Best drivers for the Headplay visor?

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
poobie
One Eyed Hopeful

Best drivers for the Headplay visor?

Post by poobie »

I just bought a Headplay visor (dell - $150) to try to get back into S3D. I have a core i5 CPU and heavily overclocked GTX470 vid card. Looking for the most compatible drivers to run this. :? I figure the vid card should be able to keep the frame rate above 60 in any game at 800X600. I haven't explored such questions in a while, so I'd thought I'd ask if there was a consensus before shelling out another $50.

Thanks for all your help! :)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Best drivers for the Headplay visor?

Post by cybereality »

I would give the iz3D driver a go, but there is not guarantee it will work 100%. The developers supposedly have made some progress in getting shutter output to sync correctly, so this may enable full support for Headplay in an upcoming version. Just do a search for "Headplay" here and you will find tons of discussion on the topic.
poobie
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by poobie »

Finally setup the headplay, but not getting 3D. Which output should I use? I didn't see a choice for page-flip or frame sequential or the like.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I know that headset used to be supported on the old Nvidia XP driver. But to use that you need a machine with a series 7 Nvidia card or below (like 7900 GTX). I am not sure if there is any way to get that to work with modern machines. You may have some luck using software page-flipping with the Stereoscopic Player. That will work for many formats of 3D video. You can try finding the E-Dimensional activator and seeing if that helps you at all. But there is a good chance things won't be fully supported on that HMD. This is because Nvidia dropped their support for 3rd party hardware in favor of their proprietary 3D Vision glasses. Pretty sad situation, but what can you do?
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

And it seems with the latest IZ3d driver they have dropped old style page flipping support, such that it was.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”