Skyrim: how to make this game blow your mind

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
mindw0rk
One Eyed Hopeful

Skyrim: how to make this game blow your mind

Post by mindw0rk »

Lots of people agree that Skyrim looks amazing in 3D. The truth is, you can make it not just amazing. You can make it the most immersive and mind-blowing game ever created. All you need is high-end PC and follow my instructions:

1. Make fresh install of Skyrim.
2. Get this torrent file: http://www.4shared.com/file/XW4FlLVQ/Ul ... kyrim.html?
This is my Ultra High-Res texture pack with Superb ENB-RL (the only ENB I could find, that works perfectly with 3D fix), you can open and download it with program called uTorrent.
3. Extract everything in archive to Skyrim folder, press yes to overwrite.
4. Find where on your drive are Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini. Overwrite them with .ini files from 11111 folder. If you have other then 1920x1080 resolution, open SkyrimPrefs.ini and find
iSize W=
iSize H=
Change them for resolution that you play with.
5. Rename d3d9.dll to d3d9enb.dll
6. Extract Helix fix (https://s3.amazonaws.com/-HeliX-/skyrim.3DVis.zip) to game folder
7. Open DX9Settings.ini, add in [General] this line (should be first):
ProxyLib = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\d3d9enb.dll
Change the path if you have Skyrim installed in differend folder.
8. Open game launcher and make sure every .esp and .esm in Data Files is checked.
9. Enjoy Skyrim in its full glory. And let me know if you liked it.

I warn you, this beast requires at least GTX 680 video card to get decent FPS. Everything lower you check at your own risk.
Zloth
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Skyrim: how to make this game blow your mind

Post by Zloth »

Which high rez texture pack is it really so we can get it from Nexus?

The game with the HeliX fixes is pretty amazingly awesome. Every time the sun rose or set I would blow half an hour taking screenshots! There's a boatload in the galleries here.

Oh, and you really don't need "decent" FPS in this game. The combat isn't the kind where you need split-second timing so crank it up until the framerate gets down into the 20's!
"Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of."
- They Might Be Giants
eqzitara1
Cross Eyed!

Post by eqzitara1 »

Post in on helixs comments. I find skyrim modding extremely intimidating lol.
polorsport
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by polorsport »

Would 2 GTX 580's running in SLI be able to run this mod?
Zloth
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zloth »

Well, heaven only knows what ENB pref he's pointing at with that torrent thing but typically, you should be able to run it fine on one 580.

I tried The Wilds ENB and it looked very nice... until I turned 3D on. The left eye was seeing MANY double images. I tried with just the plain old ENB with no special preferences and it looked far better but there were still anomolies here and there.

What has worked well for me is the Imaginator (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13049). No injections or any other funky stuff, just a spell that lets you make lots of changes to colors. A little "pixar" really made Skyrim look a lot more interesting.

I guess one of the patches over the past few months made it so shadows cast by your character onto his/herself show up? Jeez, they look HORRIBLE! I have never, in all my days of gaming, seen this effect work well. Even if the shadows are high rez card-melters they still look wrong because they are far too dark and sharp. Google turned up a setting to turn the feature off but it seems it only works in Oblivion. Mid-day screenshots are going to have to be landscape only from here on out.
"Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of."
- They Might Be Giants
mindw0rk
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mindw0rk »

There are updated links at Nvidia forums for this texture pack:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... ing-in-3d/

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”