iZ3D and Dual-Monitor Incompatibility

Sabre2552
Two Eyed Hopeful

iZ3D and Dual-Monitor Incompatibility

Post by Sabre2552 »

I'm using two monitors for attempted dual-monitor S3D with the use of a mirror.

- Activating the drivers causes the secondary screen to be unreachable; the cursor can't penetrate the primary monitor's barriers, although if you had placed a window on the other screen beforehand, it'll stay open there.
- I'm not sure if this is a supported feature or not, but I can't find an option to flip the right-screen's display so I can use a mirror for S3D. The HMD option allows me to cross my eyes and have S3D, but this is very tiring and uncomfortable.
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Re: iZ3D and Dual-Monitor Incompatibility

Post by Welder »

Sabre2552 wrote:I'm using two monitors for attempted dual-monitor S3D with the use of a mirror.

- Activating the drivers causes the secondary screen to be unreachable; the cursor can't penetrate the primary monitor's barriers, although if you had placed a window on the other screen beforehand, it'll stay open there.
This is mouse lock. To turn this off, just go to the 'Input' area of the drivers, and un-tick the mouselock box.
Sabre2552 wrote:- I'm not sure if this is a supported feature or not, but I can't find an option to flip the right-screen's display so I can use a mirror for S3D. The HMD option allows me to cross my eyes and have S3D, but this is very tiring and uncomfortable.
We do not currently support outputting a mirrored image, but it has been said by BlackQ that it would most likely be possible as an extra DLL in the future.
Sabre2552
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sabre2552 »

Ah, thank you! I have the mouse lock turned off now. :D

Ah... That's disappointing... Is it that hard to write a DLL adding this feature? It seems like it'd be pretty simple, just somehow tell the screen to flip when a compatible game is run. I don't know anything about programming, though, so... Oh well, is there any other temporary solution I could use to flip the screen? I have everything else set up; I don't want to let this perfectly fine S3D solution go to waste while waiting. :(
MrHugoHugo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MrHugoHugo »

Hi Sabre2552,

... that depends on what kind of monitors your using. If its two old crts and if you are not too emontional attatched to atleast one of them ...
you could rewire one of them to show its picture mirrored permanently (or if you want you could install a switch while rewiring it, so you can switch back and forth)

On the one hand that will only work with crts and it is kinda dangorus if you dont know what your doing. On the other hand if you want i will send you a description and a youtube link
where it is well described... (but ofcourse it is your own risk)

Cheers Antonius
Sabre2552
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sabre2552 »

No, I'm using LCDs...
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Attach 2 front surface mirrors to a pair of glasses (the second drawing is the simplest method)-

http://mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1386
Sabre2552
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sabre2552 »

Okta wrote:Attach 2 front surface mirrors to a pair of glasses (the second drawing is the simplest method)-

http://mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1386
I tried that, but it's really hard to make stable and get the right distance and angle at the same time. Is there any way someone can recommend attaching the mirrors if this is the last possible method I could use for S3D with my setup...?
maart
One Eyed Hopeful

planar setup

Post by maart »

the best way to do this would be with software, I hope IZ3D would release an update to the dual-head option of their 3D driver to be able to mirror (horizontal flip) the right-eye image. the nvidia drivers call it a planar setup. any chance to see support for this in a upcomming version?
Sabre2552
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: planar setup

Post by Sabre2552 »

maart wrote:the best way to do this would be with software, I hope IZ3D would release an update to the dual-head option of their 3D driver to be able to mirror (horizontal flip) the right-eye image. the nvidia drivers call it a planar setup. any chance to see support for this in a upcomming version?
I've talked with BlackQ since writing this topic, and he says that he has received a lot of requests for planar setups, and is looking into making this an option for the iZ3D drivers. However, currently they need to work out the kinks from their anticipated 1.08 release, so they can't focus on getting the new display modes written for until this happens. Afterwards, though, I think there is a good chance of seeing our beloved planar setups supported. :D
maart
One Eyed Hopeful

PLANAR STEREO MODE

Post by maart »

Any news on when we can expect to have support for dual monitor setups with one screen mirrored (planar setup)? I'm really waiting for this.

thanks in advance
Maart
Okta

Post by Okta »

Hmm, could you get a second mirror to show the reflection of one of the monitors indirectly so its reversed? So in effect the reversed screen could be reflected twice so back to normal?
maart
One Eyed Hopeful

not quite

Post by maart »

no the polarisation of the mirrored lcd monitor would reverse back to normal, wich is the same as the other monitor so no way to split the left from right image. there are hardware solutions but they cost a lot and will limit you to lower resolutions, no widescreen support and there is always a little image quality loss. as I said before software solution would be the most elegant like the nvidia stereo driver's "planar stereo mode". Planar support is announced (as are other modes) but when can we beta test it?

but thaks for trying to solve my problem!

ps
I know I'm nagging but I'm just too exited about this! it's like having to wait for x-mas.
Maart
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

... except, that it shouldn't take as long as x-mas.
Afaik it (planar) will be released with the next driver 1.09 together with SG and a LOT of other stuff. I think they said something like all available or common solutions

maybe some weeks? I think it will be in the MTBS news on the front page when the time has come :wink:
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
Okta

Post by Okta »

This is the one i was thinking of- http://www.crystalcanyons.net/abouts/3d ... nitor.shtm

For this you still need to reverse one monitor but i was thinking you could reflect it twice back to normal so no problem with polarization.
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

And I was thinking of THIS

For that one you need 2 LCD's both polarized at 45° or 135° and one gets mirrored, so the polarization is 'turned' by 90°... and then you just need polarized glasses and can move how you like 8)

The one you posted isn't bad, but it is too little head-movement and your neck will hurt after a long time. And it is also a little bad for normal usage.
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”