3D Gaming at 60HZ NOT working

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

3D Gaming at 60HZ NOT working

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hi, I usea DLP Projector and am limited to a Rez of 1152.864 @ 75Hz which doesnt look too bad looks hi def even and I dont notice much flicker..

I had looked in my Projector manual and saw I could go as high as 1280x1024 but Only at 60Hz so I tried it and the flicker was a lil bit more noticable but NOT too bad.. Now at first the 3D would Enable but after a day or two I could NOT get the 3D glasses to turn On..

I see the Double image on the screen but when I go to turn on the Glasses I get the left lens to go Dark and the right Nothing?? I was curious shouldnt I be able to have the Glasses work at @60 HZ with the Sharp DLP XR10XL Projector??

I had tried the Stereo Test and it was working but NOT in games??? Why would it have worked at first then Stop working??
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: 3D Gaming at 60HZ NOT working

Post by iondrive »

hmmm,

That's weird. Sounds like a busted dongle or a loose connection (wired glasses) or weak batteries (wireless glasses).

Does the lower res/higher freq still work?

This is for a non-3d non-checkerboard projector, right?

60 Hz on a DLP projector is much less noticable than on a CRT, especially in the dark and I wish more people were aware of that. I did a simultaneous side-by-side test so I know.

Tell us if you figure it out.

--- iondrive ---
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hi, THNX for answering my post I feel like a lone wolf in this section of the froums ;) lol

Ya it is a DLP Projector NON Checkerboard it does page flip..It might of been the Batteries I have some fresh new Batteries and will give it a shot..

It is strange that it did work for some time then stopped working suddenly?? If you look in the section you will see my Setup Virtual Simulator thread ;)

Yes the Lower Rez (1024x768 @ 75HZ works Flawlessly) but when I change the rez to 1280 x1024 @ 60HZ I get the Problems??

YES 60HZ on a DLP Projector is NO Where near as bad as on a CRT.. I hear alot of people say 75HZ is Terrible and I dont see a Difference at 75 vs 85 do I think thay are just blowin smoke..either that or I just got so used to the flicker it doesnt bother me at lower HZ rates..

Going to do some test now will report back in an hour or so..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I got it working but Even with the ED 3D Enabler I get the Stereo turn Off then On Real quck almost like a blink of an eye little bit distracting NOT sure why it is doing that??

I will try the Energizer Batteries I just got in the mail yesterday Hopefully they will be better then these Renetta POS Batteries ..
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well it Appears the ED Activator is NOT compatible with ArmA 1 at 60Hz???
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

hi again,

Yes, I know the lone-wolf feeling. I'll visit here more often if I know someone else is here.

Are you using Blue-Line-Coding or regular DDC mode?

No, that question doesn't make sense since you're using ED-Activator.

ED-Activator should make the glasses shutter even when looking at the desktop. Is that true? The dongle should then generate a shutterglass signal based on the refresh rate v-sync pin of your VGA port or adapter. I don't see how the game or monitor should affect it. Try checking the checkbox that says "always use stereo refresh rate" after you set the rate to 60Hz for all resolutions in the nvidia test settings window. Maybe the game is changing freq or res. Make the desktop res/freq the same as the game's res/freq and the same as the nvidia 3d logo test res/freq. I'll bet it will work then. I think that's the issue. The dongle sometimes gets confused if the game changes res/freq from the desktop to the game when using ED-Activator.

Does "ED 3D Enabler" = "ED-Activator"?

good luck.

--- iondrive ---

PS: do you care about old win98se 3d games at all?
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hmmm it appears you where correct. I had changed the Desktop
Rez to the same as in game and the 3D Enabled with the Activator on?? I guess it does NOT like changing the Desktop Rez to Game Rez which is higher then the Desktop Rez..

I guess I will have to get used the the Smaller Fonts while Browsing or change it every time I goto Game ..

Saying you like win 98 SE Games is not correct perhaps it would be better if you say what Version of DirectX Version these games are.. I play a few DirectX 5,6,7,8 games on my PC and in Stereo ;)

I had played Doom before but using a more modern Port like ZDoom..
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

Hi again, glad I could help.

My next idea was that the game had suddenly just decided on its own to run in software display mode instead of HW mode.

So, does it only work now with ED-Activator or does it also work with only the nvidia DDC output?

I'm sure you know that the DDC method is preferred since it will not sync 180 degrees out of phase with the shuttering of the glasses. However, if you have intermittent shuttering with DDC, then you might want to use the Activator instead since it shutters based on the v-sync refresh signal and not the DDC line.

DirectX... ? I don't care which version of DX a game uses as long as it works in s3d except that DX7 often has a better-working LaserSight than other versions but that's not always the case of course. Oh, I see, I think you mean to say that there are plenty of non-DirectX games that are excluded from my consideration. Yes, that's true. Then of course there are OpenGL games that work in s3d too with older drivers. I can go back all the way to using driver version 30.87 on my geForce-4 if I need to. ONI is pretty good in s3d because it has an in-game targetting beam that looks good in s3d. It's OpenGL.

c'ya,

--- iondrive ---

PS: Also, it's proper to mention that some DX games (like Star-Trek Away Team) only output with a software render mode even though it does use some kind of DirectX. Also, individual games can each have their own display issues even though they "work", but you know all this already. Sorry to bring it up.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Yes It works both ways with and without the ED Activator..

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”