Need Screen Caps of Poorly Rendered S-3D Games, PLEASE!

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Need Screen Caps of Poorly Rendered S-3D Games, PLEASE!

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys!

I need a quick favor.

I'm doing a poster session for the MTBS S-3D Programming Guide, and I need screen caps of games that don't look so good. Since I upgraded my GPU, I'm out of luck with the current NVIDIA drivers.

Can you submit screen caps of games that:

1. When you shoot, the bullets don't go where the cross-hair is pointing.
2. Post processing effects that interfere with the image quality.
3. Images where characters seem to be floating off the ground.
4. Images where the screen is in 3D, but some of the parts of it are flat or not rendered in 3D.
5. Bad camera angles where the separation suddenly goes out of whack.
6. The HUD/interface splits when you find adjustments you like.

If you scroll to the bottom of the MTBS gallery, there is a special album for visual anomalies. Hit the "@" at the top of the page to upload your files. I don't need specific games. Make sure you are logged in to MTBS to be able to upload.

Thanks in advance,
Neil
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

The worst i've seen is Serious Sam 2 with the nvidia drivers. There's real 3d but when you're moving around the trees and vegetation is floating around everywhere. Destroys the 3d-feeling more than anything else i've seen. :(
The game works perfectly with the iz3d-drivers though. :D
It's very difficult to show this phenomena with screenshots since you have to be in movement to see it. I should be able to cap a video of it though.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Neil

Post by Neil »

Do what you can.

Maybe you can catch it in mid-frame?

Other games too - it shouldn't be hard to spot problem games.

Regards,
Neil
Neil

Post by Neil »

I just realized that the album was locked - I forgot to click a feature when I created the album, sorry.

Please start uploading your pics ASAP.

Thanks in advance,
Neil

P.S. Some examples of the top of my head include BF2, Oblivion, Far Cry, etc.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I uploaded some. I remember Hellgate London with hughe postprocessing and/or Graphic bugs in S-3D. If I remember right, there is already one in the normal registry (even if it's quite a good one).
I'll try to find a good one in my local folder :wink:
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
CarlKenner
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by CarlKenner »

I think the cutscene for the second level of Hitman 2 has a good example of a big floating rock. Although I don't remember whether that shows up without CAVE-style head-tracked perspective or not.
Maggi
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Maggi »

Hi Neil,

I don't have any screenshots, but you could have a look into 3D Mark 06 and see the post processing glow in the game tests to be inaccurate on the right eye.

Precisely, those glows are not stereo separated, but are on the same position as they are for the left eye.

Cheers,
Maggi
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

Hi Neil,
I can give a few suggestions - Prey - post processing effects (haze, lightning efects) appearing in 2d (without ini editing) and problematic shadows in quake 4 (shadows were all over the place with one of driver versions and with the previous ones they were rendered floating.
Flatout - sun spot appears to be in 2d, hence you see it twice when stereo is on.
Prince of Persia - sands of time - without using the 3d anlyser there is no way to get post processing effects to appear right ot turned off.
Even with effects off there are still problems - like an invisible sword and as much as I remember - water isssues.
Most recent example - ut3 and GOW, which work only with the dragon utility and the screen keeps shacking, which is hard to be described in a screenshot, but that's not the only problem objects keep appearing and disappearing at all time and the lightning effects are also not rendered where they should be.
Bioshock - ut3 engine again - no way of turning on post-processing effects and not getting extra blooming effects not rendered correctly. (and that's with dragon util.)
I personally have not yet seen a game with a 3d crosshair when it comes to shooters and the more the separation, the bigger the difference between place of crosshair(s) and bullethole - ut2004 is a perfect example.
Sorry that i'm only giving tips on problematic games instead of providing shots, but I am currently unable to make any because of hdd space and other hardware restrictions (old hardware - no way of testing gow or ut3 on my machine, but I've seen the problems at a friends house).
Elfihn
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Elfihn »

I can't capture a screenshot at the moment, but on Hitman 2 Demo, I can never get both the HUD and the screen images lined up. If I get the screen images lined up, the character seems to float and the HUD is slightly blurry and cloned. If I get the HUD lined up, the image is horrible.

This is with the iZ3D drivers.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”