XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
Zloth
Two Eyed Hopeful

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Post by Zloth »

Well that's odd. The demo for the game worked with 3D Vision (though rather badly). The released game doesn't seem to work with 3D Vision at all, though. Does anyone know the story on this?
"Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of."
- They Might Be Giants
eqzitara1
Cross Eyed!

Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Post by eqzitara1 »

Ur nuts for wanting to play it in 3d but. Go into XCOMENGINE.INI (its in documents)
change to that from false
AllowNvidiaStereo3d=True

I am working on something but I really need to fix/remove fog of war shadows....not sure if I will ever be happy enough to post in on the blog. If your gonna burn out ur eyes playing it as is you might as well use it.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/HelixMods/xcom ... erride.zip
Press O in mission P out of mission. You can bind conv/depth to each key.

It may take some tweaking but convergence should scale the hud.
Zloth
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zloth »

Actually, the reason I was concerned was because there would be no way for you and HeliX to fix it up nice if nobody could turn it on. ;) I'm VERY glad to hear you're already on it!
"Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of."
- They Might Be Giants
eqzitara1
Cross Eyed!

Post by eqzitara1 »

Well I wouldnt be too excited about a patch. I need Helix for shadows/fog of war and he cant look at every single game. I also seem to be crashing a lot. I need to figure out whats causeing it, but that is also a huge problem.

Yea, thats same thing you do in pretty much any unreal game if it doesnt load 3d. Basically developer knows it looks poop in 3d and just deactivates it.

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”