrote: Whopping 870x500 resolution per eye.
HUGE 30 degree FOV

Oh, and no headtracking.
You can also Greenlight other Rift games.
Ryuuken24
Cross Eyed!

Post by Ryuuken24 »

This is why we can't have nice things! People get conned into buying a product that isn't close to what is being advertised, and when the real deal comes out, they feel unsure about the products credibility.
But we have google, people can just pick up a review on it, it's not that great, it's no Sony hmd. Cheers!
AngelJ
Cross Eyed!

Post by AngelJ »

Before the Rift we used to lust for products like this in these forums. :\
Evenios

Post by Evenios »

someone tried that thing out and said it really was crap. that they got a much better experence out of the Oculus Rift. I think that thing is overly pricey as well.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I've tried it. It's not a bad product.

But clearly the Cinemizer is in a different class than the Rift. It's not a fully immersive VR peripheral.

However, the picture quality is nice, the optics are good, compatibility great. It does have uses. Just not for VR.
BloodShed
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by BloodShed »

News 10 wrote:There has been a fair amount of press about Oculus VR, the virtual reality headset being manufactured by Oculus Rift
This was clearly a well researched news article.
KBK
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by KBK »

cybereality wrote:I've tried it. It's not a bad product.

But clearly the Cinemizer is in a different class than the Rift. It's not a fully immersive VR peripheral.

However, the picture quality is nice, the optics are good, compatibility great. It does have uses. Just not for VR.

So that's were you are, cyber. Posting over here.

(probably safer anyway. You'd get mobbed 'over there'.) :P
Intelligence... is not inherent - it is a point in understanding. Q: When does a fire become self sustaining?
mattyeatsmatts

Post by mattyeatsmatts »

I bet the next gen of Ziess HMD's will function very much like the rifts as there is no point of them continuing with their current methods
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

BloodShed wrote:
News 10 wrote:There has been a fair amount of press about Oculus VR, the virtual reality headset being manufactured by Oculus Rift
This was clearly a well researched news article.
[FIXED]
News 10 wrote:There has been a fair amount of press about Palmer Luckey , the virtual reality headset being manufactured by Oculus Rift
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

I bet the next gen of Ziess HMD's will function very much like the rifts as there is no point of them continuing with their current methods
I think it will depend on how much they make off the current design. They might not easily be able to scale it to a high FOV system, and if it sells well, then they might decide they are better off targeting the video glasses market.

Return to “Oculus VR”