DVI - Which type?

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
TeraBit
Two Eyed Hopeful

DVI - Which type?

Post by TeraBit »

Hi,

For the TDVisor, I would want to split the DVI signal out (since I already have a monitor and a projector attached to my two DVI outputs).

To do this I was considering buying a couple of simple DVI-D splitters. Is this a reasonable approach, or will I need the Analogue signal too?

i.e Will I need a dual link DVI-D or DVI-I splitter?

Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to getting hold of a TDVisor, now August has arrived :D
TeraBit
Two Eyed Hopeful

Anyone

Post by TeraBit »

I'm not just holding out for the official word, anyone have a TDVisor and know the DVI type it needs? Of course Ethan is welcome to answer :wink:
stee1hed
Cross Eyed!

Post by stee1hed »

I run the DVI on my Dell M1730 laptop out to a DVI to VGA adapter to a Matrox DualHead2Go Digital edition. The output of the DH2G connects to the TDVisor cable that feeds the black box. The TDVisor cable that connects to the DH2G is pictured here...

They have one flat pin and all the other pins. Don't know if that helps answer your question.
TeraBit
Two Eyed Hopeful

Thanks

Post by TeraBit »

Hi stee1hed,

Judging by the connectors there and the information Here I would say that the TDVisor takes a digital input.

Hence I'll just get a couple of DVI-D Y splitters before I get the Visor.

Thanks for that 8)

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”