Inversion

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
thisisnotmyrealname
One Eyed Hopeful

Inversion

Post by thisisnotmyrealname »

I grabbed this from Amazon last night, on sale for $10 and activates on steam, and although the 3D is incredible I'm having issues with it. I was wondering if anyone here is currently playing it and how it was going for them.

My issue is both repeatable, during the cutscene at the end of the apartment level near the beginning of the game, and random. The issue is it locks up for a second, the screen flashes like it loses signal, it kicks me out of fullscreen and I'm left with part of a window, usually just white, and the game continues to run, I hear the audio. I can ctrl+alt+del out of it and close it but then when I tried to run the game again I noticed I was in 3D Vision Discovery mode, instead of DLP mode. If I try to change it in the Nvidia control panel it doesn't register, I have to restart windows, change back to DLP mode, until it happens again.

This has never happened before with any other game. I'm currently using a PNY XLR8 GeForce GTX 670, everything else runs fine, played Alan Wake, Just Cause 2 demo, Sleeping Dogs 2 demo, etc, and before that I was using PNY XLR8 GeForce GTX 550 ti and played through Dead Space 1 & 2, etc.

Other than the issue I'm experiencing the game's decent, the 3D is excellent, the game itself is like Gears of War, Silent Hill: Downpour, Rage and Infamous had a baby. Reminds me more of a Gameloft game than a Namco game.
Zloth
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Inversion

Post by Zloth »

Sounds to me like the driver is choking. There could be one particular graphic effect causing issues or it could be a combination of them.

My first step would be to turn ALL the eye candy off, including 3D, to see if it still has problems. If that works, start turning things on until it starts breaking. Eventually you can zero in on the problem.

Assuming you do come up with one particular feature that doesn't work you can try for extra points. Turn ALL the eye candy off again except for the problem feature and see if the problem still happens. If not, then it's probably a combination of factors.
"Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of."
- They Might Be Giants
thisisnotmyrealname
One Eyed Hopeful

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely give it a try when I get time and post back. It's just really odd that the glitch kicks it out of active 3d and into passive and then won't let it back into active 3d until reboot.
thisisnotmyrealname
One Eyed Hopeful

I've tried running it with all the settings either off or as low as possible and it still happens, the one thing I've found out though is when it kicks me out of the game I can just alt-tab back into it and the 3D is fine, but ctrl-alt-del'ing and forcing Inversion to close by end process for whatever reason makes the 3D lock up and then it get's stuck in 3D Vision Discover mode.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the way the game displays, handles fullscreen. Even though I'm running the game in fullscreen and at my desktop resolution, when the game starts it starts in a small white window in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then switches to fullscreen, when I get kicked out of the game all I can see is that small white window, the display is zoomed in on it, until I alt-tab, then it switches back to me being able to see the whole desktop, and eventually back into the game.

Well at least it's a bit more playable now, if it acts up I just pause it until I get back into the game.
eqzitara1
Cross Eyed!

Post by eqzitara1 »

Crashed at stairs, turned off 3d for it second time around. Then reactivated, no problem since. Thanks.

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”