Metro 2033 Rift?

This is for discussion and development of non-commercial open source VR/AR projects (e.g. Kickstarter applicable, etc). Contact MTBS admins at customerservice@mtbs3d.com if you are unsure if your efforts qualify.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Metro 2033 Rift?

Post by CyberVillain »

Anyone working on a Rift version of Metro 2033?

I just completed the game with my modified Sony HMZ and its a really beautiful game in Stereo 3D also with the OLEDs in the Sony the dark post apocalyptic metro really comes to life.

Once you remove the crosshair its completly hudfree (The hud only comes up when needed out of the box) so its perfect for VR that way. Also the game like HL2 never leaves the first person view (Well the intro is not first person).

I'm not good enough at hooking onto DX etc, but its really a game worth trying to get running
Namielus
Certif-Eyable!

Re: Metro 2033 Rift?

Post by Namielus »

When do you expect to get your own Rift?
Riftoholic

My precious 6 month project the Oculus Virtual Lounge:
If you help me in any way I will be forever grateful.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

Namielus wrote:When do you expect to get your own Rift?
Im actually waiting to see how its received, i'm a bit worried about the LCD, the black levels and colors. I'm spoiled with the OLED in my Sony
adoral84
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by adoral84 »

It'd definitely be near the top of my list of FPS titles for full rift support, it was probably the first game since far cry 2 I played that did maps and information in a way that didn't get in the way of immersion. I also played metro with a modded hmz and mouse emulated head tracking, it was intense.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

They have also made a laser sight dot that feels real, really nice substitute to crosshair when firing from the hip. Firing down sights ans scope are f:ed up like in most fps. When will game creators understand that you aim down sights with ONE eye? The other eye is either closed or if you're a pro used for awareness
Dakor

Post by Dakor »

The commercial Product VorpX announced to support it.
German blogger, enthusiast and developer.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

Nice! Hope they will do it correctly with independent weapon / head movement etc
Dakor

Post by Dakor »

CyberVillain wrote:Nice! Hope they will do it correctly with independent weapon / head movement etc
I don't think so, since its an universal Oculus Rift driver for many games, and not a mod, specially for Metro2033..
There already some Mods for Metro, maybe someone from its Mod Community want to implement the independent weapon / head tracking.

VorpX will feature Head-Tracking and Stereo-Ouput for the Rift
German blogger, enthusiast and developer.
ChrisJD
Cross Eyed!

Post by ChrisJD »

Don't have my Rift yet so I have no idea about head tracking, but Metro 2033 works with the latest Vireio release using the Skyrim profile. Just duplicate the the skyrim profile, modify it for metro by changing the game executable and put the d3d9.dll in the Metro game folder. (you also need to be running it in dx9 mode)

I only briefly tested it so I don't know what issues may be present, but shadows and lighting seem fine and the 3d and distortion works.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

Yes it works, even the dll injector works, but the FOV is really to little, you see the weapon and nothing more :D

edit: I tried this http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1192986

It works with Perception tunred off, but when i run metro with Perception im back at low FOV, can I fix it?

Return to “VR/AR Research & Development”