Age of Conan supported in 3d by Zalman/Nvidia?

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
Sjonnie
One Eyed Hopeful

Age of Conan supported in 3d by Zalman/Nvidia?

Post by Sjonnie »

Could someone tell me if Age of Conan is supported by the Zalman 3d-monitor (with 8800gt)?

Thanks
LawnDart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by LawnDart »

The game just came out a few days ago. Most likely not working in the current NVIDIA beta driver for the Zalman. Maybe in the next beta release?

You can try it. Who knows. Maybe it'll work?
3Dward
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3Dward »

Age of conan works ... almost works

I get between 35 and 55 fps on a 9800 GTX with every settings maxed and in 3D mode it works perfect in depth (far set convergence) BUT when you try to obtain a pop out effect, surprise :

I don't know if anyone can remember this 80's commercial for underwears where people had special glasses to see through clothes... basicaly this is what your 3D zalman glasses will do in AoC : some characters will seem to walk naked with ghost pants on their sides... or will seem to have forgotten their bras at home :oops: . Not all clothes are rendered at a wrong depth/scale, but maybe 50% are, I tend to think it was designed to cover some body shapes which would otherwise come out through the armor

I'm still playing in stereoscopic mode but with far convergence and keep the 3D pop out effect for areas where monsters are naked anyway, like zombies.

Although Funcom's team as a lot to do to finish adding content to the game, it might help if the MTBS community would pressure them a little to fix 3D and sent them more feedback emails.

Don't give up : ive found a properly rendered set of armor for myself and wouldnt mind playing with people who also know how to dress for 3D :wink:
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Wait, its in 3D and everybody's naked? Thats like a free nude patch. I'm so getting this game!
1wayjonny
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 1wayjonny »

3Dward wrote:Age of conan works ... almost works

I get between 35 and 55 fps on a 9800 GTX with every settings maxed and in 3D mode it works perfect in depth (far set convergence) BUT when you try to obtain a pop out effect, surprise :

I don't know if anyone can remember this 80's commercial for underwears where people had special glasses to see through clothes... basicaly this is what your 3D zalman glasses will do in AoC : some characters will seem to walk naked with ghost pants on their sides... or will seem to have forgotten their bras at home :oops: . Not all clothes are rendered at a wrong depth/scale, but maybe 50% are, I tend to think it was designed to cover some body shapes which would otherwise come out through the armor

I'm still playing in stereoscopic mode but with far convergence and keep the 3D pop out effect for areas where monsters are naked anyway, like zombies.

Although Funcom's team as a lot to do to finish adding content to the game, it might help if the MTBS community would pressure them a little to fix 3D and sent them more feedback emails.

Don't give up : ive found a properly rendered set of armor for myself and wouldnt mind playing with people who also know how to dress for 3D :wink:
I have Vista 64 and TriDef w/ Shutter glasses for my LED 3D DLP Samsung

is there any way to get this in pageflip mode for my glasses??? i been trygint o get conan to work in 3D forever I cant get it with my setup

please give me some hope

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”