Third Batch ST1080 on Ebay

Shutter glasses and custom polarized! Talk about them here.
jebix666
One Eyed Hopeful

Third Batch ST1080 on Ebay

Post by jebix666 »

First off, if I am breaking any rules by posting this here, feel free to delete this thread but I could not find a link to the rules in the FAQ.

RMA'd my ST1080 and have only used it once since I got it back just to make sure it works.

Would like to get the rift but wife wont let me have both so selling this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SiliconMicroDis ... 1181233224

Thanks,
brantlew
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Third Batch ST1080 on Ebay

Post by brantlew »

Haven't you figured out yet that you're supposed to hide your VR equipment from your wife :lol:
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

Not just wives! If you are unmarried, I suggest hiding them from any potential mates until they have an emotional attachment to you. I don't have any formal research, but anecdotal experience suggests that many of my friends experience an inverse and equal relationship between the number of gadgets they have and the number of romantic encounters they have. :lol:
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Selling used items is allowed on the forum.

It only becomes an issue if you are an ebay power seller and constantly spamming links, etc.

Good luck with that.
jebix666
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jebix666 »

cybereality - Thanks! :-)

PalmerTech - If this is Palmer himself I want you to know that I blame you for me even buying this thing! haha Your review on here is actually what got me excited about the ST1080 and while it is cool its not the Rift, Rift looks to be everything I wanted since I first saw Lawnmower Man as a kid(along with all the other VR movies, and if you haven't, watch Arcade, its Horror VR). But to respond to your comment, my wife knows I am a huge nerd(Unix Sys Admin by Prof) but with two kids and a mortgage I have to be very selective in my purchases.

Also if it is you, I sincerely hope you all the best(even while I shake my first with a un-used ST1080) with the Rift if you had done the kickstarter before the ST1080 was announced I would have been one of the first to sign-up for a dev unit.

brantlew - I cant even hide a birthday gift for my wife from her!
Oneironaut
Cross Eyed!

Post by Oneironaut »

It is him.
jebix666
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jebix666 »

Hey,

So it sold and as soon as the funds get released I am going to pre-order.

Can anyone tell me if its still coming with DOOM 3 BFG?

If not, and I buy DOOM 3 BFG will I be able to get it to work or does it require something special? I could probably google it, but I assume the information is likely buried under the interwebs.

Thanks!
Lark
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lark »

Only the kickstarter funders and first 1K of orders through the oculus site will get Doom 3 BFG with it. Keep an eye out for sales, I'll try and remember to post if I see one (I need it too).
jebix666
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jebix666 »

Yeah, sorry for being the dumbass who even asked, I found the info while just looking around.

Cant wait to get it!

Return to “3D Glasses”