Confirmed games that do not work, or suck in 3D

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
ohgrant
One Eyed Hopeful

Confirmed games that do not work, or suck in 3D

Post by ohgrant »

I don't know about everyone else, but I think it would be great if we can come up with a list of games that are simply not worth installing if you expect to play in S3D. I nominate, Strangelite's Starship Troopers for the one eye only award. Do you know of any games that should be avoided when I go choose a new game?
Current 2D only list. No disrespect is intended to the game developers and this is not intended as a blacklist. This is just to inform people who are in to S3D what to expect when purchasing a video game.

1)Strangelite's Starship Troopers (unconfirmed)
2)Rainbow six (vegas) (confirmed by Scarab)
3)Stronghold Legends (unconfirmed)
Last edited by ohgrant on Thu May 24, 2007 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Hi Grant!

I think it's great to point out games that need work, and it's imperative that we do it in a positive way. We want game developers to feel positive when they think of MTBS and its members.

If we embarrass them, they may shy away because the negative can outweight the positive. HOWEVER, maybe we can list the games from the point of view of "Great game, and when it is S-3D compatible, I'll play it!"

Open the door to seeking a certification or S-3D workaround patch.

See what you think.

Neil 8)
ohgrant
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ohgrant »

I will try to find a polite way of saying, I was unable to, and have never heard of anyone that could play Strangelite's Starship Troopers in S3D. If a person buys games only to game in 3D, they should avoid this game at this time. I'm not saying it is a bad game; many of my friends loved it when it first came out, but it's not for me if it does not work in 3D. I haven't encountered too many games new or old that just doesn?t work well in 3D or don't work at all. The game developers know the rules; some just choose not to follow them. I agree we should not flame them but it seems to me we can save each other some $$ when we run to Wal-Mart for our fix.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

I see your point. I like the idea of saving money, and we are here to determine what works and what could work better.

I won't censor you or anything - just try to be positive about it.

Neil
ohgrant
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ohgrant »

Neil:just try to be positive about it.
understood. Image
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I couldn't get Rainbow six (vegas) to work in S-3d.

To be positive I can say, that I got two pictures, which are needed for S-3d :wink: , but they just made the 2d picture to appear in/at another plane. As a reason was suggested in the forum.stereovision that this game has no 3D to render or at least doesn't give the information to the driver...
I'm not completly shure about that, but you could try it out :wink:

In Stronghold Legends the same things occour. The great Towers just don't pierce into my eyes...

Luke
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
scarab
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by scarab »

LukePC1 wrote:I couldn't get Rainbow six (vegas) to work in S-3d.
I can confirm that. (But i dont had much time to test it so i dont opened a thread here)
RAZOR3D SHUTTER GLASSES @ NEC Diamond Pro 930SB(19" CRT) @ 6600GT
ohgrant
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ohgrant »

Thanks guy's I will avoid them until I hear they are patched and working in S3D.

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”