Post registry entry info here

iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post registry entry info here

Post by iondrive »

Much of this is copied from my posts at nvidia's forum but I think it's such valuable info that it's worthwhile to post it here too. I would have posted it to the "old-school" section but it's locked so I have to put it here. Of course registry info on the new 3d-vision/vista system is very welcome too and I expect much to be in common or analagous. Anyway...

I wanted to start this topic to help people who are curious about some of the 3d-oriented registry entries.

I have much info to share but it's too much for one post so I broke it up into peices. Future posts include registry entries that involve:

Setting up the LaserSight,
Fixing the HUD (or at least trying to),
Parallax inversion (eye-sync-swapping),
Checkerboard interlaced output,
Changing the anaglyph colors for different glasses,
Other misc. settings.

Justification for posting "out of date" data:
These posts may seem out of date but I think it's still worth posting because then people can know about what helpful things used to exist sothat they can ask nvidia to include them in future drivers. For example, there are many games that would be good if the HUD was good and there used to be a "screen-depth" control to fix it, but it often doesn't work now and so it's not even shown in the display panel even though it's still in the registry. Another reason to post "old-school" data is to help old-school people with old systems and games they want to play. Other than that I expect many registry entries to still be the same in the newer setups.

Anyway, please post new info here and try to include these things:

Driver version (this should indicate whether you're talking about the new 3d-vision system or the old-school 3d setup)
Operating system
Location of registry entry
Typical value and meaning
Possible other values and your best understanding of what effects they would have
Tips for using the entry for better 3d setups if possible
What type of 3d setup the entry is used for if not shutterglasses
Other notes like what causes that entry to appear or if you can just create that entry for yourself manually.

Happy posting and I hope many people find this topic valuable.
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Post registry entry info here

Post by iondrive »

Main stereo 3d control registry settings:

From old-school nvidia stereo-3d driver 162.50 using winXP, here are the entries for what I consider to be the main stereo-3d controls:

Entries in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D] include:

--- Main stereo-3d controls: on/off, Separation and Convergence:
"StereoToggle"=dword:00000254 --- Ctl-T to toggle 3d on/off
"StereoSeparationAdjustLess"=dword:00000272 --- Ctl-F3 decreases Separation to a minimum of 0 (2d)
"StereoSeparationAdjustMore"=dword:00000273 --- Ctl-F4 increases Separation to a maximum defined by MonitorSize
"StereoConvergenceAdjustMore"=dword:00000275 --- Ctl-F6 increases Convergence
"StereoConvergenceAdjustLess"=dword:00000274 --- Ctl-F5 decreases Convergence

TIP: different hotkeys and other settings for different games:
You can make duplicate entires of these settings inside of the individual GameConfig entires:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\game-name]
and then that game can use different hotkeys from the other games that will use the defaults you set in
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D].
Just set the hotkeys you want for that game using the display panel, copy the entries over, then reset the defaults.
You can even set particular games to start with 3d enabled and activated automatically on game-start. This can help out with games that freeze your system when toggling 3d on/off but work well in 3d if you set it to turn on automatically at startup. You can also set a different default gamma for each game, etc.

--- Activate stereo-3d mode automatically at game-start:
"StereoDefaultOn"=dword:00000000 --- mirrored by "stereo enable mode: enabled" radio button. Hotkeys will still work to toggle 3d on/off. 0 means no.

--- Change limit of maximum Separation:
"MonitorSize"=dword:00000026 --- corresponds to monitor-size in "Stereo Setup & Test" section of nvidia's control panel. Convert this value to decimal and divide by 2 to get inches of monitor setting (38/2=19" for me here). Setting this entry to $a (decimal 10) means you're telling the driver you have a 5-inch screen. Why would you do that? It increases the maximum separation available to you in case you need it. I need it to play ONI in 3d because it's an OpenGL game and for some reason maximum separation shows very small effect. Lying to the driver and telling it I have a 5-inch screen tricks it into making maximum separation half of the screen's diameter since you're eyes are about 2.5 inches apart.

--- Set Default Separation:
"StereoSeparation"=dword:0000000f --- sets the default separation value as a percentage of the maximum defined by the MonitorSize above. Convert to decimal value to get the percentage ( $f = 15% ). This value is mirrored in the "stereo properties" main window. Setting this to 200%doesn't help any.

--- Frustrum: what's a frustrum?
"CycleFrustumAdjust"=dword:0000027a --- Ctl-F11 clycles 3 states of left/right border blanking. Generally you won't need this except for rare games like ONI. In ONI, I use high Separation and then there is missing image data on the left and right side of the screen. Using this forces the drawing of that image data.
"FrustumAdjustMode"=dword:0000027a --- normally 0, 1, or 2 representing the 3 available frustrum modes. I think 0 is generally the best modeto choose.

I would like someone else to provide a better explanation of what the frustrum control is for.

--- Adjusting Gamma, a kind of contrast/brightness control:
"GammaAdjustMore"=dword:00000247 --- Ctl-G increases gamma
"GammaAdjustLess"=dword:00000447 --- Alt-G decreases gamma
"StereoGamma"=dword:3f800000 --- this is the value for gamma that you see in the "Stereo Setup & Test" screen. It is in a format called floating-point binary. Research it from the internet if you're curious to learn it but learn binary first.

TIP: last resort brightening
If there's a game you want to play in 2d but it's too dark and that game can't get any brighter from in-game controls and your monitor's brightness is maxed out, you can try turning on 3d, lowering Separation to 0 (2d), and then using the 3d gamma controls to make the game brighter even though you'll be playing it in 2d.

--- Write/Delete Configs:
"WriteConfig"=dword:00000276 --- Ctl-F7 to write current stereo-3d settings to both c:\nvstereo.log and registry under
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\game-name]
"DeleteConfig"=dword:00000476 --- Alt-F7 to delete 3d game-config settings.

TIP: resetting settings.
if you screwed up your settings so much that you don't know if you shoud increase or decrease convergence anymore, try the "delete config" hotkey and it might work to reset your settings to either the last saved or some default settings. If you change driver versions alot, you may want to save your 3d settings for your games. Just use the registry and export that game's 3d config settings, then later import them when you need them.

--- Taking 3d screenshots:
"SaveStereoImage"=dword:00000470 --- Alt-F1 to take a 3d screenshot.
"SnapShotQuality"=dword:00000032 --- adjusts quality of jpeg screenshot: 32 hex = 50 decimal, 50% jpeg quality.

TIP: better 3d screenshots:
set "SnapShotQuality" to decimal 99 for higher quality jpeg stereo screenshots.
Also you can change the .jps extension to .jpg in order to view it in 2d left/right mode with a normal jpeg viewer.

I would like to know if these entries are the same with the 3d-vision system under vista if anyone is willing to confirm.
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

Troubleshooting the LaserSight (LS):

Sometimes LS autoranges properly only if Hardware TnL is disabled but most modern games won't work that way so that option only has a chance of working on old games.

From old-school nvidia stereo-3d driver 162.50 using winXP, here are the entries that affect the LaserSight:

Firstly, there are some LS entries in:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D]

"ToggleLaserSight"=dword:0000027b --- Ctl-F12 to toggle nvidia "auto-ranging" LaserSight (LS) on/off in-game although it often doesn't auto-range properly depending on the game/driver/hardware.

"LaserSightEnabled"=dword:00000001 --- mirrored in "on for configured games" radio button. Enables LS toggle to work or not. Note "LaserSight" under game config below should also set to 1 in order for LS to be on.

"LaserSightIndex"=dword:00000024 --- indicates which LS design you have selected in the nvidia control panel.

"LaserSightFile"="DLL:36" --- this is the text version of LSIndex above and is the decimal value of the above hex value.
I don't know which .dll file the LS designs are in. If anyone knows that, please post.

"LaserSightProperty"=dword:ef04b064 --- the first 8 bits are transparency. ff is 0% transparency and 00 is 100% transparency so the first 8 bits can be regarded as opacity if that's not too confusing. The last 24 bits affected the size of the LS in a previous driver version but itdoesn't seem to work with this version. Maybe someone else can figure this out. It might be in some kind of floating point binary that describes a kind of veiwing distance or angular diameter.

Then there are some LS entries within the game config entries:

"LaserSight"=dword:00000001 --- this enables toggling the LS on/off in-game. It's like LaserSightEnabled above but that's a global setting and this here's just for this individual game. Both need to be on for LS to be on. You may need to create this entry if it doesn't exist. You can create it within the NVSTTEST entry and see if the LS works in the nvidia 3d logo test. In that case, you will also need to create the next 2 entries within NVSTTEST as well.

--- Adjusting the position of the LS on the screen in case you need it off-center:
These values are floating-point-binary and should range from 0 to 2. $3f800000=1.0 and the center of the screen is (1,1).
$3f00000=0.5 and $3fc00000=1.5 if you want to experiment.

"LaserXAdjust"=dword:3f800000 --- adjusts horizontal position of the LS.
"LaserYAdjust"=dword:3f800000 --- adjusts vertical position of the LS.

Unfortunately there seems to be no LaserZAdjust and it doesn't seem to do anything if you add that entry to a game's 3d config settings.

By the way, the LS is affected by the frontplane and backplane settings REGARDLESS of whether or not the game is affected by the planes. This can be good or bad depending on your game and settings. See future entry for more info.

Please post and tell me if these entries exist in the new 3d-vision system.
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

Fixing the HUD:

If you have a 3d HUD and would like it to be 2d, then you used to be able to have a chance at fixing it using the frontplane (screen-depth) and backplane controls. These controls are no longer visible in the nvidia display panel but I see they're still in the registry so there's still a chance of using them. Just keep in mind that they usually don't work on modern games. I really wish nvidia could keep them included and working in future drivers since they can make the difference between a game being playable in 3d or not.

Here's the theory:
imagine a plane parallel to your screen that you could move towards you or away from you in the gamespace. Everything between you and the plane is forced to be 2d at screen-depth. So if you have a game with a 3d HUD that is too close, you can adjust the plane so that it's right beyond the HUD so that the HUD is 2d. That's the frontplane. There's another plane called the backplane that forces everything behind it to be 2d, so the only part of the game that's 3d is everything that is between the planes. The backplane is usually not used except when there's an odd game that has elements of the HUD way in the distance, like beyond the horizon.

From old-school nvidia stereo-3d driver 162.50 using winXP, here are the entries that are involved in fixing the HUD:

Entries in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D] include:

"RHWAtScreenLess"=dword:00000278 --- Ctl-F9 to decrease Frontplane (aka Screen-depth) and move frontplane towards you.
"RHWAtScreenMore"=dword:00000279 --- Ctl-F10 to increase Frontplane (aka Screen-depth) and move frontplane away from you.
"RHWLessAtScreenLess"=dword:00000478 --- Alt-F9 to decrease Backplane and move backplane away from you.
"RHWLessAtScreenMore"=dword:00000479 --- Alt-F10 to increase Backplane and move backplane towards you.

What does RHW stand for? Reciprocal of Homogeneous W. It's beyond the scope of this post. Internet it if curious.

TIP: changing the hotkey bindings:
This is how you can change the hotkey bindings even though the controls are not in the 3d-display panel:
Change the settings for some hotkeys in the display panel and then copy the registry entry values from one place to another. For example:
Change the settings for GammaAdjust in the display panel. Then go to the registry and copy the settings under GammaAdjust into the plane-control registry entries. Do that again for the other plane-control settings, then change gamma control back to what you want it to be.

The Help-screen from the "Game Configuration Hotkeys" pop-up can be helpful to understand FP/BP.

TnL, turning off/on Hardware Transform and Lighting (HW-TnL)
"StereoDisableTnL"=dword:00000000 --- setting this to 1 disables HW-TnL. Changing this does not change the check box in the nvidia control panel and changing the check box does not change this value even though it should work both ways. You need this to be the default of 0 for many games but you can try shutting off HW-TnL in an attempt to use frontplane/backplane to fix a particular game's 3d HUD by making it 2d. However, I recommend that you leave it 0 here and just use the checkbox in the nvidia display panel.

IMPORTANT: whenever you change HW-TnL on/off, start the nvidia logo test at least once because it helps to re-initialize the system into the new mode. At least that's how it is with all my various machines and cards.

TESTING:
If you want to test this for yourself and you have the old 3d setup then you can see plane controls work in the nvidia 3d logo test. Add these entries to

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\NVSTTEST]

"RHWGreaterAtScreen"=dword:3bd86ecc
"RHWLessAtScreen"=dword:3ab0254e

Then disable HW-TnL in the 3d control panel and start, exit, and restart the nvidia logo test. I suggest leaving your glasses off and playing with the plane control hotkeys. You should see that the frontplane changes the small logo in the bottom left to 2d and back, and the backplane control changes whether the back wall is 3d or not. This does not help the 3d here because it's visually confusing with the glasses on, but it does help you understand how it works. When you're done, don't forget to re-enable HW-TnL and do the test at least once.

Please post if these entries exist in vista with 3d-vision.

That's all for now.
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

Parallax inversion (eye-sync-swapping):

This entry is able to change the sync signals so that each eye sees the other eye's image.
This can be used to fix the parallax inversion caused by some DLP projectors that have a frame delay.

From old-school nvidia stereo-3d driver 162.50 using winXP within the registry in

"GlassesSwitchDelay"=dword:00000000 --- setting this to anything over decimal 26 will swap eye-sync. OR set this to 1 and toggle parallax inversion by hitting Alt-equals a few times and then Alt-minus to undo the eye-swapping. The registry entry remains the same even after your Alt-adjustments.This may also help with some OpenGL games like ONI that have eye-views backwards for some reason. Note that driver version 30.87 doesn't have this option so I use a hardware solution instead in that case.
"GlassesDelayPlus"=dword:000004bb --- Alt-equals to trigger eye-swapping.
"GlassesDelayMinus"=dword:000004bd --- Alt-minus to trigger eye-swapping.

Note that if you leave "GlassesSwitchDelay" as 0, then "GlassesDelayPlus" or "GlassesDelayMinus" will not work to cause eye-swapping.

You can change the hotkey bindings via the strategy under "fixing the HUD" above, but don't be surprised if they change themselves back somehow like after you do the medical 3d test or something.

I invite anyone with more detailed info on this to please post because I'm curious too.
Is there any chance that this could damage something? Use at own risk. Normally I use wired glasses with a hardware eye-swapper. It's easy to make one if you're using wired glasses. That info is in another topic.
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

Horizontal, Vertical, and Checkerboard (diagonal) interlacing:

Use this info if you want one type of interlacing but the display panel only offers the other (eg: vertical but not horizontal).

From old-school nvidia stereo-3d driver 162.50 using winXP, here are the entries about interlacing:

(These entries only show up after you try an interlaced mode)

"InterleavePattern0"=dword:55555555 --- 4 bytes stacked on top of each other in a bitmap 8 squares wide and 4 squares tall.
"InterleavePattern1"=dword:55555555 --- same as above but this bitmap goes below the other bitmap to form an 8x8 pattern.

These values form the vertical interlacing pattern:

So values of $aaaaaaaa will also produce veritcally striped interlacing and $ff00ff00 will make horizontal stripes as well as $00ff00ff. For a checkerboard pattern (for some displays) use $55aa55aa or $aa55aa55. Both entries should have the same values for these I've suggested so far but you could try $f0f0f0f0 and $0f0f0f0f together for a bigger checkerboard pattern if you want to get crazy.

To test this, tweak the registry entries and run the nvidia logo test after you've selected interlaced output. You don't need a special monitor to try this. You can use any display but it just won't be in 3d. Note that these entries might change back to their original values if you run the medical test or from some other trigger.

For horizontal interlaced output, you can use E-Dimensional's Activator program that lets you choose a line-blanking mode that will start your glasses shuttering and line-blanking the desktop. So if you want to use this mode in a game, set your desktop to the same res as your game. Eye-sync is often a problem with this method.

I suppose someone could make a vertical or checkerboard analog to line-blanking and then you could use those modes too.
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

--- Anaglyph entries:

This is generally known as red/blue-glasses-3d even though it's usually red/cyan. Red lens over left eye and cyan over right.

From old-school nvidia stereo-3d driver 162.50 using winXP, here are the anaglyph-related entries in:

"AnaglyphEnabled"=dword:deadbeef --- deafbeef? Is that a joke? This does not change when I de/select anaglyph mode so I guess it's just a leftover registry entry that's not used anymore but is kept for some kind of legacy reason. That's just a guess though.

--- tweaking filter colors (have fun, tweak away):
"LeftAnaglyphFilter"=dword:ffff0000 --- left eye color in four components: ff,red,green,blue
"RightAnaglyphFilter"=dword:ff00ffff --- right eye color in four components: ff,red,green,blue

So for ColorTone™ glasses try yellow ($ffffff00) for left and blue ($ff0000ff) for right. It wasn't perfect for me but I guess you can tweak either the settings or your monitor's tint/color-temperature to make it better. Also, the glasses that came with the "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie were green ($ff00ff00) and magenta ($ffff00ff) so you can use those if that's what you have.

I'm guessing the first ff might be alpha. Please post if you know better.
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

Other miscellaneous settings:

Here are the remaining entries I've seen in old-school nvidia stereo-3d driver 162.50 using winXP in

--- First time enabling of stereo-3d.
"ModesetWarning"=dword:00000000 --- controls message "please cloase any openGL or DirectX programs", mirrors checkbox there.
"StereoFirstTime"=dword:00000000 --- controls the showing of the medical test when you first enable stereo 3d in the nvidia control panel.

--- Enable hotkeys for in-game adjustment of 3d settings:
"StereoAdjustEnable"=dword:00000001 --- mirrored in "enable in-game configuration" checkbox

--- Various choices for stereo-3d output types:
"ShowAllViewerTypes"=dword:00000001 --- enables the showing of all of that driver's available 3d-display modes in the stereo-type selection list.
You may need to create/edit this entry if the list is short.
"StereoViewerType"=dword:00000001 --- corresponds to 3d veiwing mode selected from list.
1 means standard shutterglasses. Other numbers correspond to other 3d output methods in the display panel list.

--- Stereo Test Settings:
"StereoRsolution"="640x480" --- the resolution for the next nvidia 3d logo test (nvsttest.exe)
note that it is missing the e in Resolution for some reason. Also note that this is not a dword like most other entries.
"StereoRefreshDefaultOn"=dword:00000000 --- mirrored in "always use stereo refresh rate" checkbox

--- OSD Troubleshooting aid:
"StereoOSDEnable"=dword:00000001 --- enables a troubleshooting aid: the Stereo On-Screen-Display in the top left corner of the 3d display. As you adjust 3d settings, you can see some movement across the horizontal (z-depth) axis in the graph that pops up. That shows you that your adjustments are being input. Enabling this by setting this value to 1 may crash your computer in some setups. Set HW-TnL off if you want to try this as it may help avoid crashes. Remember to start and exit the nvsttest before you try changing 3d settings in order to initialize the new TnL setting correctly.
update: makes my system freeze in nvidia logo test but works fine in some games in this setup: GeForce7800GTX, driver 162.50, winXP-SP3 home-edition.
Same results with driver 77.77.

--- AutoConvergence (I've never seen this work):
"ToggleAutoConvergence"=dword:00000277 --- Ctl-F8 to supposedly turn on/off autoconvergence. That should make Convergence and/or possibly Separation settings get adjusted automatically based on current 3d environment. Settings should get constantly updated so that 3d is still good after you zoom in or out or a new cutscene shows things way too close.
"ToggleAutoConvergenceRestore"=dword:00000477 --- Alt-F8 to restore default convergence
"Time"=dword:49e7f03a --- unknown but suspect it to have something to do with StereoSuggestSettings or AutoConvergence.
"StereoSuggestSettings"=dword:00000271 --- Ctl-F2 sets some 3d settings for you based on 3d environment analysis. Possibly related to AutoConvergence. I have no good experience with this.
"StereoUnsuggestSettings"=dword:00000471 --- Alt-F2 undoes Ctl-F2 above to restore previous settings. I have no good experience with this.

Please post if you have more info or good experience with autoconvergence entries. I'm especially curious to understand what "time" is for.

--- I have no solid info on the following, please post if you know more:

"StereoCompatibility"=dword:00000000
"StereoDisplayID"=dword:444a635a
"ControlPanel"=dword:00000000 --- something to do with the control panel? :D
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

That's about it for me. Now here's your chance to add to this topic. Please post if you know about or can figure out or find out about the following entries.

Here are the settings in gameconfig entries that I would like more info about:

In [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\game-name]
using 162.50 with winXP:

StereoConvergence_ --- is this somehow different than StereoConvergence?
RHWLessAtScreen_ --- is this somehow different than RHWLessAtScreen?
LaserYAdjust_ --- is this somehow different than LaserYAdjust?
StereoTextureEnable: 1 --- is this about reserving extra memory for 3d generation?
StereoTransformationType: 1 --- what is this exactly?
StereoNotSupported: 1 --- what triggers StereoNotSupported?
StereoColorKey: 00010101 --- is this related to anaglyph somehow?
StereoOrthoEnable: 1 --- what is this exactly?
NoOrthoStereo: 1 --- can I change/set this to fix some 3d problems?
OpenGL: 1 --- can I change/set this to fix some 3d problems or change some rendering functions?
RHWEqualAtScreen: 1 --- what's this?
MaxVertexCount: 65536 --- can changing this help with something?
MixedTnL: 1 --- can setting this help with something?
NoLockSubstitute: 1 --- ?
AutoConvergence: 1 --- how can I make this work?
AutoConvergenceAdjustPace: 3d4ccccd --- is this floating point? Can I change this to make autoconvergence work faster/better?
Time: 496de7a5 --- same question as above.
ViewFieldScale: 3f800000 --- does this control some kind of field-of-view?
GameSpecific0: 0fe --- what's this?
StereoCutoff: 1 --- I guess this activates StereoCutoffDepthNear
StereoCutoffDepthNear: 3f800000 --- is this like a frontplane/screen-depth/RHWGreaterAtScreen setting?

I guess there are not many people who can respond to this so I expect I'll have to wait a long while before I get any answers. Oh well, at least this stuff will help somebody else. I only wish I had all this info a few years ago.

Later.

Edit:
Time: I don't know why this text says 496de7a5 but typically this value is between 0 and 100 (decimal value) and mirrors the software % T&L Primitives as reported in C:\NVIDIA.LOG under the game setting logs. I don't think this one is useful to us. I think it's just a reported value, not a settable one.
Last edited by iondrive on Wed May 13, 2009 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

Here's a post of all the entries in the main Stereo3D entry from stereo driver 162.50 under winXP.

Would someone please post the analogous data from a vista/3d-vision system so that we can compare them? Don't forget to include the driver version and alphabetize it if it's convenient.
Thanks in advance.

"AnaglyphEnabled"=dword:deadbeef
"ControlPanel"=dword:00000000
"CycleFrustumAdjust"=dword:0000027a
"DeleteConfig"=dword:00000476
"GammaAdjustLess"=dword:00000447
"GammaAdjustMore"=dword:00000247
"GlassesDelayMinus"=dword:000004bd
"GlassesDelayPlus"=dword:000004bb
"GlassesSwitchDelay"=dword:00000000
"InterleavePattern0"=dword:55555555
"InterleavePattern1"=dword:55555555
"LaserSightEnabled"=dword:00000001
"LaserSightFile"="DLL:29"
"LaserSightIndex"=dword:0000001d
"LaserSightProperty"=dword:ef04b064
"LeftAnaglyphFilter"=dword:ffff0000
"ModesetWarning"=dword:00000000
"MonitorSize"=dword:00000026
"RHWAtScreenLess"=dword:00000278
"RHWAtScreenMore"=dword:00000279
"RHWLessAtScreenLess"=dword:00000478
"RHWLessAtScreenMore"=dword:00000479
"RightAnaglyphFilter"=dword:ff00ffff
"SaveStereoImage"=dword:00000470
"ShowAllViewerTypes"=dword:00000001
"SnapShotQuality"=dword:00000032
"StereoAdjustEnable"=dword:00000001
"StereoConvergenceAdjustLess"=dword:00000274
"StereoConvergenceAdjustMore"=dword:00000275
"StereoDefaultOn"=dword:00000000
"StereoDisableTnL"=dword:00000000
"StereoDisplayID"=dword:444a635a
"StereoFirstTime"=dword:00000000
"StereoGamma"=dword:3f800000
"StereoRefreshDefaultOn"=dword:00000000
"StereoRsolution"="640x480"
"StereoSeparation"=dword:0000000f
"StereoSeparationAdjustLess"=dword:00000272
"StereoSeparationAdjustMore"=dword:00000273
"StereoSuggestSettings"=dword:00000271
"StereoToggle"=dword:00000254
"StereoUnsuggestSettings"=dword:00000471
"StereoViewerType"=dword:00000001
"Time"=dword:4a05fc75
"ToggleAutoConvergence"=dword:00000277
"ToggleAutoConvergenceRestore"=dword:00000477
"ToggleLaserSight"=dword:0000027b
"WriteConfig"=dword:00000276
Bo_Fox
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bo_Fox »

Hi, thanks for your effort. Here's mine from Vista-64, with 182.06 FW+ 182.06 3DVision drivers:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D]
@=""
"AnaglyphEnabled"=dword:00000000
"ControlPanel"=dword:00000000
"CycleFrustumAdjust"=dword:0000027a
"DeleteConfig"=dword:00000476
"GammaAdjustLess"=dword:00000447
"GammaAdjustMore"=dword:00000247
"GlassesDelayMinus"=dword:000004bd
"GlassesDelayPlus"=dword:000004bb
"GlassesSwitchDelay"=dword:00000000
"LaserSightEnabled"=dword:00000001
"LaserSightFile"="DLL:29"
"LaserSightIndex"=dword:0000001d
"LaserSightProperty"=dword:ef04b064
"LeftAnaglyphFilter"=dword:ffff0000
"MonitorSize"=dword:00000026
"RHWAtScreenLess"=dword:00000278
"RHWAtScreenMore"=dword:00000279
"RHWLessAtScreenLess"=dword:00000478
"RHWLessAtScreenMore"=dword:00000479
"RightAnaglyphFilter"=dword:ff00ffff
"SaveStereoImage"=dword:00000470
"ShowAllViewerTypes"=dword:00000002
"SnapShotQuality"=dword:00000032
"StereoAdjustEnable"=dword:00000001
"StereoAdvancedHKConfig"=dword:00000001
"StereoConvergenceAdjustLess"=dword:00000274
"StereoConvergenceAdjustMore"=dword:00000275
"StereoDefaultOn"=dword:00000001
"StereoDisableTnL"=dword:00000000
"StereoDisplayID"=dword:01e0d94d
"StereoForceCPLViewerType"=dword:00000001
"StereoGamma"=dword:3f800000
"StereoMonitorID"=dword:01e0d94d
"StereoRefreshDefaultOn"=dword:00000000
"StereoSeparation"=dword:0000000f
"StereoSeparationAdjustLess"=dword:00000272
"StereoSeparationAdjustMore"=dword:00000273
"StereoSuggestSettings"=dword:00000271
"StereoToggle"=dword:00000254
"StereoUnsuggestSettings"=dword:00000471
"StereoViewerType"=dword:80000001
"StereoVisionConfirmed"=dword:00000001
"Time"=dword:4a0cf0ff
"ToggleAutoConvergence"=dword:00000277
"ToggleAutoConvergenceRestore"=dword:00000477
"ToggleLaserSight"=dword:0000027b
"ToggleMemo"=dword:00000e2d
"WriteConfig"=dword:00000276

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\-007]
"Link1"="POP2.EXE"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\armada]
"Link1"="mainmenu.dll"
"Link2"="anet.inf"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\bzone]
"Link1"="BZ Icon.bmp"
"Link2"="bzhw.zfs"
"RHWGreaterAtScreen"=dword:3f41c359
"RHWLessAtScreen"=dword:358637bd
"StereoConvergence"=dword:405ccccc

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\CLIENT]
"Link1"="ShogoDem.exe"
"Link2"="B2Demo.exe"
"Link3"="Shogo.exe"
"Link4"="Sanity.exe"
"Link5"="neocron.ico"
"Link6"="Earth And Beyond_EZ.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\Crysis]
"Link1"="../Game/Music.pak"
"Link2"="../Game/Warhead_Music.pak"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\Demo]
"Link1"="Infestation.swg"
"Link2"="OperationFlashpointDemo.exe"
"Link3"="ZSetup.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\FFORCE]
"Link1"="standard.dll"
"Link2"="ffsetup.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\Game]
"Link1"="eforum.dll"
"Link2"="Eacsnd.dll"
"Link3"="codename.ico"
"Link4"="driver.ico"
"Link5"="StormGame.dll"
"Link7"="My Coasters.ico"
"Link10"="spell.exe"
"Link8"="Bin/SeriousSam.exe"
"Link9"="guardian.exe"
"Link12"="Emperor.exe"
"Link13"="InitVid.exe"
"Link14"="Uninst.isu"
"Link6"="tannhors.rpl"
"Link11"="mss32.dll"
"Link15"="fphover.class"
"Link16"="Mafia.url"
"Link17"="ijl10.dll"
"Link18"="Pilots.dat"
"Link19"="GameStarter.exe"
"Link20"="generals.exe"
"Link21"="SHGame.u"
"Link22"="Spider-Man 3.exe"
"Link23"="BeeMovie.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\LithTech]
"Link1"="NOLFDemo.exe"
"Link2"="NOLF.exe"
"Link3"="LegendsFL.exe"
"Link4"="dx7.snd"
"Link5"="Atlantis.exe"
"Link6"="legends.exe"
"Link7"="AVP2.exe"
"Link8"="NOLF2.exe"
"Link9"="Navy_Seals.exe"
"Link10"="sniper.ico"
"Link11"="ContractJackSpDemo.exe"
"Link12"="Tron.exe"
"Link13"="NSWMD.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\main]
"Link1"="Kao.exe"
"Link2"="Descent 3.exe"
"Link3"="xarlor.exe"
"Link4"="Descent 3 Demo 2.exe"
"Link5"="ZanzarahDemo.exe"
"Link6"="juno.exe"
"Link7"="property.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\mainapp]
"AutoConvergence"=dword:00000001
"AutoConvergenceAdjustPace"=dword:3d4ccccd
"StereoConvergence"=dword:bcb34e86
"Link1"="Madden06.exe"
"Link2"="Madden08.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\NoName]
"Link1"="jbs2.exe"
"Link2"="Blitz2KSR.exe"
"Link3"="gungallery.exe"
"Link4"="Rmg.exe"
"Link5"="MAD"
"Link6"="bugs.exe"
"Link7"="Trail of the Whitetail.exe"
"Link8"="DR2.exe"
"Link9"="Toons.exe"
"Link10"="EtherlordsD.exe"
"Link11"="WW2Game.exe"
"Link12"="Zorro.exe"
"Link13"="SOAFDemo.exe"
"Link14"="IronStormDemo.exe"
"Link15"="Meridian.exe"
"Link16"="BH-DW.exe"
"Link17"="IronMan.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\PG3]
"Link1"="PG3DrawD.dll"
"Link2"="PG3Draw.dll"
"RHWGreaterAtScreen"=dword:3cc2e771
"StereoConvergence"=dword:424b4ebe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\PNOCOMP]
"Link2"="Fthm.img"
"Link1"="d-Fens.bat"
"Link3"="DarkKnight.bat"
"Link4"="tpeop.ico"
"Link5"="Thundemo.ico"
"Link6"="Undead.bat"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\Pool]
"Link1"="poolmog.vsr"
"Link2"="pool.dat"
"RunTimeName"="Pool"
"RHWGreaterAtScreen"=dword:3e4ac77e
"StereoConvergence"=dword:40afb75e

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\Prism3d]
"Link1"="firefighter.exe"
"Link2"="shark.exe"
"Link3"="hu.exe"
"Link4"="DukeNukemMP.exe"
"Link5"="hu2demo.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\program]
"Link1"="AirXonix.exe"
"Link2"="RunMe.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\rally]
"Link1"="roadrage.cfg"
"Link2"="QMixer.dll"
"Link3"="Controls.jpg"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\SW]
"Link1"="Weapon.sw"
"Link2"="Res.rdt"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\tm]
"Link1"="lev1.bin"
"Link2"="TreadMarks.exe"
"StereoConvergence"=dword:4128e18d
"RHWGreaterAtScreen"=dword:3dd05e2f
"StereoOrthoEnable"=dword:00000000
"OpenGL"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\wcdemo]
"Link1"="Safari.hlp"
"Link2"="fifawc98.ico"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\WRUN]
"Link1"="sammy.wrs"
"Link2"="Wwmp2wmb.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\ViewerFiles]
"StereoViewerOptions"=dword:00000000
"LastOpenPath"="C:\\Windows\\system32"
Last edited by Bo_Fox on Tue May 19, 2009 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
8800GTX, 24" CRT (Sony GDM-FW900)
i7 920 @ 3.7GHz, Foxconn Bloodrage, WinXP-32 and Vista x64 SP2
3D shutters, 181.00 Forceware +162.50 S3D for WinXP

Other rig: 4870 1GB, i7 920 @ 4GHz, DFI T3eH8
24" LCD + IZ3D anaglyph, WinXP-32 and Win7 x64
Bo_Fox
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bo_Fox »

Oh, sorry how do I alphabetize the above? Edit: That is only for the anaglyph setup. I do not have the wireless 3D Vision glasses, just the wired ones but I stll cannot find a way to force it to work with my wired DDC shutterglasses.

iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

Thanks Bo,

Now we can take a look and compare them.

So I did a side-by-side comparison and here's the results:

Only 5 new entries are in 182.06 that are not in 162.50:
"StereoAdvancedHKConfig"=dword:00000001
"StereoForceCPLViewerType"=dword:00000001
"StereoMonitorID"=dword:01e0d94d (same value as "StereoDisplayID", both have that entry)
"StereoVisionConfirmed"=dword:00000001
"ToggleMemo"=dword:00000e2d

6 missing entries from 182.06 that are in 162.50:
"InterleavePattern0"=dword:55555555 (this appears only after you try interlaced mode)
"InterleavePattern1"=dword:55555555 (this appears only after you try interlaced mode)
"ModesetWarning"=dword:00000000
"StereoFirstTime"=dword:00000000
"StereoRsolution"="640x480"

I don't know if any of the new entries are useful but maybe someone will figure something out. I think there is another thread in which people try to use old shutterglasses by setting "StereoVisionConfirmed" to 1 even though they don't have a 3d-vision system. It didn't work. Please post if you know which thread that is.

The entries I'm interested in start with RHW. Bo, can you do me a favor? Do this test to see if the front and backplanes work. Run the nvidia logo test and hit Ctl-F7 to save the config, then make these entries in the NVSTTEST gameconfig:
"RHWGreaterAtScreen"=dword:3bd86ecc
"RHWLessAtScreen"=dword:3ab0254e

Disable HW-T&L if that option is still available and run the logo test twice. The second time, view it without the glasses and verify that the background is not doubled and verify that the small logo in the bottom left is also not doubled. Then use the Ctl-F9 and 10 to move the front-plane and Alt-F9 and 10 to move the back-plane. This will tell me if the planes still work in that driver version. Don't forget to enable the HW-T&L again and run the test at least once.

If you don't feel like it, that's OK.
System specs:
CPU: 3.2GHz Athlon 64 X2 6400
RAM: 800MHz 4GB dual channel mode
Video: geForce 8800GTS PCI-e, 640MB ram, driver 196.21
Bo_Fox
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bo_Fox »

Hey, none of it worked for me. About the thread with stereovisionconfirmed, it still did not make it work for me (with the older drives, it would allow me to access the Stereo options in the control panel), but I think Nvidia has tried to make it as foolproof as possible this time around. I cant remember where this thread was, that you wanted to dig up--just do a quick search on the forums.

I bet Nvidia wants to make sure that there's no work-around this time around, like with the 8800GTX (G80 series) and S-3D drivers enabling with the help of nHancer. Whatever, Nvidia, thanks a million.

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

[MESSAGE DELETED]

We do not support hacking activities on MTBS.

This is an S-3D Gaming advocacy group, and attempting to crack S-3D vendor software brings us no closer to our goals.

Please do not attempt to post content like "hacking" ideas again.

Thanks in advance,
Neil

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”