DLP Link projector + Old School nVidia drivers/XP

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
zazoo
Two Eyed Hopeful

DLP Link projector + Old School nVidia drivers/XP

Post by zazoo »

Hi everyone, I have a question--are there any compatibility issues using WinXP + old school nVidia drivers (93.71) with DLP Link projectors?

Thanks for any advice, I have been out of the loop for a while.

zazoo
speedy22
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: DLP Link projector + Old School nVidia drivers/XP

Post by speedy22 »

I have ViewSonic 3D DLP projector + ATI/AMd HD 5770 + EDimensional X3D glasses and use stereoscopic player (or SView) in page flipping mode for movies, and IZ3D in page flipping mode + ED glasses activator for games, and I can see movies and play games without problems and no ghosts, better than Nvidia 3D vision and LCD 3D LED.
zazoo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by zazoo »

Thanks for the reply, speedy22. I want to try to stick with the old-school nVidia drivers, although I did try the iZ3d drivers out for my stereomirror system.

If anyone has confirmed that the old-school drivers work with a DLP Link projector, please let me know. I want to try and build a legacy flight sim/racing rig to squeeze a little more life out of my ancient P4/7950gt system.

Thanks again, speedy22
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

What do you mena by a DLP LINK PROJ>> Is that just a regualr DLP Proj??
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Most any 3D DLP projector made in the past few years will use TI's chip which supports DLP-Link. Which means you can provided a frame-sequential source feed and use DLP-Link glasses without any additional hardware.

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”