What, no shutter+CRT on the horizon?

yomer
Cross Eyed!

What, no shutter+CRT on the horizon?

Post by yomer »

What's up. I'm really happy for the news of the growing business of iZ3D. But, does that mean there will be no shutter+CRT solution on the horizon? Vadim? Neil? Normally, what happens with any major business proposal is the request for exclusivity. I hope iZ3D doesn't fall into the same category NVIDIA fell. I'm just not ready to make the jump to another S3D solution yet.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I hope they are just adding more and more outputs - and maybe some Settings or their Menue...

However it's a pitty we have to wait longer for our outputs. But it seems IZ3D is selling their driver as good as possible, after their monitors have some flaws and problems. I'm not shure, of which part you could make more Money, but at the moment there are a lot of devices without a driver :wink:
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

Arghh, i read the news. Maybe i should reconsider my descision to buy an iZ3D monitor. For me it looks like, that they got a partnership with Saphire, who showed a S3D TFT that looks mostly the same as iZ3D and rumours are spreaded that they will come ou with their own S3D driver. While i could understand that descision if i look out of Iz3Ds eyes, i am affraid to jump on a dead horse by getting one of their TFTs now or in some month an even better one for less money (shipping to germany).
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

VadersApp wrote:Arghh, i read the news. Maybe i should reconsider my descision to buy an iZ3D monitor. For me it looks like, that they got a partnership with Saphire, who showed a S3D TFT that looks mostly the same as iZ3D and rumours are spreaded that they will come ou with their own S3D driver. While i could understand that descision if i look out of Iz3Ds eyes, i am affraid to jump on a dead horse by getting one of their TFTs now or in some month an even better one for less money (shipping to germany).
Do you mean the NUMBERS in this 'rumour'?
or this:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/sapphi ... ,5582.html
about $50k is a a lot (also in €).

I didn't know there were S-3D news in Germany, because I read only the english news which were linked from here. But after some search I found this one for GERMANS.
Summery:
The editor sounds positive about it. It uses 2 inputs and 2 layers of Display. It sounds pretty much like the IZ3D display in the Text.

Maybe IZ3D and Sapphire are joining a Team and bring it out with a new Name and with a cooperative Commercial? People need to know about it. Second is, that it works good (Driver & hardware).
The 'release' of the Monitor might be the time, when DX10 driver AND new IZ3D Glasses or even a new model is out...
ayqz1u0s

VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

Yep, of course the numbers are the same as iZ3Ds, but the twin 3d monitors look the same as iZ3D without their logo ;) And wasnt the first added feature to their driver support for dual dispays?

I canceled my order, and wait for the things that might come: Bigger manufacturer => more commercials => more customers => mass production => lesser costs => falling prices!
If this is true, i hope iZ3D will have great success, because i like their support and communication!
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

Getting a monitor right now, when big news is right around the corner, is pretty much pointless.
What I'm personally more worried is what gpu to get, since I am buying one soon and while those ati 4000-series cards sure do look sweet,
who knows if iz3d is going to be releasing shutter support at all if they team up with Sapphire and start making drivers exclusively for them.
Another thing which could happen is that iz3d becomes a driver only manufacturer and Sapphire buys their monitor patent. If this is the case I bet iz3d would starts selling their driver support (for all outputs, except iz3d).
But that's all speculation, I really hope they make some kind of announcement soon, so people who are looking to buy an iz3d monitor or gpus would know what to do.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

iZ3D has established new business relationships with multiple "large sized" industry players who need the drivers "modified" for their purposes. According to our sources, this deal will change the stereoscopic 3D gaming landscape as we know it.
I don't see anything here indicating a relationship with a single manufacturer. SIGGRAPH starts on August 11th if that helps - maybe we will hear something by then.

Regards,
Neil
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

This is a very interesting development. Probably good news, but we shall see. Lets just hope these "larged-sized" companies are not Nvidia and Zalman!!!!

@VadersApp: There is always news and buzz floating around the industry and 90% never effects the consumer market. I would not base purchasing decisions on speculation and rumors. I mean, any time you buy PC equipment you have to know the kits gonna be obsolete before it even arrives at your door. But if you think like that, then you will never buy anything, since there is always something better coming out.
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

I think like Neil...

If you see SG on the horizon depends on where the horizon is :D

IZ3D said they will implement SG output without anything for sync! That is not very much and we don't have a definite date. Just news, which put the horizon further away, but it's still there...

So what do you want to do, if you get the output, but the GPU is to slow to render as fast as it should output? I doubt it will be of much use for any game which does not run at about 100fps (with 2D mode).

I hope for the interlaced mode, which would run with xforce glasses at least. Interlaced driver might be pretty expencive, because the direct competitor (Zalman) uses it, too...
VR920 should be supported, too (because IZ3D got the API)...

So it depends on what you understand with SG mode ;-)
ayqz1u0s

artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

I'm sorry LukePC1 I can't really understand what you mean by "without anything for sync" and as far as I remember Vadim or someone else from the iz3d team had said that they are going to implement the most used/requested SG mode, which is page-filpped.
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

True, but I think they said also, that it works only if the FPS are = the refresh rate of the screen.

That is, because they can't change the backbuffer of the graphics card. That could only do the GPU driver itself (i.e. NV).

You can say the driver render a, b, a , b... but if it's too slow the result is not good :-(
ayqz1u0s

The_Doctor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by The_Doctor »

I heard tons of horror stories about the Sapphire support and service, the exact opposite of iz3d.
VadersApp wrote:Arghh, i read the news. Maybe i should reconsider my descision to buy an iZ3D monitor. For me it looks like, that they got a partnership with Saphire, who showed a S3D TFT that looks mostly the same as iZ3D and rumours are spreaded that they will come ou with their own S3D driver. While i could understand that descision if i look out of Iz3Ds eyes, i am affraid to jump on a dead horse by getting one of their TFTs now or in some month an even better one for less money (shipping to germany).
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

We were so close to having a page-flipping driver that worked with modern games...and again the large corporation's money and deals has set us back again.

It was a good thing the WorldWideWeb had open source standards or we would only be viewing this web page on the web browser that supported it's code specifically.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

chrisdfw wrote:We were so close to having a page-flipping driver that worked with modern games...and again the large corporation's money and deals has set us back again.

It was a good thing the WorldWideWeb had open source standards or we would only be viewing this web page on the web browser that supported it's code specifically.

Microsoft already tried that and failed! Read the interview with Robert Cailliau. I will hold off on my speculation re: IZ3D and Siggraph... Only time will tell if a privately held company can broker some much needed change in the industry.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
The_Doctor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by The_Doctor »

chrisdfw wrote:We were so close to having a page-flipping driver that worked with modern games...and again the large corporation's money and deals has set us back again.

So no driver at all anymore or what?
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

The_Doctor wrote:

So no driver at all anymore or what?
Nobody said none at all...just that it would be delayed...and hopefully this bad news won't be followed by more bad news of delays or exclusive deals.
Tridens92
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Tridens92 »

Here's an answer I received from BlackQ on iZ3D forum...(Original URL: http://forum.iz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=1 ... ht=shutter )

My question:

BlackQ, thanks for the reply on the timing of the release, but can you comment on whether or not we can anticipate shutter glass support in the driver? Thanks!

Answer from BlackQ:

shutter mode is there - we are thinking about best business model now and trying to clarify some minor issues related with different type of shutters (w/wo SDK, w/wo sync etc etc)
yomer
Cross Eyed!

Post by yomer »

Tridens92 wrote:Here's an answer I received from BlackQ on iZ3D forum...(Original URL: http://forum.iz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=1 ... ht=shutter )

My question:

BlackQ, thanks for the reply on the timing of the release, but can you comment on whether or not we can anticipate shutter glass support in the driver? Thanks!

Answer from BlackQ:

shutter mode is there - we are thinking about best business model now and trying to clarify some minor issues related with different type of shutters (w/wo SDK, w/wo sync etc etc)
Holy crap.. let's hope for a quick release with shutters support!!!
jumbo_spaceman
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by jumbo_spaceman »

Sweet Flopping Ding Dongs, Batman, I never thought I'd see the day. This is good news indeed. :D But now that the possibility of shutter support is actually in sight, the wait is going to get a lot more difficult.
Frettchen
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Frettchen »

Any news here?? When will BlackQ and his guys be ready? If they manage to offer a good shutter-driver (need that for my beamer-rig) I'll buy a flat from them also!

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”