Eye phase problem

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
smoal
One Eyed Hopeful

Eye phase problem

Post by smoal »

Hi all,

I have some problem getting my setup to work, i try to watch 3d Stereo movies on my PC.
My setup :
- Windows XP
- E-D dimensional wired shutter glasses and VGA dongle
- MSI Geforce 7900 GTO 512Mo with drivers : 169.44 Beta Forceware + 162.50 Stereo + nHancer

To decode the movies (H264, Resolution 1920x1080, Side by Side), i use CoreAVC, and 3dtv Stereo Movie Player.

It works very well but after 5 minutes, i have a eye phase error and i have to swap the image. This is very frustating when watching a movie !
It appears on my DLP projector but also on my old CRT monitor. I try many configurations (turning performance to high, V sync, with e-D activator).

I don't know if my E-D VGA dongle supports blue line code (and i don't know how to check this), this is an old one (8 years perhaps).

Does anyone know what can generate this problem ? and how to resolve it ?

Thanks,
smoal
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Eye phase problem

Post by Fredz »

Maybe there is a problem with your 3D video player, did you try with Stereoscopic Player ?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Can you play games? Maybe this is only an issue with Stereoscopic Player.

If its an old computer it may not be powerful enough to handle 1080P, can you try with lower res movies maybe?
smoal
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by smoal »

I tried NVidia Player but videos are very slow. I have the same problem with Stereoscopic Player using the 3D Vision option.
Using the diagnostic tool (CTRL+Q), I see that there no frame loose with software pagefilpping.

I will try a lower resolution and also try a game (I have just downloaded the free version of FarCry) !

I wonder if the BLC will help me, even if there is a glitch, the eye phase should be correct (it depends on the size of blue line ?)
Is the current dongles sold by EDimensional are BLC compatible ?

Thanks for help !
smoal
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by smoal »

Hi All,

I take some time to check my configuration. I had a problem with page flipping activation that give me a BSOD after rebooting my Pc. In fact, I have to disable, then enable 3D and launch the medical image test in order to have a working 3D. I still have eye phase problem with 3dtv Stereoscopic Player but using Stereo Movie Player, I don't have the problem (even if I still have some glitch) !

I have just bought an LG D2342P so I will have to use TriDef and NVidia 3D Stereo driver together. Another challenge !

Regards,
smoal
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

BLC support

Post by iondrive »

Hi guys,

I started a BLC thread just for you. :)

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14503

It tells you how to test your dongle to see if it works with BLC s3d output. Oh, I forgot to mention there that I was using a 7800GTX card. Oh well, that shouldn't really matter.

I emailed eDim last year asking them about BLC and their dongle. They said they "don't support" it but that's different from saying that it doesn't work. I suspect that it probably does but "don't support" means they're not set up to help customers with it. I'll have to rewrite them again and ask them to test one since I've posted the how-to now and I can reference it. Mine works of course but I forgot which year I bought it. :(

later,

--- iondrive ---

Update: my eDim dongle that works with BLC is from 2009.

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”