Deus Ex Human Revolution stereo not working.

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
mkultra333
Cross Eyed!

Deus Ex Human Revolution stereo not working.

Post by mkultra333 »

Bought Deus Ex Human Revolution on special on steam. Build 1.3.643.1. It's supposed to be 3dvision ready but it isn't working at all for me.

I have a reasonably newish system, windows 7, nvidia 560 GT SLI. After it didn't work the first time I updated the drivers to the very latest, 296.10.

If I run the "Setup" option of Deus Ex, it greys out the option to enable stereoscopic vision regardless of the other options I set. When I run the actual game, the initial menu screens don't render properly, they glitch badly in a couple of different ways depending on the run. Once the whole screen when glitch and the computer froze. The in-game stereoscopic options are also disabled, red.

The green Nvidia advice shows in the lower right corner, saying the game is excellent. But it's just not working. I tried disabling SLI but that didn't help.

Other games work fine, this is the first that's caused problems. For instance, I finished Bioshock 2 just the other day and the stereo on that didn't have any serious problems.

How am I supposed to get this game working?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution stereo not working.

Post by cybereality »

Do you have the most updated patch for the game? I recall that the original version only worked with AMD and they later released a patch for Nvidia 3D Vision.
mkultra333
Cross Eyed!

Post by mkultra333 »

I got it on Steam, so I assume it's patched to the latest version already. Build 1.3.643.1 seems like a very recent version from a google search, and I can't find any separate patches to download. Usually Steam games are automatically patched as changes are released.
mkultra333
Cross Eyed!

Post by mkultra333 »

Ok, think I fixed it. Found a hint on the Eidos Techical page, http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=119698
This tip is for people with fuzziness / blurry graphics for those with DirectX 11 enabled. Turns out Stereoscopic 3D is enabled even though “redded” out, yet it can still be adjusted via the slider...
They're actually trying to help people not using stereo 3d, but it made me think perhaps stereo might be active even though it appears disabled. Turns out in DX11 this is the case, the problem was post processing.

So if I tick DX11 and untick post processing on the setup program, I can access the 3d stereo options in-game and it seems to render ok, so far.

DX9 doesn't work with or without post processing.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Good to know. I have to check this game out sometime.
mkultra333
Cross Eyed!

Post by mkultra333 »

As I mentioned in another thread, it's hardly worth it, at least not for the stereo. Unfortunately they've hobbled the s3d quite a bit, so you can't adjust convergence and the max separation is very low. About the least thrilling S3D effect I've seen. Although the menus and guis look good... but then who cares about menus and guis?

I typically think that playing in stereo increases my enjoyment of a game by between 50% and 100%. For this one, I'd say it adds 10% to 15%. The game seems decent though, and I guess it's nice they at least tried to add S3D. But why they decided to make the effect so weak boggles my mind. I get the feeling they didn't have any regular s3d players on the team, so didn't know a good experience from a dull one.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, kinda sucks when these pro developers are noobs when it comes to 3D.

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”