Garrys mod 13 Rift support and LUA Rollercoasters

topas
Two Eyed Hopeful

Garrys mod 13 Rift support and LUA Rollercoasters

Post by topas »

Garrys mod 13 (beta at the moment) has Rift support integrated. Sadly it has a bug at the moment, it crashes when starting gmod in vr mode. I think this is going to be fixed soon. The startup command is -vr, you also have to use -dxlevel 90 (or higher).

Best thing is that there is a new mod for gmod around, if they get gmod fixed for the rift this is going to be a HELL LOT of fun. Build your own coasters and ride them:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =104508032

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_kYRXzo6vs

(Steampipe password to join the beta is bloxwich)
Stimmits
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Garrys mod 13 Rift support and LUA Rollercoasters

Post by Stimmits »

Wow. Building coasters is suprisingly easy! Now waiting for the Rift support fix. Great work, thanks for the headsup! :D
RoTaToR
Cross Eyed!

Post by RoTaToR »

01:00ff :shock: :lol:
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

If even the NPC vomits in that video, then what about the guy wearing the Rift? And where is the MTBS "vomit" smiley? Image
AllOfTheApples!
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by AllOfTheApples! »

When I first learned of the Rift, I though of 3 things:
- minecraft (CHECK!)
- skyrim (check..?..)
- and Gmod (CHECK!)
I am so unbelievably excited.
Really hoping that it's fully operational by the time I get my kit!
Evenios
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Evenios »

yeah i am sure hopefully theyll fix that bug soon (after all it is a beta) but yeah its pretty amazing that some of the games i wanted support for have it already too! skyrim was a bit choice for me as well as minecraft and gmod (and honestly gmod has a TON of maps you can use with it......so a great option for loading maps and just running around them in 3d....and not having to worry about "action" getting in the way. you could even make your own cool "3d vr scenes" with it.

the only other thing id like to see working sometime soon would be Second Life someone seems to have gotten side by side rendering now but we need prewarping and what. we shall see!

i was most impressed to see minecraft working i figured given the opengl issues apparently with rendering it would take a good while and was worried we'd have to wait for the official support as given the slow nature of them taking forever to come out with the mod api you know.....but so glad someone has made a pretty good working mod already for it! cant wait to try!
BANNED USER
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BANNED USER »

I'm actually a moderator for the Garrys Mod Website, well, not the direct site but Garry Newman's forum Facepunch. I have regular and daily contact with him so if you guys have any questions I could probably get an answer. I've actually been lurking for months and I'm expecting my rift any day now, got the confirmation last Monday. I'll be doing some rift testing in Gmod to help him out and give him direct feedback. I'm also a contributor to a game called Project Cars, it's a racing simulator that's currently in Alpha, and just recently introduced rift support. I'll be posting here more frequently once it comes in and I get to do flips on rollercoasters and in cars. :woot This video has me even more amped up.
mattyeatsmatts

Post by mattyeatsmatts »

Does Garry have a Rift yet?
moomin
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by moomin »

Hi,
I bought Garry's Mode on Steam, opted for beta on steam, found secret word and was able to join development beta for GM, added -vr to run parameters and still no able to run GM in Oculus Mode and I have no clue what I did wrong.
Can anyone advice?

Thanks
museumsteve

Post by museumsteve »

BANNED USER wrote: I'm also a contributor to a game called Project Cars, it's a racing simulator that's currently in Alpha, and just recently introduced rift support.
Would love to see a link showing rift support is in pCARS? Last build I got last week didn't have it :?
BANNED USER
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BANNED USER »

mattyeatsmatts wrote:Does Garry have a Rift yet?
Absolutely, he received it several weeks ago. Funny enough, he can't use it for longer than 5 minutes at a time. But, he has gotten it implemented, and he's using several folks to do the testing for him.
museumsteve wrote:
BANNED USER wrote: I'm also a contributor to a game called Project Cars, it's a racing simulator that's currently in Alpha, and just recently introduced rift support.
Would love to see a link showing rift support is in pCARS? Last build I got last week didn't have it :?

Let me see here.. Here we go!

Build 465 (8/5/13, Manager+)
3rd Party/SDK:
* add OculusRiftSDK 0.2.1

Build 483 (30/5/13, Senior Manager)
Oculus Rift:
* Fixed Oculus Rift VS props so that it displays properly in the Property Manager
* Add IPD (interpupillary distance) setting to low level OculusRift initialisation
* Add OculusRift helper class to GraphicsEngine vcxproj/filters/include
* Add OculusRift SDK 0.2.2
moomin
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by moomin »

Hi guys,
Can anyone explain what to do to run Garry's Mode with Oculus?
Is it possible at all? I think I tried everything and no success still...
topas
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by topas »

moomin wrote:Hi guys,
Can anyone explain what to do to run Garry's Mode with Oculus?
Is it possible at all? I think I tried everything and no success still...
Read my first post. :roll:
Evenios

Post by Evenios »

i hope they fix this soon its been like a week and no updates.....seems to me it shoudnt be that hard now that the Source SDK has Oculus Rift support built in!
usb247
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by usb247 »

That roller coaster looks intense

Return to “Oculus VR”