Drivers : eDimensional 3D Glasses - Windows 7 /GeForce8600GT

wiredlink
One Eyed Hopeful

Drivers : eDimensional 3D Glasses - Windows 7 /GeForce8600GT

Post by wiredlink »

Hello,

i'm struggeling here and I need your help.

What software and drivers do I need to setup my eDimensional 3D shutterglasses (wired) on my machine to play games in 3D?

my pc specifications
* DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6750, 2666 MHz (8x333)
* NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT (256MB)
* 2GB (DDR2) RAM
* Windows 7 64bit Ultimate (SP1)
* DirectX 11.0
* LCD Monitor (DVI/VGA)

I already tried, downloaded and installed the iZ3D driver, but it doesn't work! I read somewhere on the net, that these eDimensional 3D glasses also run with Nvidia's Vision Drivers. But it seemed that trying with the nvidia drivers its more like luck, to get it to work. Does anyone know maybe, what version of the nvidia drivers would be needed?

Thank You.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Drivers : eDimensional 3D Glasses - Windows 7 /GeForce86

Post by Fredz »

These glasses will only work with the old NVIDIA stereo driver under XP, which also supports only older GeForce GPUs (Series 7). I've read that some people could make it work with some Series 8 GPUs (8800 GTX, not sure about others), but I don't think this was possible with a 8600 GT. You would need to use very old drivers for that too.

If you want to keep Windows 7 and your GPU, the best thing to do would probably be to buy a 3D Vision kit, the wired one is quite affordable now. The other solution would be to downgrade to XP and buy the fastest series 7 GPU supported (7900 GTX), but I think your framerate will quite suffer in S3D.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Well first off, the edimensional glasses don't work with LCD monitors (despite their false advertising). Well technically its possible for them to work, but 99% chance it won't sync properly and flicker like crazy. While the glasses work with CRT monitors, your computer won't. To use the ed glasses and a CRT you would need to be runnning Windows XP and use an Nvidia 7900 GTX. You would also need to use really old drivers (like from 2007) so most newer titles will not run (especially not with the 7000 card). All in all, a crappy deal but thats the situation.

The other option, while still using your rig, is to buy a 120Hz 3D monitor and the Nvidia 3D Vision glasses. You can get both together for under $500. For example, the ASUS VG236H which is what I'm using ( http://www.amazon.com/VG236H-23-Inch-Mo ... B003V4AK2K" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ). This will give you access to the new Nvidia driver, which supports Windows 7 and newer Nvidia cards. This is a reasonable option, though it may be more expensive than you want to spend.

For a little cheaper, you can get a passive 3D monitor, like the LG D2342P-PM ( http://www.amazon.com/LG-D2342P-PN-23-I ... B004WK3R4U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ), which can be had for under $300. This comes with the glasses and everything. I have not seen this myself, but I have the Zalman monitor (which uses the same technology) and that is pretty nice. It will also work with a wider variety of hardware and software such as PS3, Blu-Ray players, Nvidia or AMD video cards, etc. Honestly, if you are on a budget you probably can't do better than this.

Unless you are on a *serious* budget and can't afford to spend any money. In that case I will send you a pair of 3D glasses for free, that will work with all the hardware you already have. Granted, these are cheap paper anaglyph glasses (the red/cyan colored types). I am shipping these worldwide, to anyone that wants. Just send me a PM with your full mailing address and I'll send the glasses. If you want to just buy some, then I recommend the Pro-Ana glasses. They are the best quality, lowest ghosting, anaglyph glasses. You can get them for under $10.

Hope that helps.
edu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by edu »

Hi, you can use TriDef drivers with your edimensional glasses (wired or wireless); this drivers are used also for almost of 3d devices not supported for nvidia vision and also work with ati cards, this TriDef drivers are supplied with lg 3d 60hz monitors. You can also use this option if you have a lcd 120hz monitor no supported by nvidia vision or with CRT monitors where with 85hz or more the results are good.

I used the TriDef drivers with the edimensional wireless glasses and the framerate is amazing, of course it depends of your machine power, but I tried other drivers and the result frame rates are bad or very bad (including iZ3d and the own edimensional supplied drivers). The TriDef drivers plays a more frame rate than the nvidia drivers (I only tried dirt2/3, grid, f1-2010, and several first person games however) although the 3d effect archieved by the 3d vision are different and I think that the 3d vision is a better 3d effect than the TriDef.

I also used the Edimensional glasses with TriDef drivers in my 60hz lcd full hd monitor and it works fine, however the quality of the 3d is poor becouse there are not enought hz for each eye and the 3d image appears as if up and low in brigth, but the 3d effect (in depth terms) is the same than in a lcd with 120hz (where the 3d image appears without up/down brightness). However you must sure that you run the game in the same resolution that your monitor support (only 1920x1080 in my case).
Neil

Post by Neil »

I had no idea that the old Edimensionals work with TriDef. Are you 100% sure about this?

What kind of displays are you syncing with? Just CRT, or something more modern?

Regards,
Neil
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

With the eDimensional activator these glasses should work with any type of frame-alternating 3D display (CRT, LCD, Plasma, DLP). The only problem is when the FPS is below 120 Hz you'll start to have eye inversions.
Neil

Post by Neil »

How often do the eye inversions happen?

Regards,
Neil
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

It depends on the ability of the rendering to not go below 120Hz and not miss frames, that's the problem with the technique used (software page flipping).

IIRC last time I tried with low resolution 3D videos which weren't taxing the CPU much, I got eye inversions every 2/3 seconds, quite annoying. When using a simple OpenGL demo locked to vsync it was more rare, but it still happened from time to time (approx. every 20-30 secs I'd say).

It's possible that 3D drivers like TriDef are able to mitigate the problem though, by calculating the time each frame is taking and inversing the rendering when a frame took too long. I think Stereoscopic Player did this also. Don't know what the frequency of inversions would be in this case though.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

You can use ddd tridef "interlaced reversed" mode with windows 8/7 for video games or watching movies. Also the media player Sview works with ED interlaced automatically. But in tridef you have to use the ED activator cause tridef don't seem to have blue/white line code. I am using a CRT with ed interlaced for video editing and 3d pictures.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
kokkorollo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kokkorollo »

hi everyone, i'm using edimensional glass with tridef driver, and ed activator.
i'm using the 14 day evaluation of tridef driver, and everything seems to work, but the image is not all looking god in 3d.
It seems that I can see in 3d only part of the image, the rest of the image is doubled (like if you see the image with no 3d glasses)

i have selected dimensional from tridef driver, than i select start 3d frm ed activator, also in reversed.

can someone tell me how I can resolve this, or maybe the exact option to enable to see in 3d?
thanks in advice.

Return to “General Hardware & Software Technical Support”