3D Vision Live

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
Zloth
Two Eyed Hopeful

3D Vision Live

Post by Zloth »

Hmmm, no mention of this in the NVIDIA forum? Well, I should probably pop something in here...

http://www.3dvisionlive.com

The website allows users to upload pictures and videos. I've used both (especially the pictures) and they work pretty well. As near as I can tell, there are no upload limits yet though I expect those are coming.

The picture side accepts pictures in JPS, PNS, MPO, and some other formats. Images are shrunk to fit the user's desktop resolution which can hurt a bit but isn't too bad. I think they are still having problems either with dual monitors or dual video cards but I'm not sure which. (I've only got one of each.) It appears to work with all major browsers. They can display anaglyph but the site is clearly meant for 3D Vision. People without 3D can pick the right or left image to view.

The video side (which is run by a completely different contractor) has been getting some updates lately. They now accept uploads in MP4 format and you can pick if it's crosseyed or not. The whole upload thing is pretty new but it seems to work. Unlike YouTube, you don't have to view the site with a certain version of a certain browser and you don't have to horizontally compress your video to upload it. On the minus side, nobody can see your video unless they have 3D Vision. I don't see any option to view in 2D.

Sample video (I recorded this in half resolution with FRAPS then converted it to MP4): http://www.3dvisionlive.com/ugc/18720/c ... old-school
Sample pic (a straight-up PNS screenshot at 1920x1080 taken with the NVIDIA drivers and uploaded): http://photos.3dvisionlive.com/Zloth/im ... a6e00002c/
"Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of."
- They Might Be Giants
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: 3D Vision Live

Post by cybereality »

Yep. They've got some cool content on the site.
Neil

Post by Neil »

[stimg='Peter Lee and Neil Schneider at the iGO3D Fan Expo 3D Gaming Competition' url=http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/albums/us ... CF1184.jpg]http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/albums/us ... CF1184.jpg[/stimg]

Nvidia's 3D Vision gallery is ok I guess, but when it comes showing 3D images on the web, they can do better. MTBS' gallery supports all formats including Nvidia 3D Vision, AMD HD3D, interlaced, dual output, anaglyph, and more. More than that, you can thumbnail the gallery images in other forums (though immediately viewable 3D thumbnails are limited to MTBS because of HTML5 limitations). Special thanks to the genius work of Kirill Gavrilov and his sView platform.

We contacted Nvidia asking for coding to improve our support of their glasses in our galleries even further. We weren't even asking for anything in return. Sadly, our request was denied.

When Nvidia's 3D Vision Live site is able to showcase the above image on all GPUs and available 3D solutions, I'll be impressed. Until then, please limit image sharing in the forums to the MTBS gallery or a similarly non-proprietary service. This site is intended for everyone to enjoy 3D, not just one brand.

Regards,
Neil
Zloth
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zloth »

All formats but not all browsers. I can't see that in 3D without downloading.
"Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of."
- They Might Be Giants
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Zloth,

Sorry for the late reply. Fan Expo just finished yesterday.

MTBS' gallery works on Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. It has some functionality with Internet Explorer, but yeah, it's definitely disadvantaged because of the way IE handles third party code. However, similar to Flash or any number of other web platforms, it's a minor effort to download the plug-in (the browser links directly to the required download from within the image window). We are expecting this limited IE functionality to be a temporary setback, by the way.

Why the heck aren't you using Firefox, anyway?!?

Regards,
Neil
Zloth
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zloth »

<shrug> Why bother? IE9 is working fine for me - except for this thing. And soon even this will work!
- They Might Be Giants
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

If you want modern features, you need a modern browser.

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”