My 3D Projector Setup (Virtual Simulator)

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

My 3D Projector Setup (Virtual Simulator)

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hi, I don't beleive I ever posted here about my Current 3D Setup.. Well it started out as just a dream years ago with the Prices Of Projectors Getting within the Grasp of Mere mortals!! I always wanted an Immersiver Projection setup since EF200v2.0 Days Back in 1996 but never got one till about 2 years ago..

I had my 3D Glasses from ED and my Trusty CRT Monitor since 2001 been hooked ever since.. But I was Browsing one day and found a Link to 3dFlightsim.com and saw the 10' 3D Holodeck they built I was Drooling I had to have one..

Well Since I bought a new house with an Unfinished Basement I built my Now Computer room and a home theater..Well It turned out I boughta Sharp XR10XL Projector was supposed to be a XR10X but well I just ended up keeping this Projector I was used to gaming at Lower Rez and Refreshrate with the CRT Monitor.. I dont notice the Reduced Rez as it looks Hi Def with 3D Enabled..

I ended up going Old Schhol on many PC Parts and 3D Glasses the 3D Visions where NOT even a rumor back then ad this was the only game in town as we all know that nVidia Dropped the ball for the newer cards like a 8800GT and up till the 3D Vision came out..

The PC I enede up getting I had changed the MoBO 2 times because of Probelms but I currently have the following:

1. Intel PIV 3.80GHZ HT CPU
2. Asus Stiker II Formula Mobo
3. 4GB OCZ RAM
4. Audigy 2 ZS Gamer SC
5. ED 3D Wireless Glasses
6. 3D Flight Sim Inverter
7. Sharp XR 10XL DLP Projector
8. Saitek X52 HOTAS (joystick & Throttle stick)
9. Creative 7.1 Speaker system
10. BFG GeForce 7950 SLI'd
Here are some pics of the setup:

By the_nephilim at 2008-04-13

By the_nephilim, shot with FinePix S7000 at 2008-04-13

By the_nephilim, shot with FinePix S7000 at 2008-04-13

By the_nephilim, shot with FinePix S7000 at 2008-04-03

Here is a video NOT in 3D but you will get the Idea. I since mounted the projector on the ceiling and dont see the Shadows of myself or my HOTAS..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubVIwGGx0io" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by The_Nephilim on Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: My 3D Projector Setup (Virtual Simulator)

Post by cybereality »

Very nice.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

ya THNX the 3D Projectors have just exploded in the past months and Now Optoma has the HD55 with 1280 x 720 Rez, I think I will be getting that one when this bulb goes out..I am about 52% on the current bulb..

I wonder if that Optoma Projector will work with my current setup??
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Im suprised you can get enough angle to sit that close with the projector overhead, are you using the keystone correction? I find it jaggies up the image a lot.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Ya I had since fixed the Trapazoid and it looks Square to the Screen only used a little Keystone to fix it tho.. Ya If I get too close I see my head at the bottom of the screen, I just sit low in my seat and it is fine.. but at least I dont see my HOTAS shadow in the screen anymore..

I have since tried upping the Rez to 1280x1024, But the down side to that is I can Only run at 60Hz.. I think the improved graphics is worth a Little bit Of Flicker..I know on a CRT Monitor 60Hz is Terrible but it is NOT as bad with a DLP Projecter well to me anyhow..

I am looking to getting the New Optoma HD55??? as that can goto to 1280 x 720 Not sure what Hz thos but I bet it is higher than 60Hz ;)

I wonder if that Optoma Projector will work with my current ED Glasses & System??
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hi all,

I had a little twist of Fate and I am Currently Constructing a Triple Projector setup using a Matroz TH2Go Gizmo..
I will have 3 Screens at 45" a Screen, I have all needed for the Triple Screen just need to get an adittional Projector and VGA Cables Plus 2 mounts and a Bulb for the Used Projector

I am going to have to construct some sort of Gizmo to Hold the Screens in place as I used a .75" piece of like Wood product which has a VERY Smooth Surface.. I had used ScreenGoo for the Surface instead of just Regular Paint which works very well..

I had made a Larger screen last year and never used it it is already Finsihed with the Screengoo and masking. I just have to cut it down to size it is big enough I can get 2 45" screens out of it ;)

Then I need to order some Border masking Felt to Finish Off the borders .. I just need to be Carefull Cutting the Other Screen as it hasa Finished Surface?? I was thinking putting CardBoard Down and face the Screen side to the Cardboard and cutting the Back with a Circular saw?? I just need to get a Square cut..

I will post some pics later of the Big screen and after I cut it up to make the 2 - 45" Screens..I will also post a Video of it in action trust me I will ;)
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

I was also wondering since I use the Old School S3D Solution will I need to get the Analog or the Digital version of the Matrox Triple Head2Go??
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well Forging Ahead, I had bought the 2 SVGA Cables and 2 Projector Mounts.. I have already paid for them just need to wait a few days to get them in the mail..

I had also Paid for the other Projector so Now I have ALL 3, but I have NOT heard from the guy I bought it off from ebay as to if he shipped it or not yet???

I just need to get a Bulb for the other Projector and the Matrox TH2Go gadget and I am all set..But first I need to come up with some sort of Bracket for the Rather large 45" screens.. To set the Outer 2 screens on an angle?? I have to think about this but I am sure I'll come up with something that will work?? I did have a thought and perhaps I could use some Door Hinges???

WEll Looks like I am a few months ahead of schedule.. but Next Month I have 2 bills to pay Off so I am Not sure If I will have the money to buy the Bulb..

I can NOT wait ArmA Looks Very cool on the Screenshots.. Have you seen them?? well if NOT here is a Link to the Surround Gaming Website:

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/surroundgaming/en/home/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

here is the direct link to the ArmA 2 Page:

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/surround ... ed/arma_2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am going to get the Digital version of the TH2Go system ;)
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I had a Major Setback today, the Projector I bought used off ebay turned out to either have the wrong bulb installed or an old worn out bulb in it, the image was VERY dim in a DARK room compared to my Other 2 Projectors..

I had requested a Refund as the guy does not seem interested in Helping me Find out what the problem is and helping me resolve it.. I had emailed him a few times and he is dragging his feet about it.. Well Tonight I told him I wast to return it and get a Full refund..

I am debating if I should give him negative feedback or not??
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

When people sells their projectors it's often because the bulbs are weared out... Seems like just the way it is. Mentioning the bulbhours is of no use because they don't have a steady lifetime. One bulb might last 4000 hours and the other only 500.....
So far i haven't changed in my projectors yet though.

You should definitely return it if possible. Even if the majority of used projectors are sold because of bulbwear it doesn't mean it's honest.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well when they guy says he just bought the bulb and it Only has 300 hours on it is just Fraud in my opinion.. I had just reset my old Projector and the bulb was looking like a newer bulb nice bright image and that bulb already had 2500 hours on it??

I am in talks but the guy is ignoring my emails looks like I am going to get stuck with it. The Funny thing is I can get a Refurbished XR10xl for a hundred more then what I paid for this POS. If I buy a new bulb I will be in the hole for $200 plus what I paid I could have Bought a Brand NEW one :( ARGHHHHH!@@#$$#%%^%^
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Welll some light Shined in my direction today, Ebay had ruled in my Favor and is giving me a Full refund.. I had to send it back and give ebay a Tracking Number and get Signature confirmation.. I had did that and it should be there by the 8th of April..Hopefully this fool is there to sign for it..Either way they will have to leave a reciept saying they had a package for him so He should be able to pick it up at a local UPS Hub..

Well I am going to get another Projector, one that is refurbished from a Hopefully Reputible dealer. So the way things are going I should have this all setup by June or July.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 8-) 8-) :lol: :lol:
Great news! Even though many do sell projectors when the lamps needs to be replaced it's still fraudulent behaviour.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

well I dont mind they sell an old used Projectory complaint is if the Bulb is dead just say so ;)

But they try to make like the bulb is new and try and get more money for a old no good bulb..

Oh well looks like I will NEVER EVER buy Used Electronics on Ebay for good..

I am debating what to do with the money, I want to buy a family member a Laptop they need one but was told to save some money for the nieces?? But I ws thinking on getting the TH2Go Gizmo and the Screen materiel..

Desicions desicions .....
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well We ran into another snag so I just told the giu to send back the Projector and the new bulb he supposedly got back from the company who sent him the wrong bulb and I will pay for the Return shipping and we will just end it there.. I figure just cut my losxses and be done with it as the projector worked it just had the wrong bulb..
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

WEll almost Finally complete just need to get 2 new bulbs and a TH2Go Gizmo and it will be done.. I currently am using SofTH which works some but a bit buggy, I thnik the TH2Go will be a better solution..

here are some pics of it in action with ArmA1 and TAW:

By the_nephilim at 2010-08-28

By the_nephilim at 2010-08-28

By the_nephilim at 2010-09-06

By the_nephilim at 2010-09-05

By the_nephilim at 2010-09-05
Last edited by The_Nephilim on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Okta

Post by Okta »

Awesome work Neph that must be a joy to play on!
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I played some ArmA 2 on it for a bit. I definetely need to get a new bulb for the 1 projector and the Matrox TH2Go unit. the SoftTH is not very reliable and works on very low number of games..
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

well small Update. I went out and Bought a PNY 470GTX vid card and nVidias 3D Vision I am NOT gonna look back.. Why did I keep that Old School Solution for so long ????

Altho I do NOT have the Certified 3D Projectors I got S3D Enabled and working..It is unbelievable the S3D is So cool I don't know How I gamed all these months without it..

Also I was wondering when I get the Other Vid card for Surround will I be able to put my Projectors @ 85HZ or will I still get that Old School Problem with the Graphics looking ink stained in places??

By null at 2011-01-25

By null at 2011-01-25

By null at 2011-01-20

By null at 2011-01-20

By null at 2011-01-15

By null at 2011-01-15

By null at 2011-01-15

By null at 2011-01-15
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Welcome to 2011 bro.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Yes Thnx I needed a wake up call lol!!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Nice!
gamergal8292
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gamergal8292 »

Wow, I like the set up! It looks like the projector is working well and that you have it angled correctly to get a great view! I wish that I had a basement with this type of set up so that I could create it! It would be great sitting in some home theater seats and watching movies on this projector!
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well ?I just upgraded to a new System and all is well..I been thinking since the bluray drives are really cheaper now to get that and a bluray 3d program to play 3D Blu rays but not sure if it would work or not??
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Blu-Ray may work, but it needs to be over a VGA connection. Digital required HDCP support. Most likely you will have to rip the discs and play the files with Stereoscopic Player.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

so no other software player will work with my system??

I am connected using vga.. the stereo works with the nvidia 3d vision??My concern is with the other software players where they also need to recognise the display device :(

I would have to repurchase stereoscopic player again??
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Well if 3D Vision works, then maybe you can try something like PowerDVD 11 or Total Media Theater 5. If you run into a problem with HDCP, then you need to also buy AnyDVDHD. Again, I don't know for sure it will work, but maybe you don't mind taking a gamble.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Revisiting this topic Cyber,, I found that Power DVD will most likely NOYT work but the TMT 5 has a CRT Option for nVidia 3D Vision, this may work for me..

I will have to wait but I am going to give it a shot too see If I can get 3D Blu ray at home in my Simulator room.. I am planning on getting one for my Mom and Dad possibly this comming Christmas..

I will give it some thought but maybe I'll get a 3D solution for my Home Theater?? Are there any Home Theater solutions for S3D??

I looked into this last year and was found Out I wioll need to get a special converter box as the Blu ray players did NOT work directly with a 3D Projector??

I will have to look into this but any info you have on a 3D DLP Projector and Blu Ray player for a Home Theater would be most appreciated..
WiredEarp

Post by WiredEarp »

Damn that looks great.

I'm wondering lately if its better to get 1 1280x720 3D monitor, or 2-3 1024x768 3D monitors for a similar price? What do you think Nephilim? I assume yours are 1024x768?
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

WiredEarp wrote:Damn that looks great.

I'm wondering lately if its better to get 1 1280x720 3D monitor, or 2-3 1024x768 3D monitors for a similar price? What do you think Nephilim? I assume yours are 1024x768?

Yes the Native Rez on these Projectors are 1024 x 768.. I would say try gaming in a rez of 1024 x 768 and see what YOU think.. But Most people would rather have the higher resolution..Personnelly I like the BIGGER way the game loos vs having small text because of the higher rez..

I have some issues with Jaggies but a little bit of AA fixes that..

if you do NOT like the 1024 x 768 resolution I would say get the 1 720P monitor now and save up for the other 2..

here are some Updayed Pics:

By the_nephilim at 2011-09-17

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

What a sick setup!
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

yes it is very cool indeed.. Altho I have my Main PC Down at the moment BIOS Update Bricked the mobo.. I am currently RMA'ng the mobo and hopefully Asus can get it repaired..
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Damn! Thats too bad.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

cybereality wrote:Damn! Thats too bad.
ya kinda suck as I just bought some new bulbs to get back to triple screen and 3d Gaming and now back to single screen plus NO 3D :(

well at least I canplug the projector into the laptop for a bigger screen.. haha
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well Whilst I took apart the PC to get the Board fixed , I took some Pics of the Internals..Plus one of the Case.. I use Intel but it is an AMD Phenom II case hehe..

I bought a new Board and am still waiting for them to send the other one back they said it is Fixed We shall see but I am NOT holding my breath.

Case is Red but looks a little pinkish??

By the_nephilim at 2012-01-31

SoundCard:

Network Card Really good card:

CM 212+ HeatSink

VideoCard This thing is Huge:

PSU Need To geta 1200W:

CPU i52500K

With Power Windows LOL!!

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Cool.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

yes, it is a work in progress and the nex thing I would like to do is get 3 New DLP Certified Projectors 120hz..

Hopefully that should happen around summertime hopefully before the Fall.. I think I will get the same Aspect Ratio or NOT still deciding.. If I get the new Widescreen ones I will need to get a new screen and if I do that I may get a bigger screen too..

but for know I am trying to get another video card..after that I'll save for my New DLP Projectors..
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

cybereality wrote:Well if 3D Vision works, then maybe you can try something like PowerDVD 11 or Total Media Theater 5. If you run into a problem with HDCP, then you need to also buy AnyDVDHD. Again, I don't know for sure it will work, but maybe you don't mind taking a gamble.

Hey Cyber I finally got the Blu ray player and had to use an older version of TMT5 through some Torrent Links ;)

It seems the NEW version of TMT 5 had some licensing issues with Sony and could NOT use a VGA Connection anymore so they omitted it out of the new version..

But the Older ones work with a VGA connection and 3D..It looks really cool and I am glad I found a solution for my Custom Setup.. I plan on buying a few more as I only have 1 REAL 3D Movie, but the cool thing it converts DVD movies to 3D whilst NOT perfect it still looks pretty cool..
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Awesome that works for you.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

yes it just goes to show the industry is full of BS they say BD will ONLY work over a HDCP Connection well it works for me I use a VGA Connector and now they are taking that away so foolish.. HDCP is NOT preventing people making copies of these BD not NOW NOT EVER.. if there is something to be cracked and it is popular enough someone will crack it..

just a plane waste of monet to put all these preventions in just frustrated the people who would use this material legally.. as most people who make copies all that crap is taken out and it just works..

oh well I got BD 3D Woring for now so be it..

WEll The last bulbs I bought where like I thought Crap bulbs at least they where the wrong bulbs. I knew I should have gotten a refund on these bulbs.. The one bulb popped last night at about 1000 hours it should have lasted 2000 hours Sucks to be me I guess..

The Confusing thing is the model number these are the mpodel number I bought bulbs for (xr10xl) these bulbs are only 200 watts.. The model I should have bought for are (xr10x-l) these bulbs are the CORRECT Bulbs which are 220 watt..

Damn guy just didnt want the hassle of having them returned and I got burned, I knew I should have insisted on a refund..

Well I did Find a Bulb company who stated the bulbe they have are made by a Sharp Manufactirer well we shall see..

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”