1.07 SideBySide (free) LOCKED! After I tested 1.08 :(

LCountach
Two Eyed Hopeful

1.07 SideBySide (free) LOCKED! After I tested 1.08 :(

Post by LCountach »

I foolishly decided to test iZ3D Driver 1.08 to see how it performed in a Flight Sim I am tinkering with. Previously I was using 1.07 in "SideBySide Output (free) Mode. When I installed 1.08 I noticed that option was missing. I then decided to do a full install and see whats new. Instead of "HMD" as the third option there is now ONLY "Dual Projectors" which REQUIRES registration and I am guessing PAYMENT! Having been foiled by the new 1.08 I decided to UnInstall 1.08 and ReInstall 1.07. I then started the Sim again. AAHHH! Now 1.07 is LOCKED! and unusable in the once FREE "HMD"/"SideBySide Mode. Previously it worked just fine and now I see a hand reaching for my wallet! :evil: I am not against paying for good software but "HMD" Mode was declared FREE!!! It was just passable as a playable mode with my jpsVisor which helps me see my two CRTs as one 3D CRT. HOWEVER it is not worth paying for. Shutter Glasses support would be a whole other story though. Good Shutter support IS worth paying for! However that's besides the point! Seriously! This kind of Money Grabbing, Back Stabbing, SABOTAGE is totally uncalled for! Can anyone help me get 1.07 working in "HMD" Mode again. Help from the community would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance! :)
1.07 D3D 8 & 9 Driver
_iZ3d Output (free)
_Anaglyph Output (free)
_SideBySide (free)
_Dual Projection Output

1.08 D3D 8 & 9 Driver
_iZ3d Output (free)
_Anaglyph Output (free)
_Dual Projection Output
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

It's probably a bug and unintentional. I suggest you report this directly to iZ3D to get the quickest reply about this problem. People from iZ3D often read the forum but it might take a day or two before they notice your thread.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

hi!

im not informed about this, but AFAIK the "free" version was sort of a beta/debug version. the final version was intented to be not free, and hmd and dual projector output is the same.. but i think that if you like the software so much then its just a little investment for somebody's hard work.. :) thats my few cents.. :)
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

Just do a clean install of windows. ;-)
I don't know about money grabbing, they iZ3D guys have to make a living somehow. I'm not 100% sure, but my understanding is the same a Sharky put in. It was free for Beta testing, but now it is complete, you pay for it also. I'm also not sure why you feel that HMD mode should be free but the Shutterglass you would pay for since they are just two different solutions, but both as valid as each other. Seems odd.
I agree with their having anaglyph output as free since it is far from an ideal solution, but good so the people can experience S3D cheaply which will grow the community and ultimately benefit all S3D solution manufacturers. Also, NV have free Anaglyph support so no-one would pay for it.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

yeah you should definitely contact them to find out whether this is intentional or not.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
chrisjarram
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by chrisjarram »

Hi,

Not tried looking yet, but where did you download 1.08??

Thanks,
Chris J
chrisjarram
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by chrisjarram »

"Money Grabbing, Back Stabbing, SABOTAGE"...? Steady on! :-o
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

I think they made this pretty clear that 1.07 was a beta and free and then it would be pay up after that.
LCountach
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by LCountach »

android78 wrote:Just do a clean install of windows. ;-)
I don't know about money grabbing, they iZ3D guys have to make a living somehow. I'm not 100% sure, but my understanding is the same a Sharky put in. It was free for Beta testing, but now it is complete, you pay for it also. I'm also not sure why you feel that HMD mode should be free but the Shutterglass you would pay for since they are just two different solutions, but both as valid as each other. Seems odd.
I agree with their having anaglyph output as free since it is far from an ideal solution, but good so the people can experience S3D cheaply which will grow the community and ultimately benefit all S3D solution manufacturers. Also, NV have free Anaglyph support so no-one would pay for it.
Okta wrote:I think they made this pretty clear that 1.07 was a beta and free and then it would be pay up after that.
All valid points except I am not using 1.08, nor am I trying to get 1.08 improvements for free. What I am trying to do is use the "Beta" 1.07.
1.07 is 1.07 and should stay that way Beta or not. 1.08 is 1.08 and if they want payment thats just fine. The key to my complaint is the SABOTAGE. When 1.08 is installed, it installs something the prevents 1.07 from functioning normally again. Thats SABOTAGE! Handing someone something for free and then later taking it away and demanding payment will usually "Rub Someone The Wrong Way". Similar to but not exactingly what Nvidia has done. For years Nvidia offered free 3D drivers for an extensive list of devices, many of which are dependent on said drivers and VERY EXPENSIVE. The only requirement was you purchased hardware based on their GPUs. I was totally sold and a BIG Nvidia fan for years. Now they back stab us all by forcing us to discard our Functional, Expensive, and Sometimes Superior setups and buy a Zalman. Sorry Nvidia but that kind of conduct made loyal fans say things like "WTF! & Go F&$% Yourself Nvidia!" (No offence to Zalman unless they had a hand in the Dastardly Deed) Furthermore that insult is even more painful when it is quite obvious code for our older devices are still present in their currently disabled drivers! Just imagine the HATE STORM Nvidia would have wrought upon themselves if their new drivers disabled the functionality of their older drivers which many of us still depend upon to use our 3D rigs. I simply want to use 1.07 the way it was. "Beta" but still somewhat functional.

Sorry I did not mean to say HMD/Dual Projection mode is less valid then Shutter Glasses Mode across the board. It is that way for me. See HMD mode for me works by using a simple jpsVisor to see 3D with my 2 CRTs. It does provide 3D but is somewhat difficult to setup. The monitors must be aligned at a fairly specific angle. The user "with modifications" must sit no less the 3' away. Without mods it's no less than 4' away. On top of that the image in the jpsVisor is just a little blury. Sitting so far away and and looking at a blury image is destructive to the Emersion Factor. So for me it is not worth paying for and only worthy of a little experimentation. HOWEVER sitting at a normal distance with Shutter Glasses on my 21' CRT @ 1920x1440 kicks in some serious 3D FUN! For me, that is worth paying for!

Unfortunately no one offered a solution other than "reinstalling the OS Ha Ha!". So I ask again does anyone know how to get 1.07 working the way it was?
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

Sorry to say it so flat, but I think even the 1.07 HMD mode was not FREE!
At least it was not intended to be free for ever. I think they build a 30days trial in it. Maybe that has simply expired?

It did for me and I tried to do something similar to your experiment, but crosseyed from some distance. It kind of worked, but it was no real solution for me.

But don't forget, that this mode is THE solution for
- Dualprojectors
- TDVisor
- some other (modded?) HMD's or stuff.

If you find something (a forth party driver?) that mirrors one of the monitors you could run Planar with it, which seems to be very nice, too!

Lets hope for the next driver (1.09) and the next trial :)
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
LCountach
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by LCountach »

LukePC1 wrote:Sorry to say it so flat, but I think even the 1.07 HMD mode was not FREE!
At least it was not intended to be free for ever. I think they build a 30days trial in it. Maybe that has simply expired?

It did for me and I tried to do something similar to your experiment, but crosseyed from some distance. It kind of worked, but it was no real solution for me.

But don't forget, that this mode is THE solution for
- Dualprojectors
- TDVisor
- some other (modded?) HMD's or stuff.

If you find something (a forth party driver?) that mirrors one of the monitors you could run Planar with it, which seems to be very nice, too!

Lets hope for the next driver (1.09) and the next trial :)
Perhaps it was a trial but that certainly is not clearly stated in the install process. To me (free) = FREE and (trial) = TRIAL simple really.
Okta

Post by Okta »

I remember reading that it was 30 days after you tried the hmd setting it would stop so no big deal, if you intend to use this i would be happy to pay for it if you have a decent working solution.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”