Personal Cloud Gaming like OnLive

This is for discussion and development of non-commercial open source VR/AR projects (e.g. Kickstarter applicable, etc). Contact MTBS admins at customerservice@mtbs3d.com if you are unsure if your efforts qualify.
metronome
Cross Eyed!

Personal Cloud Gaming like OnLive

Post by metronome »

Ok this might be totally the wrong place to mention this but I have been playing with a very interesting open source thingy from http://gaminganywhere.org/

Basically this allows you to stream (like onlive) your games from your gaming rig to any other computer over the net.

I know this isn't a VR application BUT it does mean that you can offload the gfx processing to something far more capable, for example I tried to run HL2 on my Slate 7 which doesn't have a chance in **** of running at anywhere decent speeds... however with this program I can happily stream Skyrim and somewhat play it on my tablet :) (backpack VR Anyone)

Anyway thought I'd throw the idea out there and see what everyone thought.... It actually works so well I could control Skyrim looking at my desktop using the bluetooth keyboard & mouse connected to my tablet (ok wrong way round i know but still) or you can use mouse from tablet and keyboard from desktop together very strange feeling :S
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “VR/AR Research & Development”