Resident Evil 5 - severe ghosting :(

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
AussieMike
Two Eyed Hopeful

Resident Evil 5 - severe ghosting :(

Post by AussieMike »

Hey guys,

I've just started playing resident evil 5 on my new setup. I was very excited about experiencing this game in 3d as I loved in on the ps3.
Anyways, theres so much ghosting that it's pretty much unplayable! I also play bf3, and there is some ghosting, but with RE5 it's so extreme that I can't play the game.
It seems to be super-bad with dark objects on a white background.

Even when I turn the contrast of my monitor right down to zero, there's still ghosting.

I'm wondering if perhaps my hardware is faulty, i dont have the right/updated drivers, or there's a patch for the game.

I'm playing with Nvidia 3d vision 2 and an Asus VG278HE. Do you think the monitor or 3d vision may be faulty?

Cheers,
Michael
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Resident Evil 5 - severe ghosting :(

Post by Fredz »

Maybe it's only related to high contrast zones that could be more frequent in this particular game ? Posting photos taken through your glasses could help people with the same monitor compare with their own experience.
AussieMike
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Resident Evil 5 - severe ghosting :(

Post by AussieMike »

No worries, I'll take some photo's tonight and post them up.

One thing I should mention - occasionally the 3d vision stops working, and I see double images with very off colours (e.g. everything is in a red tint), and no 3d through the glasses, even though 3d vision thinks it's turned on. This has happened a few times, and I figured the 3d vision and/or monitor has crapped itself, but then it fixes itself.

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”