New Fork: HMD Steroificator

This is for discussion and development of non-commercial open source VR/AR projects (e.g. Kickstarter applicable, etc). Contact MTBS admins at customerservice@mtbs3d.com if you are unsure if your efforts qualify.
Valez
Cross Eyed!

New Fork: HMD Steroificator

Post by Valez »

There is a new fork of Vireiro which renders both eyes in one frame:

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments ... of_vireio/

The result is (at least for me) much, much more comfortable to look at.
Aside from that there is less configuration required.

However, it seems to be a very early alpha and has at least some performance issues.
RescueGamer
Cross Eyed!

Re: New Fork: HMD Steroificator

Post by RescueGamer »

Works pretty well, it has better performance, but I need DIY rift support XD
beatet
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by beatet »

This is AMAZING . I´ve just tried dear esther (which I didn´t notice any 3d and the head tracking was horrible for my experiencies on normal vireio releases) and with this fork It works PERFECT.
I don´t know if it´s a psychological effect but the screen door seems less painful
Nice job!!!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

The reason it's more comfortable is because the left/right views are being rendered simultaneously whereas before the left and right view frames weren't being updated at the same time.

Regards,
Neil
cmfockler
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by cmfockler »

I tried Dear Esther last week, but never did get it working to my satisfaction. I'm pretty sure I got the SHOCT calibration all fudged up, but it just never felt good to me. I'll come back and give this a try later. My system can crush the FPS so I think for me it would be much better to have Vireio render both eyes in the same frame.

But for now, it is the Skyrim, the whole Skyrim, and nothing but Skyrim (and Riftcraft). With the help of Google and the other threads here, I worked through a few hurdles this week. Skyrim is a real hoot in VR.
Lookforyourhands
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Lookforyourhands »

Will test this out with L4D2 later. Really hoping it works well, or we can get our hands on some Vorpx beta software soon !!

Return to “VR/AR Research & Development”