Half-Life 2 @ 75% off on steam

mattyeatsmatts
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Half-Life 2 @ 75% off on steam

Post by mattyeatsmatts »

seeing as this is probably the best VR gaming experience going round and as someone whom almost bought this last week, I am very happy I didn't.
75% off
http://store.steampowered.com/app/220/?jul13
Bleppe
Cross Eyed!

Re: Half-Life 2 @ 75% off on steam

Post by Bleppe »

mattyeatsmatts wrote:seeing as this is probably the best VR gaming experience going round and as someone whom almost bought this last week, I am very happy I didn't.
75% off
http://store.steampowered.com/app/220/?jul13
Great find! Thanks! :D
I almost bought it last week myself. Now I bought Half-life 2, EP 1 and EP 2 for less than just HF 2 :D
przecinek
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by przecinek »

Well I already bought about a week ago HL2 :cry: But I still don't have EP1 + EP2 which I'll buy now :D Thanks for the find
NightlHlawk
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by NightlHlawk »

Nice gift for my SO. Maybe this will get her into FPS games. haha Thanks!
2EyeGuy
Certif-Eyable!

Post by 2EyeGuy »

Unfortunately, I used my voucher last week to buy Orange Box, since every game in it had received Oculus Rift support from Valve. (I bought Doom 3 BFG for $19 from EB-Games instead of from Steam, because steam was more expensive than the voucher).

For the next 24 hours, you can buy Half-Life 2 for $2.50, ep1 for $2, and ep2 for $2 ($6.50 total). Or for an extra $3.50 ($10) you can buy Half-Life complete, and also get Team Fortress Classic, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Half-Life, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Half-Life: Source, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, and Half-Life 2: Lost Coast.

What you don't get, is Portal 1. Which had partial Rift support briefly before it was disabled again. That costs an extra $10. So Half-Life complete + Portal is the same price now as Orange Box, but includes more.
Omarzuqo
Cross Eyed!

Post by Omarzuqo »

I was about to buy it yesterday!

Thankfully I didn't.
You can also Greenlight other Rift games.
iarehuuman
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by iarehuuman »

A little tip-
I emailed the creator of the Half Life 2 Cinematic Mod and received the following response:
CM 2013 (alpha version soon) will have enabled Oculus rift support.
The alpha version has been released today.

Their website (without Rift support yet): http://cinematicmod.com/
The forums post of the alpha (with Rift support): http://cinematicmod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2376
A comparison of vanilla and Cinematic Mod 11:

http://cinematicmod.com/images/cm_11/co ... _11_43.jpg
garagebattle
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by garagebattle »

iarehuman can you rehost those alpha files if you have them downloaded.

No idea why the guy used the method he did to upload them fml.
iarehuuman
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by iarehuuman »

garagebattle wrote:iarehuman can you rehost those alpha files if you have them downloaded.

No idea why the guy used the method he did to upload them fml.
If nobody has mirrored the files by later tonight I'll purchase a 48 hour membership to the site and host a torrent, but a word of warning: I only have 100 KB/s upload. May actually just upload to billionuploads.com just so you guys can download it quicker.

Edit: The website doesn't support PayPal and the reseller I tried was out of stock, so I won't be able to. Lets just hope somebody eventually mirrors it.
Last edited by iarehuuman on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
przecinek
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by przecinek »

Yeah as soon as I saw a post on Cinematic Mod forum saying that they are working with new SDK in order to fix some bugs, I instantly thought they might add VR support. I'm still not sure how hi res 2048 x 1536 textures will look on a 640 x 480 screen...
mattyeatsmatts
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by mattyeatsmatts »

Quick question does Half-life 2 episode 1, 2, Deathmatch and Lost Coast have the -vr supported? or is it only Half-life 2 and Team Fortress 2?
mrgrey
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mrgrey »

mattyeatsmatts wrote:Quick question does Half-life 2 episode 1, 2, Deathmatch and Lost Coast have the -vr supported? or is it only Half-life 2 and Team Fortress 2?
When I bought HL2 a few days ago it also gave me Lost Coast. Although I don't have my rift yet I tried adding the -vr command in both and it came back saying the hillcrest tracker couldn't be initialized so I'm fairly sure Lost Coast is supported. Don't have the other titles so can't comment on those
iarehuuman
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by iarehuuman »

HL2 Cinematic Mod 2013 Alpha has been updated with 3 mirrors, so those whom couldn't stand the original download site can get it now :D

Return to “Oculus VR”