Question to those who tried both the HMZ-T1 and T2

Shutter glasses and custom polarized! Talk about them here.
trader342
One Eyed Hopeful

Question to those who tried both the HMZ-T1 and T2

Post by trader342 »

I was one of those who loved the T1 but ended up returning it because I couldn't get it to focus properly and because I couldn't wear it for long without getting the red marks/pressure on my face. I seem to get mixed messages if the T2 fixes these problems. Has it, in your opinion? Is it worth getting if you loved the T1 but couldn't deal with those issues.
trader342
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Question to those who tried both the HMZ-T1 and T2

Post by trader342 »

I got the T2 to see for myself. My answer is, it is probably 75 % better, the big issue is the focus, it's better than T1 but still not perfect.
baggyg
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Question to those who tried both the HMZ-T1 and T2

Post by baggyg »

I must admit I had huge problems getting the HMZ-T1 in the "sweet spot". I think a lot of people give up because of this. In my case it was especially difficult since I had a broken nose 5 years ago meaning my nose is not perfectly straight. However I did have luck going through all of the head mounts (A,B,C) on both support axis until the screen was in focus and not resting on my nose.

I checked out the HMZ-T2 the other day to see if it was worth upgrading and I must admit it was a bit underwhelming. The weight has certainly improved (which will decrease the pressure point intensity) but I still had to go through the same process of getting it right focus wise. So IMO the only real improvement is on weight (and the ability to add your own sound). However best thing is to find a shop that will give you a good demo where you can spend some time to try for yourself.

Return to “3D Glasses”