Ghost Master

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Ghost Master

Post by iondrive »

Hi guys,

If you're looking for something a little different, you can try "Ghost Master". It's kind of like a Sims game but you control various spirits with various powers and scare the wits out of Sims-like people. If you hate the Sims, here's your chance for some kind of revenge or something. In later levels, you can set them on fire or electrocute them. It's entertaining cartoon violence. I'll make a YouTube 3D video of this eventually. It's OpenGL and glitchy with newer drivers so this is only for people who can run driver 77.77 like with a 7800 card. I'm not sure if a 79xx can run 77.77. I'll ask Likay. The glitch with 162.50 is that some of the wall textures get dragged around as you scroll your view. I'm afraid that it really is unplayable in s3d with 162.50 on my 7800 but 77.77 is perfect. Well, not perfect because you still have the old issues like 2D hud and you need to find the right settings and stuff. I don't have the right settings anymore but I'll post something whenever I play it again.

Other thoughts:
The game is sometimes frustrating when people don't go where you want them to.
This is the kind of game that gets more fun as you get more familiar with it.
Use the spider spirit alot and max out his powers since he's useful in the early part of each level. It's cool in 3d when lots of baby spiders come raining down on the people in a room.
This is a good game for 3d because of the cut-away view of the rooms in the house.
You also have pretty flexible camera control unlike some other games.
I've read other reviewers that did not like this game but I think you should ignore them if you're in the mood for something different.

Steam vs GOG:
This game is on Steam and also on GOG, but I suggest the GOG version since it should be DRM free. Also, someday the day will come when Steam stops supporting winXP and then you might be out of luck. They stopped supporting win98 in mid-2007 and AFAIK, you can't play Steam games on win98se anymore. Does anyone know any better? That's why I expect the same thing to happen with XP. With GOG, you should be fine for as long as your computer works.

I think that's it for now, sayonara and ciao y'all.

--- iondrive ---
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Ghost Master

Post by cybereality »

Funny. When I read "Ghost Master" i was thinking that it was a Viewmaster like contraption, but made to test ghosting. Or something like that...

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”