DCS A10C in nvidia 3Dvision: Help!

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
Blackbelter
One Eyed Hopeful

DCS A10C in nvidia 3Dvision: Help!

Post by Blackbelter »

In a nutshell: not working.

I modified the registry according previous threads, no luck. When in the game, I pressed Ctrl+T, which is nvidia's shortcut to enter/exit the stereo3d mode, I can see a tiny bit of visual change, eg the screen becomes brighter, and the texts are less blurry after the pressing. But I see no depth whatsoever before and after.

I have tried the latest 300.10 and the latest beta 300.24 iirc the names. I had to manually creat the dcs folder in the registry in both cases, and the same experience after that.

My configuration: i5 3570K at 4.4GHz, Asus p8z77v pro, gtx 680, lg 42lw6500 using zalman edid. I am running Dcs a10c 1.1.0.

Btw, the 3d test and 3d photo viewer that came with the nvidia driver both work fine.

Any help is appreciated.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: DCS A10C in nvidia 3Dvision: Help!

Post by cybereality »

Can you try adjusting the depth and convergence? Do you see the OSD? Maybe it just a matter of having really low settings.
Blackbelter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Blackbelter »

cybereality wrote:Can you try adjusting the depth and convergence? Do you see the OSD? Maybe it just a matter of having really low settings.
Thanks for the suggestion! I did try adjusting the depth. The greet bar showing that the depth is being adjusted, but I see no difference. I didn't try convergence adjustment. Maybe I'll try this later. I don't put any hope in it. Thanks again.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Try holding down the convergence button (Control + F6) for a while and see if anything changes. Sometimes the value can be so low it just looks 2D. You have to enable it in the Nvidia settings under "Advanced hotkeys" if you haven't already. Also make sure you are running the game in DirectX9 mode, sometimes older (or newer) versions of DirectX are not as compatible.
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

A quick google says that A10 is not compatible with 3D Vision. Dunno why, BlackShark works fine?

However, the same quick google also took me here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p ... ost1030334

which has instructions for hacking it to get it working. So it looks like its possible, but just requires a little effort?
Blackbelter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Blackbelter »

WiredEarp wrote:A quick google says that A10 is not compatible with 3D Vision. Dunno why, BlackShark works fine?

However, the same quick google also took me here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p ... ost1030334

which has instructions for hacking it to get it working. So it looks like its possible, but just requires a little effort?
Thanks! But I've tried the hacking mentioned in that thread, which didn't work for me. That's when I went desperate. Right now I am OCing my i5 3570K. After it's finished, I am gonna try cybereality's suggestion (the convergence and the DirectX version problem, in particular).

Thanks again.
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

Yep, those are good avenues to try. Also, have you tried changing your drivers to the version mentioned to work in that thread?
Blackbelter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Blackbelter »

They don't work...

I just found that in the options menu, everything works. I could change the depth, and the texts appear to be 3D. But in the game, still nothing.

This could be a problem related to my driver. I am using GTX 680 on driver version 301.24. I don't have an option of using earlier versions, with which those guys have had success in 3D setup in the game.

I guess I can't do anything but wait for the release of a new mature driver.

So sad.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

I just Bought this Sim last night and tried the Regsitry Tweak but it still does NOT work in 3D?? I had to manually add the Reg entry and it did NOT fix the 3D NOT Working in game..

I do NOT even get 3D Menus?? I have 2 480GTX's SLI'd and a nVidia 3D capable system besides A10C NOT working ALL my other games work fine in 3D??

EDIT: OK I ReRead the thread over at ED Forums what I needed to do was to SAVE the 3D Config in GAME with the CTRL F7 Key press to make the registry entry.. I then went there and added LAuncher.exe and it now works in 3D I do NOT think your Trouble are the Drivers.. Make sure you save the 3D Config ingame then goto it like that post and add the Launcher.exe value.

1) Run Regedit (if you don't know what this is don't touch it, just wait for Nvidia to release an updated driver).

2) Go to the address HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\dcs

Make the data at above address look like this:

(Default) REG_SZ (value not set)
Link1 REG_SZ Launcher.exe
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
Blackbelter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Blackbelter »

The_Nephilim wrote:I just Bought this Sim last night and tried the Regsitry Tweak but it still does NOT work in 3D?? I had to manually add the Reg entry and it did NOT fix the 3D NOT Working in game..

I do NOT even get 3D Menus?? I have 2 480GTX's SLI'd and a nVidia 3D capable system besides A10C NOT working ALL my other games work fine in 3D??

EDIT: OK I ReRead the thread over at ED Forums what I needed to do was to SAVE the 3D Config in GAME with the CTRL F7 Key press to make the registry entry.. I then went there and added LAuncher.exe and it now works in 3D I do NOT think your Trouble are the Drivers.. Make sure you save the 3D Config ingame then goto it like that post and add the Launcher.exe value.

1) Run Regedit (if you don't know what this is don't touch it, just wait for Nvidia to release an updated driver).

2) Go to the address HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\dcs

Make the data at above address look like this:

(Default) REG_SZ (value not set)
Link1 REG_SZ Launcher.exe
Something new to try! Cool! Will do it later. Thx.

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”