Half Life 2 RIFT question. Aiming and walking

mayaman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Half Life 2 RIFT question. Aiming and walking

Post by mayaman »

I'm currently using the Novint Falcon with Half Life 2 for aiming and I love it. But I'm using the keyboard for walking and it sucks. I also have a Razer Hydra, and wanted to know if I could configure the left nunchuck as a replacement for WASD. So far I haven't figured out how to use the Razer Hydra at all, no game will recognize it. I just want to use the left nunchuck as a WASD replacement.

thanks
mscoder610
Cross Eyed!

Re: Half Life 2 RIFT question. Aiming and walking

Post by mscoder610 »

Did you try my instructions from this post?
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.p ... 29#p136286

HL2 (and most games) don't natively support the Hydra. MotionCreator lets you map Hydra actions to mouse and keyboard actions.

The MotionCreator software isn't the easiest thing to work with, but the profile file I posted should be a decent starting point. Once you get it into MotionCreator, right click, Edit, and explore all the various configuration options in it. As an example, here's the part of the profile that says that the Left hydra controller joystick will be used to map to keyboard W-A-S-D movement:
http://i.imgur.com/JpQEVFa.jpg
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, you should be able to do that. Provided it doesn't conflict with the Falcon support (or the Rift support for that matter).

Did you install the Sixense drivers?

Another option is to get a PS Move Navigator and use MotionInJoy to emulate the WASD keys.
mayaman

Post by mayaman »

Cyber, I have a move nav controller can you help me set it up. Can it be wired?

thanks to all, this is very helpful.

I have motionjoy and can never make it work. Seems everything I try on PC is always like pulling teeth. I don't understand why all these interfaces have to be so complicated.

thanks again
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

It may work wired, but I have only used it with a bluetooth dongle.

I don't recall the exact steps I needed to take with MotionInJoy, it is a little confusing how it works.
przecinek
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by przecinek »

GlovePie + PPjoy + some scripts should do the trick. But like you said it's far from being hassle free :D
I'm using wiimote (nunchuck) for WSAD movements, and OR tracker for freelook. I'm wondering how well Razor Hydra works when you're not facing the sensor? With wiimote I just use bluetooth + accelometer. Being able to turn everywhere is a must especially considering all the omni threadmills that are bound to pop up over time.

P.S That Falcon Pistol looks really cool, I somehow missed that controller before. Wish they could make it wireless tho I know it's not possible.
Lookforyourhands

Post by Lookforyourhands »

Here's a recent tutorial vid. I uploaded to my channel to get the wiimote and PS nav connected and working with PC.

Skip to 4:23 to get to the part about how to connect the PS Nav. If you have any questions let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvwuMeUM ... g7zrvNTYgw

And just in case you don't know already to use the PS Nav requires certain bluetooth adapters and some
free software called Motioninjoy. Google search for a list of compatible adapters. I'm using Asus BT211.
mayaman

Post by mayaman »

Thanks gentleman!

Return to “Oculus VR”