3 NEW DLP Projectors in the works..

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

3 NEW DLP Projectors in the works..

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hey all you 3Ders,

I am finally getting some new DLP Projectors for my Rig.. I have decided on the Acer 1261P DLP PRojectors from Acer.. I have a Home Theater DLP PRojector from Acer and that has treated me well over the years. I still have the original Bulb too..

Well It is going to take 3 months over all to get all 3 but it shall be worth the wait.. I can't wait till I can game at 120hz (60Hz) per eye better then the 75hz I have been putting up with for a few years now..

I have a eVGA 660GTX so I don't need a 2nd card currently as this will drive all 3 Projectors.. I just need to get a HDMI to VGA Adapter as the 3rp port is HDMI I believe. I am going to have to check the Booklet to see what it is.. I can look on the back of the PC but I don't feel like getting down there to look I juist might have too hehe!!

WEll was wondering on what you all thought of the Acer 1261P any news on it from a member here??
I would like to hear your thoughts on the Projector if you owned it..

I can hardly wait.. After I get the 3 Projectors I will decide then if I need a 2nd Video Card..Since my FPS are so high now with the single card I don't see them going drastically much lower then they do know.. But I made a thread over at SimHQ with Screenshots of the games I play and the FPS in the Screenshot for Future reference..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: 3 NEW DLP Projectors in the works..

Post by The_Nephilim »

The_Nephilim wrote:Hey all you 3Ders,

I am finally getting some new DLP Projectors for my Rig.. I have decided on the Acer 1261P DLP PRojectors from Acer.. I have a Home Theater DLP PRojector from Acer and that has treated me well over the years. I still have the original Bulb too..

Well It is going to take 3 months over all to get all 3 but it shall be worth the wait.. I can't wait till I can game at 120hz (60Hz) per eye better then the 75hz I have been putting up with for a few years now..

I have a eVGA 660GTX so I don't need a 2nd card currently as this will drive all 3 Projectors.. I just need to get a HDMI to VGA Adapter as the 3rp port is HDMI I believe. I am going to have to check the Booklet to see what it is.. I can look on the back of the PC but I don't feel like getting down there to look I juist might have too hehe!!

WEll was wondering on what you all thought of the Acer 1261P any news on it from a member here??
I would like to hear your thoughts on the Projector if you owned it..

I can hardly wait.. After I get the 3 Projectors I will decide then if I need a 2nd Video Card..Since my FPS are so high now with the single card I don't see them going drastically much lower then they do know.. But I made a thread over at SimHQ with Screenshots of the games I play and the FPS in the Screenshot for Future reference..

OK I ran into my first problem.. It states on the NVidia website I can NOT use a Display port to VGA Connector?? I looked at the hookup guide for Single and this is what I get Can I use the accessory connector??:

OK According to those charts I need to use either 3 DVI or 3 Digital connectors and I can NOT mix and match them they need to be either all digital or all analog.. So from looking at this chart I will NEED To Purchase a 2nd video card.. IF that turns out to be true why didn't NVidia just put in a 3rd DVI Connector on the 1 card instead of HDMI and Display port that is stupid..

While I was looking at this thread it might be possible to use the HDMI to a VGA Adapter?? I will be using DVI to VGA Adapter so I think I can use a HDMI to VGA Adapter sound correct??
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

WEll I need to read the 2nd pic slower next time it states there I can mix and match the connectors with a 3D Projector.. Looks like I don't need a 2nd card and Ill start buying the projectors..
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

OK I have a new problem I need to resolve.. The Acer 1261P Only uses a VGA connector now is it possible for a VGA connector to do 120hz?? What wire should I sue to hookup the Projector to my PC??
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I think I solved that problem I can use ANY Connection to hookup the projector. so I am going to use a Display port to VGA connector.. I also can use the VGA Cables it will pass 120hz..

I am on facelifting my setup along with 3 new projectors.. I plan on getting some VGA Wall plates to hookup my Projectors and take the wires I have hanging from the ceiling and put them into the wall and clean it up a bit to make it look more professional..

I also am looking at buying a used 1261P that the seller says the red light comes on but will not bootup.. WEll I think I can either get it fixed for cheap or it is the bulb that is blown and all it needs is a new bulb..

Either way I think I am going to take a chance on buying the non working projector..Hopefully if it is in fact broke I can get it repaired at acer on the cheap..hopefully I can and it will be less then the cost of a new one..
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I finally got he first of the 3 new Projectors, all I can say is WOW the S3D is so much better without Flicker.. ;)

I am hoping to get the other 2 but first I have some Financial matters to take care of then I will be golden..
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

I bought the 2nd projector... Hopefully it will have some good hours left on the bulb as it is a used projector..
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

OK Back to Square 1. I am not sure but I think I am unable to use the DVI-I and Diplay port connection. I will need to get an active converter to convert the digital signal to analog..

I am thinking If I do use the single card I will need a Activer converter for the DVI-D and Display port connection to my VGA Connection on the DLP PRojectors, am I correct in this assumption??
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Why do you need to use VGA? What projector is this?
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

That is the connection it uses.. the Projector is the Acer X1261P..

With the above mentions I can use ANY Connection to connect the Projectors.. Now I am trying to find a DVI-D to VGA Converter that does 120hz, NOT an ADAPTER.. I found a 120hz Display port converter..
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

OK it is all clear to me know.. If I can NOT find a DVI-D to VGA Converter @120hz I will need to get a 2nd video card and a display port to VGA Active converter..

Here is the chart with a 2nd vid card. I can use the 2 DVI-I connectors and a display port if I can not find a DVI-D to VGA Converter..

Kinda stinks but guess that is the way they designed the card.. I wish they would have used a 2nd DVI-I slot on the 1 card..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Sorry I can't be of more help, that is a unique situation.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

cybereality wrote:Sorry I can't be of more help, that is a unique situation.

Well perhaps you may be able to help.. I am trying to locate a DVI-D to VGA Active Converter that can pass 120hz @ 1024x768..

I know which connections to use in the video card I just need the Active Converters to pass 120hz.. I emailed StarTech.com which makes such an converter but they did not email me back, but I am going to give them a call tomorrow..

Worst comes to worst I'll get a 2nd Video card and use the 2 DVI-I Connections and use a Display port to VGA Active Converter that I know is able to pass 120hz..

Thnx for at least posting here..I think my next set of projectors are going to be Digital ones these analog connections are going by the wayside.. If ONLY the Graphics card manufacterers made 2 DVI-I Ports on their Video cards I would NOT have this problem..
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Don't know much about converters, but if your PC can handle a second card it seems that would be a bigger win.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well that is the Final nail in that coffin it looks as the DVI-D to VGA Converter is a Bust as it ONLY will pass 60hz :( ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Well I will NEED to Purchase a 2nd video card and a display port to VGA Active converter for sure know. I sure hope the Display port to VGA Converter will work or I don't know what I am going to do...

Damn Companies why didn't they just allow 2 DVI-I connectors to be put in the Video Card vs 1 DVI-I and DVI-D Connector?? seems stupid to allow that when they are certifying Analog Projectors??
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I am in a Bigger mess then I first Thought.. The 2nd video card idea may be NOT an Option either.. I we looking for a Display Port to VGA Connector to hook up and thing is they have an DVI-D Connector which I can NOT hook to a VGA Connector.. The DVI-D to VGA Converter is also a bust because they ONLY make ones that pass 60hz signal and I need 120hz..

Man I wish I could talk to the genious who certified the Acer X1261P PRojector and ask him how to hook this up, as I am unable to figure it out..

I do know 1 thing is that the ONLY way Possible is to get a 3RD Video card and I am NOT going to do that as the cost has skyrocketed in order to do that..

So know I am thinking of selling these and try to find a Digital Certified NVidia 3D PRojector and go that route I am really at a loss as to what NVidia is thinking or whoever was responsible for making these 3D Projectors with VGA Connectors??
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

OK Im cooking with Gas know..

I found a Workaround. but first I would like to confirm if any nVida card in the 4xx series or Above have a card with 2 DVI-I Dual Link Connectors on them.. I know a 480GTX has them just trying to find the newest card I can get with 2 DVI-I Dual Link Connectors on them..

I was looking on the net but they DONT specifiy if they are "I" or D"" so I am needing your direct help oif you own any of these cards. thnx..

Also here is a Pic of what the DVI connectors look like incase you are NOT familiar with the Different DVI Plugs:

https://www.google.com/search?q=dvi&tbm ... 24&bih=632
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

The_Nephilim wrote:OK Im cooking with Gas know..

I found a Workaround. but first I would like to confirm if any nVida card in the 4xx series or Above have a card with 2 DVI-I Dual Link Connectors on them.. I know a 480GTX has them just trying to find the newest card I can get with 2 DVI-I Dual Link Connectors on them..

I was looking on the net but they DONT specifiy if they are "I" or D"" so I am needing your direct help oif you own any of these cards. thnx..

Also here is a Pic of what the DVI connectors look like incase you are NOT familiar with the Different DVI Plugs:

https://www.google.com/search?q=dvi&tbm ... 24&bih=632

OK I found a Solution. I will be going Old school once again as nVida dropped the ball again.. I can use a 5x series nVida crd as they have the DVI-I connectors I need.. So I just have to decide on a 2 570GTX's or 2 580GTX's.. I will start pricing them now thnx guys..

Please nVidia get on the ball..
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I have the GTX 470 and it has 2 DVI-I ports, but I guess you already figured it out.

If it makes you feel any better, Nvidia claimed this Lenovo laptop was 3D supported, and I bought it only to find it out wasn't.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I guess sucks for us both tho ;)

I lost sleep over this fiasco NVidia really screwed the pooch on this again..
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

cybereality wrote:I have the GTX 470 and it has 2 DVI-I ports, but I guess you already figured it out.

If it makes you feel any better, Nvidia claimed this Lenovo laptop was 3D supported, and I bought it only to find it out wasn't.
Well Cyber I have to go with the cheaper Option and that is stick with these Acer Projectors as the cost are skyrocketing for the newer system..

I was up to about 2000bucks before I pulled the plug just too damn expensive for me..

I will send this defective projector back and that should get me close to getting all 3 in about 16 days.. I will need to get a 590GTX Video card which is about 350- 400 bucks on ebay..
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I found a Guy over at a forums I visit who is going to sell me his 590GTX for 375, Is that a good deal I seen them going for higher on ebay??

He Told me to email him a few days before I get paid for him to take the card out and box it all up.. I am getting excite. Little mad at NVidia but hey mostly my fault but they should update that aging site.. most of those projectors are long out of Production..

I will be glad when I am triple 3d Screening again..
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Seems like a fair price to me.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I was brought a new problem that I may have with the 590 was wondering if perhaps you knew??

I was told that I may not be able to use the DVI-I first connector to an analog device, I think he is wrong but I need to get conformation that all 3 devices will work in 3D surround with 3 analog Projectors as he said the first connector needed to be digital??
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Not sure. Can't remember the last time I used an analog cable.

But I did use a 690 at work, and it was very particular about which monitors were plugged into which ports.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

cybereality wrote:Not sure. Can't remember the last time I used an analog cable.

But I did use a 690 at work, and it was very particular about which monitors were plugged into which ports.

Yes The 690 has 2 digital ports ONLY and 1 Digital and analog Port.. You can NOT plug a Analog Monitor into a Digital Port. You can ONLY if you use an active adapter..but I checked and most active adpaters only pass 60hz, I need 120hz :(

THNX tho I thin it will work just gonna gave to be a guinnea pig again and see for my self as everybody I ask just keeps quoting what NVidia is saying and not from first hand experience..
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well After a much too do, I finally had gotten all 3 Projectors and the eVGA 590GTX Video card and been tweaking it for about a month.. I also added a TrackIR to the mix and I must say After I finally configured that too my liking I don't see How I flew my Flight simulators all those years without it.

Well here are a few video of it in action minus the S3D:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPF7KmN3lTM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQqHx1TMeII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAUfXsViYRo
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Looks great.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Yes Thnx Nthusim is going to be a great thing when I go with a curved screen.. It looks like I can make the screen a bit bigger to add the immersion..

Cant wait for the new year to kick off as will the new screen..

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”