Getting skyrim to work with the rift, help needed

zeddius
One Eyed Hopeful

Getting skyrim to work with the rift, help needed

Post by zeddius »

I was so looking forward to test Skyrim with the rift but cant seem to get it to work.

Was hoping anyone who has gotten it to work can help by writing a step by step guide.

I have tried downloading the perception beta drivers, but cant find any instructions how to use it or where to put the files. If i try ans start the perception.exe file i just get a CRT not initialized error message.
Valez
Cross Eyed!

Re: Getting skyrim to work with the rift, help needed

Post by Valez »

zeddius
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zeddius »

Thanks, will read through those threads, but i still am struggelig to find install info about the drivers.

What i cant figure out is. Can i run the perception.exe from the bin folder from any location. SHould i put any or all of teh files into the skyrim folder, if so where? The read me file only states that you need to turn of the shadows.

When i try an start the perception.exe file in teh bin folder i get an error msg R6030 CRT not initialized. Si this due to wrong placement of files or some other problems?
Valez
Cross Eyed!

Post by Valez »

Some other. The placement of the files should not matter.
All relevant information should be in the readme or wiki.

Make sure to use the version from vire.io, the version on the other website is very old.
zeddius
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zeddius »

Obviously the error was something to do with c++ but could t find a fix. Reinstalled windows and now it works.....
gravity360
Cross Eyed!

Post by gravity360 »

zeddius wrote:Obviously the error was something to do with c++ but could t find a fix. Reinstalled windows and now it works.....

Sounded like you just needed to reinstall the .Net 2010 redist. But glad you got it fixed.

Return to “Oculus VR”