"GRID" by Codemasters nVidia & iZ3D drivers h

Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

"GRID" by Codemasters nVidia & iZ3D drivers h

Post by Silversurfer »

I'm unable to get GRID viewable in 3D via the iZ3d Vista drivers on my signiture spec. It just looks as if the iZ3D drivers havent taken effect.

I have had limited success with the nVidia drivers but the experience left a lot to be desired in 3D, surprising as Codemasters older games gave an A1 3D experience with nVidia & SG in XP.

Anyone have success with CRT's & SG's? I so can you help me as I would love to do a review on this HOT NEWracing game!

cheers
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

GRID is a really cool game. I think I'm gonna buy a force-feedback wheel just to play it. But the S-3D quality is questionable. I thought it looked really good in 3d the first time I played. But the more I tried the tweak the more problems I had. I think the cars are in full 3d, no problem. But there is something going on that makes the background (everything expect the cars) look 2D. Its weird because I can see that there is seperation and some convergence in the background, yet minimal 3d effect. This is both with iz3D and NV drivers. Its has something to do with the game. Probably some post-processing or something. It still looks good, but its not 100% stereo 3d.
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

cybereality wrote:GRID is a really cool game. I think I'm gonna buy a force-feedback wheel just to play it. But the S-3D quality is questionable. I thought it looked really good in 3d the first time I played. But the more I tried the tweak the more problems I had. I think the cars are in full 3d, no problem. But there is something going on that makes the background (everything expect the cars) look 2D. Its weird because I can see that there is seperation and some convergence in the background, yet minimal 3d effect. This is both with iz3D and NV drivers. Its has something to do with the game. Probably some post-processing or something. It still looks good, but its not 100% stereo 3d.
So it's not just me then. I was beginning to think I would have to start changinging HW/SW again byt now I will leave it alone until betters drivers etc. Such shame because as you said it's looking cool. CODEMASTERSprevious title Ive tried "Toca Race Driver" works well in 3D in XP with my setup & SG so as you say it might be post processing etc. I also own "Most Wanted" so I try that as well but as that has very high graphiical effects including high speed blur effects etc Im not hopful.

Have you had secuss with other racing games? I've had good results with GTR 2 with nVidia. Here' s hoping new iZ3D drivers fare better with post processing etc. :D

cheers
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

chrisjarram
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by chrisjarram »

I would expect this may be something to do with the convergence settings and the fact they have used rediculous values for the world-co-ordinate system, but don't quote me on that :) DiRT seems to have the same problem, and being CodeMasters also I strongly suspect it is exactly the same graphics engine (perhaps with some additions).
chrisjarram
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by chrisjarram »

chrisjarram wrote:I would expect this may be something to do with the convergence settings and the fact they have used rediculous values for the world-co-ordinate system, but don't quote me on that :) DiRT seems to have the same problem, and being CodeMasters also I strongly suspect it is exactly the same graphics engine (perhaps with some additions).
btw this is the results I've had with NVidia, not iz3d which I havent tried yet.
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

chrisjarram wrote:
chrisjarram wrote:I would expect this may be something to do with the convergence settings and the fact they have used rediculous values for the world-co-ordinate system, but don't quote me on that :) DiRT seems to have the same problem, and being CodeMasters also I strongly suspect it is exactly the same graphics engine (perhaps with some additions).
btw this is the results I've had with NVidia, not iz3d which I havent tried yet.
Please let us know how you go on (iz3d I'm presuming in vista), thanks

LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

So it's not just me then. I was beginning to think I would have to start changinging HW/SW again byt now I will leave it alone until betters drivers etc. Such shame because as you said it's looking cool. CODEMASTERSprevious title Ive tried "Toca Race Driver" works well in 3D in XP with my setup & SG so as you say it might be post processing etc. I also own "Most Wanted" so I try that as well but as that has very high graphiical effects including high speed blur effects etc Im not hopful.

Have you had secuss with other racing games? I've had good results with GTR 2 with nVidia. Here' s hoping new iZ3D drivers fare better with post processing etc. :D

cheers[/quote]

You can turn off (nearly?) all postprocessing and run it with NV driver. I liked it very much in S-3D, but the movies were flat :-(

I know DTM Race Driver 3 (DTM = Deutsche Touren Masters I think). It works realy great in S-3D. Maybe I turned off some eyecandy, but if you do it, it's perfect except shadows (which are very rare there).

Racing games don't need a crosshair, and no such fast reactions, that S-3D could slow you down. It's perfect for S3D, if implemented not too bad ;-)
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

I've been trying the demo in S3D with iz3d driver.
I had very good depth but i had to switch off both motion blur and use low quality shadows.
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

BlackShark wrote:I've been trying the demo in S3D with iz3d driver.
I had very good depth but i had to switch off both motion blur and use low quality shadows.
Please include your software & hardware in your signiture so we can compare & upgrade to your spec. Cheers

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”