Old Edimensional glasses

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
Doon1
One Eyed Hopeful

Old Edimensional glasses

Post by Doon1 »

I have a pair of the wireless glasses. The emitter is a VGA pass-thru type. I haven't used them for quite some time. Cleaning out some of my computer boxes and ran across them this morning. Plugged them in to make sure they work. Do they have any value? Are they still a viable 3D solution? I guess what I'm asking is, Ebay or garbage can?
Thanks,
John
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Old Edimensional glasses

Post by cybereality »

They are still worth something to people with old rigs that can utilize the glasses. They don't work on modern setups, unfortunately.

If I had to take a guess, I would say they are worth around $30-$40. You can try posting an ad in the "General" section and see if anyone is interested.
lnrrgb
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by lnrrgb »

Anyone think those old drivers could be hacked into giving someone direct control of the flash frequency, and better yet, separate control for right/left? What I am wondering about is gaining control of those frequencies so as to turn the glasses into pseudo mind machine, brain entrainment devices. Then sitting out under the sun's somewhat infinite brightness, with calculated shutter control, I might be able to experience at least some entrainment effects - within whatever hardware limits there may be with those glasses. I'm just speculating/wondering.
KydDynoMyte
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by KydDynoMyte »

The Edimensional wireless glasses and emitter can be used on a Mitsubishi DLP tv. I imagine some other TVs with emitter ports would work too. I haven't tried using the old Edimensional VGA dongle in years.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I had the Wired pair of ED Glasses working on a modern system my current rig..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”