Google Is Making Gaming Moves

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Google Is Making Gaming Moves

Post by metalqueen »

By Jared Newman

Google may be planning some big moves into video games, based on a few recent developments.

As TechCrunch reports, Google has hired Noah Falstein to be the company’s “Chief Game Designer.” Falstein is best-known for his work on the arcade classic Sinistar, and on the Indiana Jones series of adventure games for DOS.

Read the whole story here.

Read full article...
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.
nateight
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Google Is Making Gaming Moves

Post by nateight »

Interesting news, but I also seem to recall Google making similar noises several years ago. With the impending release of Glass, is Google going to show the world the gaming potential of AR, or shove out a bunch of mobile phone games, or simply fall into their typical infrastructure-builder role? I would be surprised if they started making first-party or closely knit third-party "social" games a la Facebook even considering the huge advantage they have in Android, but Google is one company still entirely capable of surprising me.
Shameless plug of the day - Read my witty comments on Reddit, in which I argue with the ignorant, over things that don't matter, for reasons I never fully understood!

Return to “MTBS Newswire”