Dying Light.

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
mkultra333
Cross Eyed!

Dying Light.

Post by mkultra333 »

Got Dying Light the other day. A pretty fun open world zombie game, with a novel parkour twist. Out of the box it is a stereoscopic mess.

There's a Helix Mod for it, they'd done a lot of work to try and get it working. Unfortunately, I didn't really find it that great. I had a lot of issues with it, shadows really messed up in a lot of situations, and when it does work (walking around outdoors) the framerate is not very good. Apparently others have found it acceptable, so YMMV. Maybe worth a shot, the mod comes with an uninstall.bat so you don't have much to lose giving it a try.

I had a lot more success with compatibility mode (depth buffer fake 3D). Using Nvidia Inspector I deleted the Dying Light profile and then assigned Dying Light to the Far Cry 4 profile, a trick I read elsewhere. This worked really well. The worst part is the blur around your weapon, but I got used to that very quickly. There's also the usual minor issues with the gui having weird depth effects, but it isn't too bad. Everything else looks really good, and of course the framerate is pretty much the same as non-stereo.

How to enable depth buffer 3d in DX11 games.
http://helixmod.blogspot.com.au/2014/08 ... 3d-to.html

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”