GTA IV

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
tehappon
One Eyed Hopeful

GTA IV

Post by tehappon »

Hi,
Has anyone else tried GTA IV in S-3D yet? I haven't gotten it to work :( Thought this could be so great in stereo but it just doesnt work! The menus have left and right eye seperated but as soon as the game starts it goes to normal mode. I can adjust the depth but it changes nothing. Any ideas?
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: GTA IV

Post by Neil »

Which S-3D driver are you using? iZ3D or NVIDIA?

Regards,
Neil
tehappon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tehappon »

I'm using the latest NVIDIA drivers.
Neil

Post by Neil »

What kind of 3D hardware are you running? Shutter glasses, Zalman, DLP, etc.?

Regards,
Neil
tehappon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tehappon »

I've got the Zalman 22" monitor.
Vista 32, 8800GT and AMD Athlon x2 5000+
Neil

Post by Neil »

Ok.

I'm not endorsing one solution over another, but as you have no choice until NVIDIA's next release, have you tried the iZ3D driver solution? You can download 1.09 in our downloads section. Make sure you install the entire package, and choose "Interlaced" as your output option.

Post your results.

Regards,
Neil
tehappon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tehappon »

I tried the iZ3D drivers but had no luck with them either. Now the menus had normal picture but when the game started the screen went dark and I couldnt see much. Tried changing the settings in the game and tried tweaking the iZ3D panel options too with no success.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

do you have problem with other games in interlace mode? did you have problem with dynamic test in iZ3D driver?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

tehappon wrote:Hi,
Has anyone else tried GTA IV in S-3D yet? I haven't gotten it to work :( Thought this could be so great in stereo but it just doesnt work! The menus have left and right eye seperated but as soon as the game starts it goes to normal mode. I can adjust the depth but it changes nothing. Any ideas?
Wow that sucks. I had high hopes for GTA4. Maybe it will work with the iz3D driver...
tehappon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tehappon »

The iZ3D dynamic test worked. Max Payne 2 worked with the iZ3D drivers too.

GTA4 with NVIDIA drivers: First Rockstargames logo normal 2D, the second one is stereo and so are the game menus (not easy to read). The loading pictures are in "stereo" (picture of the city is deeper than the characters). As soon as the game starts it's back to 2D mode (looks the same with or without the polarized glasses).

GTA4 with iZ3D drivers: Everything is in 2D mode untill the game starts. Then it's dark. I can only see bright lights and everything leaves a trail when I move the camera around.

There isnt much you can do in the game video settings and changing them didn't help.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

ok - let us try to check it tomorrow in our lab - we've just bought this game - did not test yet...
OllyLuck
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by OllyLuck »

is there any new news about you guys testing gta4 ?
im trying to run it with your drivers, but i have just a dark screen aswell cant see a thing ?
Shaman
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Shaman »

I have the same problem with this game, dark screen and no 3D ! ! ! :(
tehappon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tehappon »

http://www.gta4.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; says there are new GeForce v180.84 drivers for getting the best experience with GTA4. But are the new drivers compatible with NVIDIA or iZ3D s-3d drivers?
BlackQ, how did your testing go?
OllyLuck
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by OllyLuck »

the new drivers are good for alittle more performance in gta4 ,but the stereo 3d drivers still do not work with them, the nvidia old march stereo drivers work but there is to much seperation with them that you cant zero in like with the iz3d drivers.
OllyLuck
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by OllyLuck »

just wondering if there was any update news on the gta4 pc game ,if maybe you found a solution to why there is darkness in game when using your stereo 3d drivers ?
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

we corrected this bug in 1.10 - doing testing now
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

cool. How far is the first bet of 1.10? And will it have DX10 or was that the 2.0 version?
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

no 1.10 has not DX10 - version 2.00 has.

1.10 in alpha debugging - hope to have beta before the end of year
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Whats the latest on this nVidia-wise? All I can find is nVidia were working with Rockstar to get 3D working back in February but nothing since then.

And what about iz3D? GTA IV crashes when you have the latest beta of iz3D enabled.

There is something extreamly fishy about the RAGE engine, why can't Supersampling AA be forced? Why is all the 3D at the same depth... Why do objects dither in... (These 3 things point to a Software Rendering Engine btw)

Edit: Im pretty sure its a Hybrid Engine, uses both GPU and CPU for rendering. BlackQ can you confirm this?
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”