IL 2 Sturmovik 1946

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
The_Doctor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

IL 2 Sturmovik 1946

Post by The_Doctor »

If anybody can get this to work with the new nvidia drivers please post here what you did. Can't get it to work and it used to work with the old drivers and iz3d.
Darkbluesky
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: IL 2 Sturmovik 1946

Post by Darkbluesky »

And it worked also with old 16x.x nvidias and CRTS and DLP projectors...BTW has you tried it in OGL or DX? Has you tested any other OGL game (DoomIII, quakes, etc) to see if NVIDIA has dropped/blocked OGL support (temporally)? If so, then I'm afraid IL2 or the upcoming SOW:BOB doesn't have too much chances of working...they are native OGL with DX wrapper (at least IL2)
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Darkbluesky wrote:And it worked also with old 16x.x nvidias and CRTS and DLP projectors...BTW has you tried it in OGL or DX? Has you tested any other OGL game (DoomIII, quakes, etc) to see if NVIDIA has dropped/blocked OGL support (temporally)? If so, then I'm afraid IL2 or the upcoming SOW:BOB doesn't have too much chances of working...they are native OGL with DX wrapper (at least IL2)
Yes, I tried OpenGl, it even says in the nvidia games compatibility list to try opengl, but for Il 2 Sturmovik (not 1946).
Darkbluesky
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Darkbluesky »

The_Doctor wrote:
Yes, I tried OpenGl, it even says in the nvidia games compatibility list to try opengl, but for Il 2 Sturmovik (not 1946).
And the original IL2 Sturmovik does work, at least? Have you been able to test it? That could confirm us that the problem is game specific and not OGL related...

I would like to hear from people if some OGL game actually works
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

I don't know, I don't have the orginal, just a package with everything and it installs 1946 but has all the older stuff included.
Darkbluesky
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Darkbluesky »

I found a presentation of NVIDIA Stereo at NVISION08 which gives some home user explanations but also technical (developer) ones. But in the last slide, they talk about adding two options in the registry to enable compatibility with some games, maybe you could try to add that and then test IL2 1946 in OGL and DX?

Full presentation link

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/nvis ... tereo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

I am not using it anymore, maybe somebody else can help?
quakelore
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by quakelore »

I was hoping that a bump to this thread might result in somebody swinging by and being able to help. I just picked up a used copy of this game for super cheap and am enthralled with the idea of playing an air fighting game in 3D on my HD monitor ( I am currently using a samsung lcd hdtv with 3D capability). So far it seems like we are close but no cigar. What gives? I know there are a few people here who have been placed by IT staffing, maybe you can help.
Last edited by quakelore on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Search for GLDirect in this forum, it will link to a post talking about transforming OpenGL calls to Direct3D calls on the fly to support the 3D Vision driver.

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”