High resolution lentiular lens for autosterescopic display

This is for discussion and development of non-commercial open source VR/AR projects (e.g. Kickstarter applicable, etc). Contact MTBS admins at customerservice@mtbs3d.com if you are unsure if your efforts qualify.
cadcoke5
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

High resolution lentiular lens for autosterescopic display

Post by cadcoke5 »

I came across this product announcement. It is a very high resolution lenticular lens you can put onto a phone screen to turn it into a auto-stereoscopic screen. I think for us, the main interest is the extreme high resolution. I wonder if this technology can make a good Fresnel type of lens? Regardless of if the Fresnel concept is vaible, this might be useful in a HMD for its auto-stereoscopic abilities.

http://www.gizmag.com/3d-screen-protector-film/26915/

Joe Dunfee
budda
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: High resolution lentiular lens for autosterescopic displ

Post by budda »

Hi,

The EyeFly 3D screen protector should be simplified even further for use with a fixed screen head mounted display.

Since there are only two fixed eye positions to consider in a head mounted display, the whole screen width could then be used for each eye in S3D rather than separating half the screen for each eye using the side-by-side format.

Main lenses of course would still be needed for close-in focusing.

It will be interesting to see how effective the micro-lens screen film really is.

Thanks.

Return to “VR/AR Research & Development”