New Vid Card now 3D FPS are High???

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

New Vid Card now 3D FPS are High???

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hey Everybody,,

I just bought a new video card and with my old 480 when I played a game in S3D the FPS where Always 38 as we all know it cuts the FPS to Hlaf of the Refresh rate wich for my setup is 75hz..

Now Funny thing with the new vid card most my games are higher then 38 FPS, Why I dont know but I am loving the increased FPS in most my games..Does anybody know the reason my FPS are higher with the new video card vs the 480??

Wierd things but this has been the best wierd thing to happen.. I am on the verge of updating to some new Cerrtified DLP PRojectors and this was a pleasant surprise..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: New Vid Card now 3D FPS are High???

Post by Neil »

What kind of card is the new GPU?

Regards,
Neil
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Oops, I forgot to update my sig but the card is an eVGA 660Super Clocked..I am using the 314.07 drivers??
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Well I would sure hope you get higher frame rates with a new card. Otherwise it would be a downgrade.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

cybereality wrote:Well I would sure hope you get higher frame rates with a new card. Otherwise it would be a downgrade.

I may have not explained correctly so here it is another way.... With 3D Enabled you can Only get half the FPS of your refresh rate sort of like having vSync enabled..

With my old 480GTX the FPS in ALL my Games with 3D Enabled was 38FPS Half of my Refresh rate of 75.. ISnt that how it is supposed to work??

With the new card and 3D Enabled I get more the what half my refresh rate is which is 75H that would equate to 38FPS with 3D Enabled..so like in Arma I was getting 61 with 3D Enabled..

Am I the only one who has noticed this phenomena getting only Half the FPS of your refresh rate.. is that not why nVidia made the rtefresh rate to 120hz so people got better frames then if they ran 75hz??
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Interesting. Haven't tried a projector like that so I don't know what to tell you. For 3D to work (at least with active shutter) you will be splitting the refresh rate in half for each eye. So a 120Hz screen will split to 60Hz per eye. The game itself does not have to be updating at exactly the same rate. For example, the game could be really slow and only get 20FPS, but the screen always refreshes at 120Hz and the glasses still too. And the game FPS could be 200 or 300 w/ v-sync off, it wouldn't change the refresh of the display or the glasses.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I always thought the the FPS you get if the card can do it will be a max of half the Refresh rate with 3D Enabled?? I always got 38FPS which is half of 75 whis 75hz was my refresh rate.. Now While I had the 480 and 3D Enabled when I turned it OFF the FPS always went higher but NOT while 3D Was Enabled??

Does this NOT happen with LCD Monitors too?? where the max FPS will be half of your Refresh rate with 3D enabled??

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”