Parity problems with 3D Projector

Share your experiences and learn about big-screen 3D gaming.
spyderms
One Eyed Hopeful

Parity problems with 3D Projector

Post by spyderms »

So here is my setup that I'm having issues with

ViewSonic PJD6531W 3D projector
ViewSonic VP3D1
SainSonicTM 3D Active Rechargeable Shutter Glasses
100" screen
PlayStation 3

I hadn't done anything with 3D in some time, and then I connected everything last night to play some GT5 in 3D, and every 5 or 10 minutes or so, the parity changes, and I have to pause the game, and go into the menu to change the parity. I don't know if it's the glasses or the projector, or even just the PS3. Hoping anyone might have some insight...
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Parity problems with 3D Projector

Post by cybereality »

I would guess that it was the glasses. Assuming the same setup has worked before, it would be strange to be another component.

Do you know if the glasses were fully charged? Maybe get a pair of the official ViewSonic glasses (PGD-250)?
spyderms
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by spyderms »

I'm pretty sure the glasses were fully charged, but I will charge them again to be sure. I have two other pair as well, and will try those to see if the issue exists with them. The Viewsonic glasses have horrible ratings on Amazon... and are three times the price. I'd rather deal with the occasional inconvenience than bother with those...
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Well I use the SainSonic glasses with my projector (the ones that look like this: http://www.amazon.com/SainSonic-SSZ-200 ... gy_e_img_y ) and they seem to work alright. However, I'm using a native HDMI 1.4a projector, so there is less chance of sync issues since it's all in one box.

Return to “3D Projectors”